To everyone I've offended.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Jon88 said:
You didn't give up when Campo was here, so don't do it now. I have a feeling this is our year.

That was a trying time for me, I have to admit.

I almost left the country and embraced soccer.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Chief said:
That was a trying time for me, I have to admit.

I almost left the country and embraced soccer.

Thats funny because I almost took up showing poodles at dog shows. I still do not know why I had the urge to do that.:p:

DBoys

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Oh look.

Another person who said he would quit posting.

The problem with both you and the terribly sensitive person that started this thread is that you have a very tough time separating the reality from the fantasy.

The tradition, the "star" all of those things, I can assure you that most professional football players (and yes, our beloved Dallas Cowboys) care less about that than the fans do.

Is that unfortunate? Yes.

It is unfortunate that the game has changed. It is also very unfortunate that it has changed right along with the society. This used to be a game that was played under a different set of rules. Money was not always a factor. But now, it is. And that needs to be understood.

And if one has a hard time understanding it, that's fine. But to hold today's athlete to the same set of standards once held is a fruitless waste of time. It is now a business, where before it was a sport. Grown men played games for half the year and then had to feed their family some other way in the offseason.

And as for Owens, I don't particular hold him in high esteem as a person. But again, this is a sport and I value this franchise. If the men that own it, coach it and actually sweat for it do not have an issue gambling on his talent, I won't judge. But to others who feel there is some sort of mythical standard that has to be adhered to is the ultimate form of hypocrite. The fact is, if you supported the Cowboys of the 1990s, you supported the same type of "thug" that you accuse Owens of being.

And if "honor" and "tradition" and "the star" is more important than winning, then be my guest, I hope 5-11 seasons are appealing to you because that is what you are going to receive.

:hammer:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
Thats funny because I almost took up showing poodles at dog shows. I still do not know why I had the urge to do that.:p:

:laugh2:

Funny, I had the urge to kick a poodle.

superpunk

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
if Nathan is on ignore, how do you know he posted a forgiveness appeal? :D

When people are on ignore, you can still read when others quote them. It's annoying.

silver

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
NOTE TO nathanlt...

To some Cowboy fans (certainly not all), I'm probably least welcomed on the Zone; and that's primarily because I'm an Eagles fan - completely understandable. You see, I've been posting here under austere conditions sometimes, for a few years now, but what hasn't killed me, has made me stronger. But here's the point ...

You can't let a handful of anybody dictate your course of action. If you are worth your weight in salt as a Cowboys fan or any kind of fan, you stand up for what you believe. Sure you're going to get slammed, but stand anyway!

You're not any of those labels some of your fandom called you simply because you have a strong passion toward something!

Keep these thoughts in your mind ...

Do it Anyway ...

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered ...Love them anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives ...Do good anyway.

If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies ...Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow ...Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable ...be honest anyway.

The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds ...Think big anyway.

People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs ...fight for a few underdogs anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight ...Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you help them ...help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth ...give the world the best you have anyway.

Leave if you must ...but don't let anyone kick you out of anywhere because of your passion for something.

ok, get off your cross now. j/k. pt, you know we like you. most of us here own pets.;) your only flaw is you root for the eagles, and we don't. that's is. no other issue but that. we have learned to co-exist with you. but the rivalry and ensuing punches will always be there. hugs and kisses.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
summerisfunner said:

Just in case you were serious...

He may not be able to see what nathan posts within one of nathans posts.

However if you have someone on ignore I do believe you will be able to see what they write when someone quotes them and the person that quotes them is not on your ignore list.

I could be wrong but I think I am right on that one.

So you could have nathan on ignore. Nathan makes a post. You can't see what nathan wrote.
Hos comes along and quotes nathans post. You can read what hos wrote and see nathans post where it was quoted.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Just have to realize this new generation has lowered the bar for standards by....oh half a mile or so. Its a new generation we are living in and they like show offs, gold, in your face, rap, guns and criminals more then honor and humility.

Its sad, but thems the facts of life. What we hold dear is trash to this new generation and what they hold dear is trash to us. But we can get along, just dont insult their poster child, el dorado.

hey, who says that the young new generation have lowered our standards for players? i PRAY that we are able to find more players like those of the past. and you just be came the biggest stereo-typer i have never met. Honor and being humble is key facts of being a man...or women. so againt f' you mister stereo-typer

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Hostile said:
The problem really isn't your reverence of the past. It isn't even that you take the Cowboys too seriously. The problem is that you are someone who apparently can truly hate another person you've not even met. How can that be healthy Nate? Hate takes a lot of energy. Hate isn't easy. You have to feed hatred. You fed it. That isn't good.

