TO called out ED!!! LOL funny *Merged*

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oldschool7;2493632 said:
Werder stands taller, if anything.

It's simple case of Romo, Witten, Ware, Ellis, James and Newman OVERCOME the baggage the Cancer brings to the team.

Owens contributed nothing in that game and in the closing seconds he looked nervous and agitated, a man exposed.
Next question.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Ferrumz;2494406 said:
Getting your name mentioned on a rival network as opposed to getting your name drug through the mud are two very different things. Bad publicity is not good publicity.

According to whom?

Fans?

If fans, then yes.

If media people, then you're incorrect. If other networks are talking about the story you broke, that's a good thing if you're in the media or if you're a reporter.

NBC is forced to deal with the issue that Werder wrote about, an issue that was reported by other outlets too.

That is good publicity for ESPN and for Werder. In fact, I noted Andrea Kramer's reaction when T.O. mentioned Werder. It was almost like a "you didn't have to give his name" look. That's how I took it.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Givincer;2494860 said:
I basically wish he didn't even have press conferences, because then the stories would have a hard time to live on.

But I thought he did well in his press conference. He didn't look disingenuous at all when talking about Witten, I don't think.
The trio of Romo, Witten and TO actually looked harmonious during the Andrea Kremer interview. They were laughing together like there is some inside joke. I love it.

Primetime42

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2493719 said:
Actually, T.O. made Ed's day. Ed Werder gets his name mentioned on a rival network.
You can betcha NBC didn't like that, and ESPN loved it.
T.O. doesn't understand that to carry on a personal crusade against Werder signifies that Werder is in his head.
The best thing to do would be to ignore him. But we know he can't do that.
I can personally promise you that no one at NBC cares.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2494990 said:
According to whom?

Fans?

If fans, then yes.

If media people, then you're incorrect. If other networks are talking about the story you broke, that's a good thing if you're in the media or if you're a reporter.

NBC is forced to deal with the issue that Werder wrote about, an issue that was reported by other outlets too.

That is good publicity for ESPN and for Werder. In fact, I noted Andrea Kramer's reaction when T.O. mentioned Werder. It was almost like a "you didn't have to give his name" look. That's how I took it.

I have a few wide-scoping opinions here...

1. I'm glad, in a weird sense, to see an us-versus-them mentality fester. It's nice to see a media member/network the target of T.O.'s venom and not, possibly, a teammate. I've long yearned this season (my post history reflects it) to see us develop into a team that says screw you to the world and bonds together like the Giants did last year. We'll see if this is the start of that. I'm not necessarily convinced yet.

2. I think it's clear Werder is in T.O.'s head. He's clearly emotionally frazzled by this. Interestingly, though, it seems like he's more hurt than pissed. Look at his facial expressions, the tone in his voice. He seems downright hurt. I'm not sure I've heard him ever sound like he did after tonight. I think he's hurt that someone would snitch from within the organization, as it seems like he likes being here, and is using Werder as his outlet to tee off on. Still, even in calling him a liar, this war of T.O.'s just sounds/looks/feels different.

3. I think you're right that Werder is loving this. To be standing there in the press room and hearing his name thrown around, he's eating up every minute. I think T.O. thinks he can ruin Werder's credibility, but Owens has a history that almost makes Werder the sympathetic figure here for the masses. It's a weird situation.

Plus, as you mentioned, it's rare for media members to get their names mentioned like that. His story is everywhere, and T.O. is keeping it alive on every network. His name's on NBC, NFL Network -- everywhere.

The only way he's worried right now is if he was lying through his teeth and in talking with ESPN execs over the next few days about how to attack this story next, he has to reveal that he made the whole thing up and had no sources. Which, frankly, I think is a ridiculous assumption. Werder likes to stir up stuff, but he has a long, trustworthy history that suggests he's not some yellow journalist lying through his mustache.

4. I still have long-term fears over what this mess will do to us. Historically, T.O. is a person who, once someone turns on him, he never forgives and forgets. Eventually, it will get out who the source was for this story and others. And it's scary to think it could be Witten, or someone prominent -- maybe even Garrett? -- that could cause T.O. to go psycho.

And bag on the guy all we want, but he's an essential part of this team and offense.

This is where I don't buy the cancer metaphor entirely. A cancer, if I'm not mistaken, at its core is not a needed part of your body. It's an unwanted growth or such that you want to cut off and hope it hasn't infiltrated everywhere else.

I get the infiltrating comparison, but T.O.'s more like a lung or a leg that, for some reason, you know will go bad one day. But you don't really want to just cut it off and try living without a lung or a leg. Yet you might not be able to survive by keeping it as it is. So what do you do?

risco

Reaction score
rysko;2493523 said:
why does it matter that jerry is on the sideline to celebrate a must needed victory?

I really don't know why people are bothered by Jerry being on the sideline. It doesn't matter, booth or sideline is fine with me. I just want the W.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
tyke1doe;2494990 said:
According to whom?

Fans?

If fans, then yes.

Don't you just feel all warm and fuzzy inside, tyke? I bet you have some of them, um, dreams tonight...you know them kind, right?

:laugh2:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2493719 said:
Actually, T.O. made Ed's day. Ed Werder gets his name mentioned on a rival network.
You can betcha NBC didn't like that, and ESPN loved it.
T.O. doesn't understand that to carry on a personal crusade against Werder signifies that Werder is in his head.
The best thing to do would be to ignore him. But we know he can't do that.

