TO Blames Garrett

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reading that post, I think that is a misinterpretation on your part.

You’re entitled to your opinion, but the post is right there. He tells me I’m ‘denying the facts,’ and then cites the play calling fact a second time in that post. Nobody disputes the play calling responsibilities were removed.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It didn't exactly work out for any of them, so...maybe they "fixed" the wrong problem.

Probably, right? The issue wasn’t Owens. They just all mistakenly thought it was while he was having fist fights with Hugh Douglas in the locker room. He was misunderstood.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You’re entitled to your opinion, but the post is right there. He tells me I’m ‘denying the facts,’ and then cites the play calling fact a second time in that post. Nobody disputes the play calling responsibilities were removed.

He said you denied unspecified facts previously.

Then he said there wasn't anything for for him to misinterpret in his post because he was stating facts (specified).

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a post that showcases bias and not logical arguments. Aim higher.

If it walks like a duck... I think the fact that he was in a locker room fight with a teammate at the end of one of his stays pretty much hits the mark exactly. He was a cancer.

He said you denied unspecified facts previously.

Then he said there wasn't anything for for him to misinterpret in his post because he was stating facts (specified).

Don’t be silly.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you should consider your own advice for all of your comments in this thread and those made in defense of Garrett over the years. It's worse than Hostile at this point.

You’re entitled to that opinion too. Post history doesn’t lie.

I’m very happy to stand on my opinions in defense of Garrett over the years. I fault him where I see faults, and I don’t react emotionally or buckle to peer pressure like so many of you guys do.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
You’re entitled to that opinion too. Post history doesn’t lie.

I’m very happy to stand on my opinions in defense of Garrett over the years. I fault him where I see faults, and I don’t react emotionally or buckle to peer pressure like so many of you guys do.

Not to rehash a ton of stuff, but what is the tangible strengths that is providing a competitive advantage?
- He was hired as an OC as a genius in making (mostly due to him having a degree from Princeton), not from any proof of coaching ability
- The system he installed is not exactly groundbreaking nor contain many new wrinkles that have been employed for the last 10 years.
- His situational awareness and usage of TO in key games has been ridiculous (think Az game when he left a TO on the field, Baltimore, etc)
- For all his presidential aura and genius, he somehow could not get Dallas to retool an offensive line until 2011 (Tyron) and continued running Proctor and Costa out there as "RKGs"
- He has failed for up to 10 years to have any real defense or scheme that has preserved games.
- He lobbied for Brad Johnson, which almost single handedly torpedoed the 2008 season

I just dont think handling the media and working with Jerry is really enough in 10 year process to lay a strong foundation.

Last edited:

Keithfansince5

Reaction score

Keithfansince5

Reaction score

Verdict

Reaction score
It sure does seeing how he was playing under him.

Ok. Ignore his narcissism and borderline personality disorder if you like. Pretend none of it exists. Pretend he wasn't a cancer. Pretend he doesn't have an ego or an agenda.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Dez in the slot or in movement... This has been my biggest complaint forever... either Dez is to stupid to learn the routes which I doubt, because he has ran them with success...

Case in point quick slant to Dez picks up 20 yards.. you dont see him run that again for 4 weeks.. I am NOT exaggerating

Exactly, and the plays that go nowhere you see again and again.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The Pittsburgh game was a huge issue.

Romo targeted his bestie Witten and we lost that game after a great defensive performance.

That was the beginning of the end for Wade Phillips. I know how people like to pretend he "lost the team" but Garrett backstabbed him and others all along.

Garrett was half of that "lost team". Wade was Head Coach in title, but he only ran the defense, Garrett had total control of the offense.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter. It’s true.

You can disagree all you want about his theories about Romo and Witten or whatever else. You can’t deny his thoughts on our offensive scheme because the evidence is there for everyone to see.
again, not dismissing garret issues, separate discussion. but I could give a hoot what TO has to say and given how he talked and acted himself out of three (or is it 4) different places, I take his word with a grain of salt with much less credibility....