To some a dream scenario with Dak going down

TwentyOne

Reaction score
-For those that wanted to see what the team would be like under Dalton, you got it
-For the Dak supporters that claimed the team would fall apart without Dak you got it
-For those that wanted a top 5 draft pick, you may have it
-For those that had any hope of getting Dak at a cheaper price, you may get it
-For those that think Zeke can carry this team, you are about to find out

Yay.

Winning season for only 4 mil.
Guess who did it.

Btw i want a #1 pick.
Now i am down because we play a good QB.

Swagger

Reaction score
Just watched the game winning drive again - hugely impressive!

Each key throw was different. Very interesting to see how he gets on even with a mangled o line.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Pressure makes diamonds.
Pressure bursts pipes.

Zeke, Dalton, this defense and our whole coaching staff is now under pressure. Will they rise to the occasion or wither like grapes?

Tune in next week to find out

I think this team and staff will be resilient. This team through misfortune will start believing in itself even more so. It may not always translate into sequential wins but I would be happy seeing competent, competitive growth. If you look at adversity as a surmountable challenge rather than a season death sentence great things can still happen.

Cmac

Reaction score
All the reason why Dak should have got his money......shameful in a lot of ways.

bigE79

Reaction score
Dalton has to prove it vs teams with winning records. Same as Dak had to. So this game was just stat padding.
Hell,if dalton can manage 1 win vs a winning team, he should win Cowboys player of the year, since we've haven't beaten one in forever.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
-For those that wanted to see what the team would be like under Dalton, you got it
-For the Dak supporters that claimed the team would fall apart without Dak you got it
-For those that wanted a top 5 draft pick, you may have it
-For those that had any hope of getting Dak at a cheaper price, you may get it
-For those that think Zeke can carry this team, you are about to find out

So instead of rallying around Dalton and supporting Dallas people choose to bash those who dared to question Dallas resigning Dak to a big contract? Ok.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This was the best thing to happen to us.

I dont wish no player an injury. But this ends any discussion about Dak getting paid.

Lets watch a good QB play with this offense and all discussion will come to an end.
We already faced the 3 worst pass defenses in the league (Seattle, Atlanta, Cleve) so I wouldn't expect many 400 yard games the rest of the season.

That would be true regardless of who was at QB.
Dal thru for for 260 vs the Rams and was heading for about the same vs the Giants.

Just win, baby.

btw, Dak and Dalton are both class acts.
They’ll continue to have each others backs.

Last edited:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
This defense is clearly not good enough to sniff a playoff win,

exactly. so it puts you in a dilemna. every victory you might be able to squeak out weakens your draft equity.

the best thing for our long term would be to find out who you can build around while securing the #1 pick. if Andy balls out, it gives you options of using the pick on Trevor or trading it for a boatload. that boatload could go along ways toward replacing a lot of folks that should never wear the star again.

second best thing would be to at least secure a top 5 pick. not nearly as fruitful as #1 but almost certain that a really good player falls to you and you pick early in every round.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Hope so - cheaper price means a better defense and maybe just maybe Dak or any other Cowboy QB won't have to toss the rock 50+ times a game.

Money is not why our defense is bad at all. Nearly every defensive player on this roster was brought in to play in Marinelli’s system. These guys are not designed for Nolan’s system which requires the DL to be more stout against blocks rather than shooting gaps. Roster turnover and a few good drafts will fix it not gobs of money thrown at free agents.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So instead of rallying around Dalton and supporting Dallas people choose to bash those who dared to question Dallas resigning Dak to a big contract? Ok.
no, he is saying that the Dak bashers may get their day in court......you all wanted dalton. you got it.....let y our excuses begin

Redline360

Reaction score
Granted i wanted Dalton to get some time as I honestly believe with this team we would get nearly identical results. However, not this way. God bless for speedy recovery.

Dak is obviously better than Dalton imo.

If I was Dak I wouldn't come back to the cowboys regardless of injury or not. Go get your payday and play for a real organization. You deserve better