TO inclement weather

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dave_in-NC;2456460 said:
He's a genius, you didn't know that? Not to mention they play Buffalo a few times.
I'm blaming it on paint chip eating...

icyhot

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2456444 said:
Oh god please. Every team in the North has a dome? Gennius?
Actually TO played in Philly and had his best season there. I am sure Philly is not considered a sunshine state. Just so happenes to be in the same state as Pittsburg.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
icyhot;2456469 said:
Actually TO played in Philly and had his best season there. I am sure Philly is not considered a sunshine state. Just so happenes to be in the same state as Pittsburg.

For a few years. But he played some games in a dome.:D

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
YoMick;2456458 said:
Actually its a prediction not an opinion. :laugh2:

Then where did I come up with "just my opinion"? Am I David Blaine? :p:

utrunner07

Reaction score
sportsman;2456265 said:
I have a feeling TO will drop some balls in the cold and snow that awaits him Sunday. I feel Roy will have a big game along with the winning catch. Just my opinion.

ok thanks..a really informative and factually based post.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2456560 said:
Romo sucks. :D

Why I oughta!

Did you hear his last presser? He said I'm playing at a high level. Ask owens.

I loved it.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2456564 said:
Why I oughta!

Did you hear his last presser? He said I'm playing at a high level. Ask owens.

I loved it.

:lmao2: Yeah. I love the camaraderie the guys have. It's something that the media doesn't pick up on because they're too busy digging for dirt.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Not worth the worry. It'll play out like it plays out. And if we do this one we might as well do one on how many times the whistling wind will make Flozell not hear and jump off-sides. It's why the games are played.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2456453 said:
I doubt that the Bears and Packers played their home games inside the Lions' stadium.

Yeah, TWO GAMES A YEAR he played in cold weather.

Like Owens never played cold weather games...

Your buddy "Dolt_in-NC" said that Roy Williams is much better acclimated to cold weather than T.O. I'm sure the two games a year he played in Chicago and Green Bay (at varying times during the year, I might add) makes him MUCH better prepared than Owens, who may have only played ONE game a year outdoors in a cold city.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
JordanTaber;2456922 said:

Like Owens never played cold weather games...

Your buddy "Dolt_in-NC" said that Roy Williams is much better acclimated to cold weather than T.O. I'm sure the two games a year he played in Chicago and Green Bay (at varying times during the year, I might add) makes him MUCH better prepared than Owens, who may have only played ONE game a year outdoors in a cold city.

I'll give ya this much, no matter how stupid the statement you stick to your convictions. You wait until the middle of the night, but you come back for a beating.:laugh2:

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2456332 said:
I think our WR's will have to win the game... Their CB's aren't all that good to me.

Steelers pass def is built on the blitzing pass rush and not on the secondary.

Our O-L and TEs have to keep Romo upright for WRs to get balls ! :bang2:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JordanTaber;2456437 said:
Roy Williams played in a quasi-dome his entire NFL career, genius.
DallasEast;2456453 said:
I doubt that the Bears and Packers played their home games inside the Lions' stadium.
JordanTaber;2456922 said:
So, let's sum this up, shall we?

You made the statement that Roy Williams has played his entire NFL career indoors, which is incredible in itself since no team in NFL history has played it's entire regular season at home.

My reply [which doesn't even account for all outdoor away games which Roy Williams has played away from Ford Field in his career against Dallas (2), Jacksonville (1), New England (1), New York Giants (1), New York Jets (1), Oakland (1), Philadelphia (1), Pittsburgh (1), Tampa Bay (1), Tennessee (1) and Washington (1) in addtion to Green Bay (3) and Chicago (4) prior to this season] to your assertion, which I had indicated in bold, addressed your incorrect statement, albeit in an abbreviated fashion, correctly.

Your reply back to me specified "cold weather" games which Roy Williams may or may not have played in. Did my reply specified cold weather games which Roy Williams may or may not have played in? No. Did my reply refute your literal statement: "Roy Williams played in a quasi-dome his entire NFL career, genius." Of course it did. You were too consumed with autofeeding yourself Terrell Owens Brand Defecating Paint Chips TM to have realized it first.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I have to say that Roy has played at least 9 games a year in a dome stadium.

The idea that Roy Williams is more accustomed to playing in the cold than TO is pretty laughable.

TO played in Philly for 2 years with all home games being outside and most others outside.

How is this an argument worth fighting for? Nobody is winning it and neither has a point!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2456330 said:
Whats negative? owens in the cold combined with a wet slippery ball?
He will drop some, all the WRs will. Williams is more accustomed to that weather, chances are he will be better for it.

So the owens defending begins.

At first I was going to laugh when you said that cause Detriot plays in a dome but then I stopped to remember that he had to play in Greenbay and Chicago every year as well. Though I don't know how many times he played in each one of those places when it was actually cold. But I see you're point there.

Still I think with the one and half years in Philly, and the much longer NFL career, that Owens has probably played in more cold weather/bad weather, games than Williams has.

I doubt Williams is any more ready for it than TO, to be honest.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2457616 said:
At first I was going to laugh when you said that cause Detriot plays in a dome but then I stopped to remember that he had to play in Greenbay and Chicago every year as well. Though I don't know how many times he played in each one of those places when it was actually cold. But I see you're point there.

Still I think with the one and half years in Philly, and the much longer NFL career, that Owens has probably played in more cold weather/bad weather, games than Williams has.

I doubt Williams is any more ready for it than TO, to be honest.

If you look at the times of year that Williams played outdoors and where compared to owens it makes a difference. Playing in NY in December is different than playing in say GB. These players prepare different than those that see the extreme weather a few times a season. Same goes with playing in the heat. Simply living in one condition or the other keeps you more accustomed to the weather.

Owens playing for Philly one and a half seasons isn't going to get him prepared
for cold crapy conditions.

Just to say.... This wasn't a knock on owens. Some just jump to conclusions and go to the ends of the earth to defend him.
Usually over nothing, which I find hilarious.