I guess I don't understand. How can you forgive him and not mean it? The rift with your wife is exactly what I meant by the what I said above. I'm assuming she is also a Cowboys fan. That could be wrong on my part. It really isn't important. But apparently what you have done is tell her what she can or can't do and how she has to feel about this. No different than any Dictator. Marriage isn't a dictatorship it's a partnership.

You'd actually allow hatred for someone else dictate your relationship with your wife? Over a touchdown celebration? Nate, remember when I told you this man owned you? That's exactly what I'm talking about right there.

You mentioned the names Staubach and Landry as those who TO offended. Be honest with me here. Do you think Roger Staubach hates TO? Do you think Tom Landry would refuse to forgive the man? Nate, I just don't see it. One of the foundations of the Christianity that they espoused is foregiveness.

Once again I'll say that I don't think the "I'll never post again" approach is the right avenue to take. That's still a reactionary method and that is what led you down the wrong path to start with. You've apologized. I assume you would prefer to be forgiven. TO apologized by saying he was going to do whatever he can to return us to winning. He promised Jerry he wouldn't let him down. I assume he would like to be forgiven.

You don't have to like the man. You don't even have to root for him to do well; although I confess I don't understand that. If he does well it means the team I love benefits. I do think he need to let it go. If for no other reason than you haven't been rational about the whole deal. There's a reason for that. Hate is never rational. There's no such thing as well thought out hatred.

Just food for thought.

Hos, you have some Dr. Phil in you.

I may need to have a session with you pretty soon.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
the kid 05 said:
hey who says that the young new generation have lowered our standards for players? i PRAY that we are able to find more players like those of the past. and you just be came the biggest stereo-typer i have never met. Honor and being humble is key facts of being a man...or women. so againt mister stereo-typer

:eek:

Uh-oh.

Reaction score
I'm going to take the high road here and accept his apology. That is just the way I am. I agree with alot of you about ONE player shouldn't be a reason to not root for your team it's bigger than that, I agree with this 100% but if we have a negative attitude toward the poster, we are no better than he the way he acted in the past.

DBoys

Reaction score
nathanlt said:
I have always been a Cowboys fan.
I’ve come to realize that I had too much reverence for the days of Roger Staubach and Tom Landry, so that when Terrell Owens showboated on the star, I felt that he had spit in the face of the team that I loved. He had mocked the Dallas Cowboys stars I had in reality worshiped. That unhealthy reverence became twisted into a vicious hatred for him that followed wherever he went. Now that he is on the team, there is simply no joy any longer watching them. That’s what happens when you take the Dallas Cowboys too seriously.

The sad thing is, my wife and I had a big fight over whether or not the Cowboys would even be watched in our house. And that’s when I realized Terrell Owens is affecting more than just my favorite team. He was affecting my marriage, and I’m sure not going to let a grudge do that. A grudge is not more important than people, and I have offended many of you by saying you are not fans. One of these days I’m going to forgive him, but it’s going to take a while for me to actually mean it.

I sincerely apologize for the hurtful comments I made to people in here over the Cowboys and “real fans” I’m not going to make any more argument about it, and it’s doubtful that I’ll ever post again. I’m really embarrassed, and once again, I apologize to each and every one of you.

I need to post this now so that I can’t change my mind and slip back into a war over this topic.

I am not one to quote passages on a board but I think it is fitting.

Matthew 6:14 "For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 "But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions."

Matthew 18:23 -35
Mark 11:26

When you forgive TO you will be free from this.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
So now can we argue about whether Abram Elam should be allowed on this team or not?:bang2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Just in case you were serious...

He may not be able to see what nathan posts within one of nathans posts.

However if you have someone on ignore I do believe you will be able to see what they write when someone quotes them and the person that quotes them is not on your ignore list.

I could be wrong but I think I am right on that one.

So you could have nathan on ignore. Nathan makes a post. You can't see what nathan wrote.
Hos comes along and quotes nathans post. You can read what hos wrote and see nathans post where it was quoted.

but if Nathan was on ignore, why would he bother to go into his thread? :p:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
the kid 05 said:
hey, who says that the young new generation have lowered our standards for players? i PRAY that we are able to find more players like those of the past. and you just be came the biggest stereo-typer i have never met. Honor and being humble is key facts of being a man...or women. so againt mister stereo-typer
:laugh1::laugh2::lmao:

This is absolutely hiarious.............Mr. Humble and Honor twice directed an f-bomb at another poster. Man, what a classic.
Go now, and do this............. :bang2:

DLCassidy

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:

Well the thread title was a bit of a tip off.:laugh2: But it was quoted by someone else. But I'll say what you're probably thinking: my bad for opening the thread in the first place.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Well the thread title was a bit of a tip off.:laugh2: But it was quoted by someone else. But I'll say what you're probably thinking: my bad for opening the thread in the first place.

hehe, I'm just ribbin' 'ya :D