Actually. This is a case that is pretty clear.

Its gone VERY personal for Ed. He was glowing and giddy as he gave his reports with many "anonymous" sources.

If it was YOU or ME and someone was out there slamming us... I know I would have to say something. At some point... enough is enough.

Ed Werder should change his name to Ed Wood.

JonCJG

Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

REVENGE OF THE FAN, COWBOY STYLE

Posted by Mike Florio on December 15, 2008, 6:38 a.m.

While watching at YouTube the video of T.O.’s post-game comments after Sunday’s win over the Giants, we noticed another clip, which currently has enjoyed less than 30,000 views but which surely is on its way to 3 million.

A Dallas fan named Cowboy Chris recently set up shop within earshot of an attempt by ESPN’s Ed Werder to file a report from Valley Ranch.

And Cowboy Chris started heckling Werder.

The whole thing took on a much more compelling quality when a member of the ESPN crew, who by all appearances would otherwise be earning a living shuttling the boss of the North Jersey mob between his house and Satriale’s, dropped repeated “F” bombs on Cowboy Chris.

The five-minute clip is, in our view, priceless, primarily since it combines elements of several of our favorite shows.

It takes on an Office-style feel when a mildly-amused security guard arrives on the scene and acknowledges that there’s really nothing that can be done about the situation.

And then it conjures images of Seinfeld, when Chris Moltisanti gets in the face of Cowboy Chris and threatens to come to his workplace and heckle him.

But enough talking. Here it is.

And as to the ESPN staffer who foolishly (and profanely) engaged Cowboy Chris while a camera was rolling, we wish you luck in your coming job search.

We hear that Uncle Junior needs someone to take him to the doctor twice per week.

UPDATE: We’re hearing that the “F”-bomber in the video is a producer named “Sean.” Said one source with knowledge of him, “He’s one of those guys who hangs out with the talent and acts like he’s the same.”

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2493632 said:

It's simple case of Romo, Witten, Ware, Ellis, James and Newman OVERCOME the baggage the Cancer brings to the team.

Owens contributed nothing in that game and in the closing seconds he looked nervous and agitated, a man exposed.

Yeah..... Go back to bristol Ed...

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Oldschool7;2493632 said:

Thats odd.

I must have been watching a different Cowboys game.
I saw Terrell Owens smiling from ear to ear when Newman kissed the star.

On this particular post the only one exposed is you.

ethiostar

Reaction score
YoMick;2495379 said:
Thats odd.

I must have been watching a different Cowboys game.
I saw Terrell Owens smiling from ear to ear when Newman kissed the star.

On this particular post the only one exposed is you.

Man, it's really hard to read your posts when Halle is staring at me so invitingly.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
RoadRunner;2494035 said:
No, its actually a case of Werder trying to become the news. He succeeded, but that is frowned upon in journalism.

Exactly ...... I cannot believe some of the news guys on here think this helps Werder.

This kinda stuff makes you a shock jock ..... not a legitimate reporter.

It makes you lose credibility when you become the story.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
YoMick;2495267 said:
Actually. This is a case that is pretty clear.

Its gone VERY personal for Ed. He was glowing and giddy as he gave his reports with many "anonymous" sources.

If it was YOU or ME and someone was out there slamming us... I know I would have to say something. At some point... enough is enough.

Ed Werder should change his name to Ed Wood.

If it were me, I wouldn't have put myself in this situation to begin with. I would be like Marion Barber. I'm assuming you would too.

Look, I'm trying to be honest here. I believe Werder does take a measure of personal satisfaction in breaking this story. But I think he would have done it anyway.

Nevertheless, missing in all this is T.O.'s contribution. He just can't shut his mouth.

You would think he would learn from his many conflicts with teammates and media at his other stops. But he ... just ... can't ... stop ... talking.

It's frustrating to watch this pattern develop, know what's coming and T.O. just jumps right in, feet first.

Forget ESPN's responsibility. It's going to cover the news as it sees fit. But it can't cover anything if T.O. would simply concentrate on football and not give them ANYTHING. Just learn how to give pat responses. It aint that hard.

Sheesh. :(

tyke1doe

Reaction score
zrinkill;2495463 said:
Exactly ...... I cannot believe some of the news guys on here think this helps Werder.

This kinda stuff makes you a shock jock ..... not a legitimate reporter.

It makes you lose credibility when you become the story.

Lose credibility in whose eyes?

In the fans?

You heard the boos so apparently people agree with Werder.

With his colleagues?

Other media outlets were chasing Werder's story.

I know you want him to lose credibility because you don't like his story or his reporting. That's fine.

But I'm sure people at ESPN monitor this site, and maybe Ed Werder does too.

And the fact that we continue to talk about him is probably an immense source of pleasure for him that his story generated this much response.

The worst thing you can do to a reporter or anyone in the opinion profession is not to criticize them, but to ignore them. Criticism lets them know that someone is paying attention and that they're doing their job.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
5Stars;2495123 said:
Don't you just feel all warm and fuzzy inside, tyke? I bet you have some of them, um, dreams tonight...you know them kind, right?

:laugh2:

bahahahahahahahaha!

You so funny.

bahahahahahahahaha!

:laugh1:

Good one. ;)