To some a dream scenario with Dak going down

USArmyVet

Reaction score
no, he is saying that the Dak bashers may get their day in court......you all wanted dalton. you got it.....let y our excuses begin

Excuses? Wow, I thought the country was divided over politics but that is nothing compared to this board.

CWR

Reaction score
-For those that wanted to see what the team would be like under Dalton, you got it
-For the Dak supporters that claimed the team would fall apart without Dak you got it
-For those that wanted a top 5 draft pick, you may have it
-For those that had any hope of getting Dak at a cheaper price, you may get it
-For those that think Zeke can carry this team, you are about to find out

I don't believe we fall apart. I just dont think was are as good without him. Fortunately we weren't very good to begin with.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Dalton is a competent QB and kudos to the FO for signing him. In years past with Romo they didn’t do this and seasons were submarined after one hit on Romo.

With that said, the points made by Dak haters and Dak supporters are going to get fleshed out very concisely over the next three months.

If playing QB for this team is as easy and reductionist as the Dak haters say it is, the evidence should be overwhelming.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm not going to get into all these pissing matches .. I am both saddened that Dak got hurt and hopeful that Dalton can keep the train on the tracks. I'm not in the "so and so sucks" business. Dalton is an above average NFL QB.. His QBR was 16.6 yesterday. He is NOT as good as Dak but the Cowboys can win games IF they can tailor the gameplan to his skills which are different than Dak's skills. He is a bus driver type QB who has never averaged more than 270 yards/game in his career. His lifetime completion percentage is 62. The so called "inaccurate" QB is at 66% for his career. People are too stupid for words sometimes. I firmly hope Dalton goes 9-2 and leads this team to the Super Bowl. Even if he does it will do absolutely nothing to change my mind about Dak. Dak is 6 years younger and still improving. Dalton kinda is who he is.. He was signed as insurance against Dak getting hurt.. It's time to collect on that policy.

khiladi

Reaction score
Well Dak-Stan GMs kept telling us how we were Super Bowl bound and our offense is the most dominant we ever had and nobody would be able to stop Dak. They even said our defense would be more dominant, while very few questioned Nolan’s resume, even though Nolan gave McCarthy a job in SF. Philbin is also here via McCarthy. Next you know, I heard about how garbage Cooper was, the guy who saved Dak’s job and so on

jnday

Reaction score
Silver lining is Dallas will definitely pick top 10 now. Defensive difference maker can be had at that spot. Lots of struggles in all phases of the game, especially on defense this year, so this team wasn’t going to do much if they won the East.
It looked like Dallas was headed towards a top ten pick when Dak was healthy. Dalton has already won as many games as Dak, so it is a mute point. Let’s not pretend that Dak was going to lead this team into a deep playoff run and now those hopes are gone. This defense stinks and the offense was wildly inconsistent. If anything, Dalton may help with his veteran play.

khiladi

Reaction score
It looked like Dallas was headed towards a top ten pick when Dak was healthy. Dalton has already won as many games as Dak, so it is a mute point. Let’s not pretend that Dak was going to lead this team into a deep playoff run and now those hopes are gone. This defense stinks and the offense was wildly inconsistent. If anything, Dalton may help with his veteran play.

Every analyst has started to say that Zeke has been an after-thought in this offense and the team needs to stop IGNORING the run game and run the ball to help the defense out. Romo consistently pointed it out and his fellow broadcasters like Dungy have started saying the sane thing, as well as using words like “empty calories” for Dak.

Even Moore went to it after the offense was floundering around against this garbage Giants team.

This is the best thing that happened from a purely football perspective in reality, as far as getting Dallas back to its real identity offensively.

They all know...

jnday

Reaction score
Oh yeah?

And what happens when the defense gives up TD's every time the opposition touches the ball and Dalton is down 24 points in the blink of an eye? What's he gonna do? Hand the ball to Zeke? Great stuff.

This defense can't stop a middle school girl's choir.

Dak did his best to keep his team in the game and took chances he wouldn't take under normal circumstances. And you say that's bad QB play.

Ok. I want to see how Dalton plays next time the team is down 41-14. Then we'll see how great the QB play will be then
Any QB will look good when the defense is lax during garbage time. Dalton looked very good when leading the game winning drive. Dalton may actually play well enough where the offense doesn’t disappear for half of the game and opposing teams can’t run up these huge leads.

jnday

Reaction score
We'll have the same record with Dalton, this is a 7-9 team.
7-9 might be wishful thinking. A big failure from Atlanta’s special teams was the only reason why Dallas had won one game until Dalton led the game winning drive yesterday.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't know about a dream scenario. I don't think this team is getting a top 5 pick with Dalton........that pick is going to be rather mediocre.

Reaction score
Any QB will look good when the defense is lax during garbage time. Dalton looked very good when leading the game winning drive. Dalton may actually play well enough where the offense doesn’t disappear for half of the game and opposing teams can’t run up these huge leads.
I think Dalton will be fine. I have no issues about him.

But this is the worst defense I've ever seen. EVER. They handed a horrible Giants offense 27 points when thry were averaging half of that. He's not going to win with this defense. Nobody can. Not even Mahomes. We saw that yesterday.

About thay last drive: if Dak made those throws he would have been trashed as so inaccurate that Gallup had to turn himself into a pretzel to catch them. Then if the kicked is missed he would have been trashed further as just more garbage stats.

jnday

Reaction score
Dalton is a competent QB and kudos to the FO for signing him. In years past with Romo they didn’t do this and seasons were submarined after one hit on Romo.

With that said, the points made by Dak haters and Dak supporters are going to get fleshed out very concisely over the next three months.

If playing QB for this team is as easy and reductionist as the Dak haters say it is, the evidence should be overwhelming.
Dalton’s game winning drive was very nice and it was just a taste of how another QB can play with this WR talent. The small differences in play from the veteran was nice to see.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Dalton’s game winning drive was very nice and it was just a taste of how another QB can play with this WR talent. The small differences in play from the veteran was nice to see.

We will see. If playing QB was as easy as you guys continually say then we’d have a lot more Tom Brady’s and Aaron Rodgers in the league over the last 50 years than we have actually seen.

As it is, this argument that “playing QB in the NFL is as easy as baking cookies” is a poor strawman argument used to bash Dak’s accomplishments. With this strawman everything positive Dak does could be waved away with contempt and all the focus could be lasered on his mistakes.

When Dalton ***** up, and he will, you guys will be throwing rose petals at his feet in the midst of your excuse making, whereas when Dak made a mistake you were throwing hammers. We saw this yesterday with the fumble and the should have been pick 6. Dak does those two things, even with a game winning drive, you would eviscerate him as a bum. For example, none of you gave him an ounce of credit for the ATL win and yet Dalton blowing a lead with a fumble isn’t brought up. Wonder why?

Last edited: