To everyone I've offended.

nathanlt

Reaction score
I have always been a Cowboys fan.
I’ve come to realize that I had too much reverence for the days of Roger Staubach and Tom Landry, so that when Terrell Owens showboated on the star, I felt that he had spit in the face of the team that I loved. He had mocked the Dallas Cowboys stars I had in reality worshiped. That unhealthy reverence became twisted into a vicious hatred for him that followed wherever he went. Now that he is on the team, there is simply no joy any longer watching them. That’s what happens when you take the Dallas Cowboys too seriously.

The sad thing is, my wife and I had a big fight over whether or not the Cowboys would even be watched in our house. And that’s when I realized Terrell Owens is affecting more than just my favorite team. He was affecting my marriage, and I’m sure not going to let a grudge do that. A grudge is not more important than people, and I have offended many of you by saying you are not fans. One of these days I’m going to forgive him, but it’s going to take a while for me to actually mean it.

I sincerely apologize for the hurtful comments I made to people in here over the Cowboys and “real fans” I’m not going to make any more argument about it, and it’s doubtful that I’ll ever post again. I’m really embarrassed, and once again, I apologize to each and every one of you.

I need to post this now so that I can’t change my mind and slip back into a war over this topic.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You can come down off your cross now.

Its not that people are offended so much as noone takes you seriously. And if youre allowing a player you dont even know affect your relationship with your wife methinks you might need to look internally.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
nathanlt said:
I’ve come to realize that I had too much reverence for the days of Roger Staubach and Tom Landry, so that when Terrell Owens showboated on the star, I felt that he had spit in the face of the team that I loved. He had mocked the Dallas Cowboys stars I had in reality worshiped. That unhealthy reverence became twisted into a vicious hatred for him that followed wherever he went. Now that he is on the team, there is simply no joy any longer watching them. That’s what happens when you take the Dallas Cowboys too seriously.

The sad thing is, my wife and I had a big fight over whether or not the Cowboys would even be watched in our house. And that’s when I realized Terrell Owens is affecting more than just my favorite team. He was affecting my marriage, and I’m sure not going to let a grudge do that. A grudge is not more important than people, and I have offended many of you by saying you are not fans. One of these days I’m going to forgive him, but it’s going to take a while for me to actually mean it.

I sincerely apologize for the hurtful comments I made to people in here over the Cowboys and “real fans” I’m not going to make any more argument about it, and it’s doubtful that I’ll ever post again. I’m really embarrassed, and once again, I apologize to each and every one of you.

I need to post this now so that I can’t change my mind and slip back into a war over this topic.

... have a mental problem. I don't understand how the presence of one person on the Cowboys roster gives you licence to take it out on your loved ones.

It's time for you to leave...BTW, you can take your apology with you. After numerous inflammatory posts towards well meaning and grounded Cowboys fans it's ludicrous of you to think you can regain your dignity and modicum of respect with a simple post.

You dragged your reputation through the gutter with a number of posts and you think one will bring back above ground? Hah!

JonCJG

Reaction score
You are not a true Cowboys Fan NLT. Did you stop watching the boys when Deion and Haley were on the team and we were winning Super Bowl's? Thought so.

I hate Mcnabb more than any player in the NFL because I feel he is a crybaby and a choker who is cuddled by the FO in Philly. Close second would be Eli Manning for obvious reasons. But if they were traded to Dallas today I'd support them 100 percent. If we traded RW and DWare for some draft picks I'd be pissed but I'd still support. The Dallas Cowboys and what they represent are bigger than any player who has or will play for us.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
nathanlt said:

WoW, i'm glad i don't live anywhere close to you. The words "Pet Coon" and "**** House Rat" come to mind.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
KD said:
You are not a true Cowboys Fan NLT. Did you stop watching the boys when Deion and Haley were on the team and we were winning Super Bowl's? Thought so.

I hate Mcnabb more than any player in the NFL because I feel he is a crybaby and a choker who is cuddled by the FO in Philly. Close second would be Eli Manning for obvious reasons. But if they were traded to Dallas today I'd support them 100 percent. If we traded RW and DWare for some draft picks I'd be pissed but I'd still support. The Dallas Cowboys and what they represent are bigger than any player who has or will play for us.

Well Said.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Some of you might try practicing a bit of forgiveness. It's not often that someone shows enough courage and humility to admit they are wrong and apologize. The public lynching that appears to taking place in response reflects the exact opposite characteristics: it's both gutless and arrogant. Not sure what nathanlt has done to need forgiveness or to elicit this kind of response, but in this thread, at least, a number of you come off looking far worse by comparison.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Outlaw Heroes said:
Some of you might try practicing a bit of forgiveness. It's not often that someone shows enough courage and humility to admit they are wrong and apologize. The public lynching that appears to taking place in response reflects the exact opposite characteristics: it's both gutless and arrogant. Not sure what nathanlt has done to need forgiveness or to elicit this kind of response, but in this thread, at least, a number of you come off looking far worse by comparison.

Hey dude, i'm out of wine. Mind doing a flip flop with this water?

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Outlaw Heroes said:

I agree... and well said my friend...where have you been

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Bro don't forget this is just a sport and fun don't take things way too seriously easy on urself first and family . we all want our team to win all the time ,also so many other fans want thier teams to win too. win or lose T.O or no T.O ,I will never lose a sleep over it . My own life is more importent then a team win or lose...relax my friend and set up your priorities in life stright and cheering for your team should not be priority number one...just look around the world to see how belss u are...

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
DB.COOPER said:
Bro don't forget this is just a sport and fun don't take things way too seriously easy on urself first and family . we all want our team to win all the time ,also so many other fans want thier teams to win too. win or lose T.O or no T.O ,I will never lose a sleep over it . My own life is more importent then a team win or lose...relax my friend and set up your priorities in life stright and cheering for your team should not be priority number one...just look around the world to see how belss u are...
........Uhhhhhhhhh, Nathan,...Its not that you really need to be forgivin for anything you may have posted on a message board. Even if you did im sure the good folks in here do forgive you. BUT, if what you just posted is indeed TRUE, then you better RUN, not walk to the nearest mental help facility in your area. Im being truthfull here. Listen, im just as big of a fan as the next person but you also have to put things in perspective. You really are in need of some profesional help.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
KD said:

BINGO!

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
Outlaw Heroes said:
Well said, my friend :bow:

rcaldw

Reaction score
No matter how many flaming posts he wrote, and no matter how far astray his priorities have been, and no matter how mixed his motives might be, the guy said he was sorry and asked forgiveness.

When we respond with "he isn't a true fan", "come down off your cross", "get to a mental health provider", and all the rest, I just wonder how we are any different?

I personally don't understand a fight with your wife over football but if he has come to realize that his priorities have been far wrong, then I rejoice. And if he asks for those whom he has hurt on here to forgive him, I hope they do.

I don't ever remember reading a post of his anyway, but I really have avoided the T.O. stuff, so maybe that's why.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
rcaldw said:
No matter how many flaming posts he wrote, and no matter how far astray his priorities have been, and no matter how mixed his motives might be, the guy said he was sorry and asked forgiveness.

When we respond with "he isn't a true fan", "come down off your cross", "get to a mental health provider", and all the rest, I just wonder how we are any different?

I personally don't understand a fight with your wife over football but if he has come to realize that his priorities have been far wrong, then I rejoice. And if he asks for those whom he has hurt on here to forgive him, I hope they do.

I don't ever remember reading a post of his anyway, but I really have avoided the T.O. stuff, so maybe that's why.

Bravo :thankyou: well said

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
NOTE TO nathanlt...

To some Cowboy fans (certainly not all), I'm probably least welcomed on the Zone; and that's primarily because I'm an Eagles fan - completely understandable. You see, I've been posting here under austere conditions sometimes, for a few years now, but what hasn't killed me, has made me stronger. But here's the point ...

You can't let a handful of anybody dictate your course of action. If you are worth your weight in salt as a Cowboys fan or any kind of fan, you stand up for what you believe. Sure you're going to get slammed, but stand anyway!

You're not any of those labels some of your fandom called you simply because you have a strong passion toward something!

Keep these thoughts in your mind ...

Do it Anyway ...

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered ...Love them anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives ...Do good anyway.

If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies ...Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow ...Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable ...be honest anyway.

The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds ...Think big anyway.

People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs ...fight for a few underdogs anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight ...Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you help them ...help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth ...give the world the best you have anyway.

Leave if you must ...but don't let anyone kick you out of anywhere because of your passion for something.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Wow PT. No color options. I am inpressed, you must have meant that. J/K.

I agree with the majority here, its only football very few of our lives truly depend on it as a way to provide for our families. The guy was upset made some harsh comments, and shared some opinions that many may not agree with; but he has seemingly come to realize the thing that most of us know...as much as we love the game, we cant let it effect our family lives.