To some a dream scenario with Dak going down

Reaction score
This was the best thing to happen to us.

I dont wish no player an injury. But this ends any discussion about Dak getting paid.

Lets watch a good QB play with this offense and all discussion will come to an end.
Oh yeah?

And what happens when the defense gives up TD's every time the opposition touches the ball and Dalton is down 24 points in the blink of an eye? What's he gonna do? Hand the ball to Zeke? Great stuff.

This defense can't stop a middle school girl's choir.

Dak did his best to keep his team in the game and took chances he wouldn't take under normal circumstances. And you say that's bad QB play.

Ok. I want to see how Dalton plays next time the team is down 41-14. Then we'll see how great the QB play will be then

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
-For those that wanted to see what the team would be like under Dalton, you got it
-For the Dak supporters that claimed the team would fall apart without Dak you got it
-For those that wanted a top 5 draft pick, you may have it
-For those that had any hope of getting Dak at a cheaper price, you may get it
-For those that think Zeke can carry this team, you are about to find out

:dance:

It's like a breath of fresh air....the American nightmare is over. The Dallas Cowboys finally have a QB that can lead a WR on a crossing route.

Nor do I have to worry about my TEs pulling a groin because they are having to scoop a pass headed towards their feet.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
-For those that wanted to see what the team would be like under Dalton, you got it
-For the Dak supporters that claimed the team would fall apart without Dak you got it

Dalton has to prove it vs teams with winning records. Same as Dak had to. So this game was just stat padding.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Hope so - cheaper price means a better defense and maybe just maybe Dak or any other Cowboy QB won't have to toss the rock 50+ times a game.

How are we gonna get pro bowl level players for the D. Just having money isn't enough. DLaw got paid, and look at his production afterwards.

Reaction score

It's like a breath of fresh air....the American nightmare is over. The Dallas Cowboys finally have a QB that can lead a WR on a crossing route.

Nor do I have to worry about my TEs pulling a groin because they are having to scoop a pass headed towards their feet.
Hard to believe there are people walking the planet that are this dumb

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
LOL all is true but so much dumb stuff has happened in this league. All Dallas needs is slightly better than mediocre Defense (which it doesn't have) to stay in it. Not gonna say there is a chance...but right now...yeah sadly, there is a chance because EVERYONE sucks....
Dalton can ball if he has protection. Which he doesn’t. He is going to get killed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This was the best thing to happen to us.

I dont wish no player an injury. But this ends any discussion about Dak getting paid.

Lets watch a good QB play with this offense and all discussion will come to an end.

sure buddy. I’m going to enjoy it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

your dream has realized. I look forward to watching .

Trajan

Reaction score
8-8 to 3-13

If this happens, is probably better long term for the team. Get a high draft pick, rebuild the defense, get some FA worth something and make a run in two years. I’d rather have two bad seasons and then be a playoff team, a team who can win a playoff game not just luck into one because the division is so bad, then to be average for another few years. The reckoning always comes, better now then later.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If this happens, is probably better long term for the team. Get a high draft pick, rebuild the defense, get some FA worth something and make a run in two years. I’d rather have two bad seasons and then be a playoff team, a team who can win a playoff game not just luck into one because the division is so bad, then to be average for another few years. The reckoning always comes, better now then later.

I agree sadly, this might have been a good thing. Top 5 pick.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Agree. This defense is clearly not good enough to sniff a playoff win, so I'm less invested in the games and just curious to see what kind of numbers Dalton puts up with these weapons. It will at least help handicap what we saw from Dak through 4.5 games. If Dalton continues Dak's record pace, it might make the FO re-think things.

As I understand it, the defense's problem isn't so much lack of talent as it is an absurdly complex scheme cooked up by Nolan. Kick Nolan out or force him to simplify and things will improve.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Hope so - cheaper price means a better defense and maybe just maybe Dak or any other Cowboy QB won't have to toss the rock 50+ times a game.

I've never liked the idea of a pass happy offense. I remember how much better Romo did when he finally got a stellar running game. He was capable of passing it a lot and making numerous great plays, but it also opened up more risk for terrible plays to happen. And they did, sometimes with a big game on the line. Short-sighted people thought it was because he was a choker, a bad QB, and blah blah blah, but the truth was he was simply more effective with a good running game. Although Dak is a very different style of quarterback, I believe the same thing is true of him. He's at his best when he has a good running game to share the burden with him. I think our chances of becoming a championship team are best via a ball control offense rather than pass happy one.

I'm not happy that Dak got hurt, and I don't think Dalton is a better quarterback. But I do think the team has a chance to win games with Dalton under center. If we find a way to have some defense and a running game, this team can still have a good season. If not, we'll suffer a crash and burn leading to a high draft pick. Then there will be many big questions in the off season, depending on how well Dak's recovery is going.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Get down Cowboy Roy----we are all cut down to size