To the Jerry haters?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well lets see...

- Yes no cap and no real free agency but for Plan B which were really no name players so its not like you insinuated - that they could just buy players.

- You bring up depth, what advantage did Jerrys' money have with that, that other teams didn't have?

- Yes they TRADED for Haley something many teams could have done.

- You mentioned Jerry paid top dollar to keep -players... Yes like most all teams did, do you think other teams didn't have to pay their stars?
There was no real free agency so players didn't have that much power, the only thing they could do was sit out which is what ES did.
He played it smart, coming off a SB win and rushing title, Boys going for back to back SBs...then the Boys losing their first 2 games, he had Jerry by the cojones. Any owner in that situation pays Emmitt.

- As far as the coaches - Norv was there for just 3 years (91-93). Dave Wannstedt came with Jimmy in 89 and was almost gone after the first SB win, but Bill Cowher beat him out for the Pitt job, it wasn't Jerrys' money, cause the very next year he left for the Chicago job.
full advantage its why the marlins and most small market teams play money ball while LA and NY buy all the great players..that why//tooo too easy..ther are cheapo owners who dont spend the budget when theres no cap nor flex cap, happens all over sports,,jerry never been cheap..

without Jerry buying the team nothing else after matters or counts..got it yet cant change the order on how the team was purchased and who hired the coach that seemingly is getting all the credit..money and ownership brought the first piece in was Jerry, all jerry.

what happens after is MOOT if that action did not happen..

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well lets see...

- Yes no cap and no real free agency but for Plan B which were really no name players so its not like you insinuated - that they could just buy players.

- You bring up depth, what advantage did Jerrys' money have with that, that other teams didn't have?

- Yes they TRADED for Haley something many teams could have done.

- You mentioned Jerry paid top dollar to keep -players... Yes like most all teams did, do you think other teams didn't have to pay their stars?
There was no real free agency so players didn't have that much power, the only thing they could do was sit out which is what ES did.
He played it smart, coming off a SB win and rushing title, Boys going for back to back SBs...then the Boys losing their first 2 games, he had Jerry by the cojones. Any owner in that situation pays Emmitt.

- As far as the coaches - Norv was there for just 3 years (91-93). Dave Wannstedt came with Jimmy in 89 and was almost gone after the first SB win, but Bill Cowher beat him out for the Pitt job, it wasn't Jerrys' money, cause the very next year he left for the Chicago job.
So, what's your point?

catiii

Reaction score
And who fired him after back to back Super Bowl wins?
Don't misunderstand me, I respect Jimmy as a coach.....I appreciate what he did as our coach.....he couldn't work for the man that made him very wealthy. He left....

He quit, he wasn't fired.

DIrector: "I QUIT!!"
Larry: "YOU CAN'T QUIT!!"
Director: "AND WHY NOT??
Mo: "BECAUSE YOUR FIRED!!"
Curly: "YOU CAN'T FIRE HIM!!"
Mo: "WHY NOT???"
Curly: "HE QUIT!!"
---Three Stooges genius:D:laugh:
Just a bit of comic relief :rolleyes:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I was raised to work and respect my boss.....I was also taught by my father to move on, if I didn't respect my boss. When I became a boss, I fired 26 people in 4 weeks, that's very tough to do, but I hired 26 people to replace them. I respect Jerry, he won us 3 titles, it's not easy to win championships.....some people are very spoiled and have no clue. I wonder how many of you work for a boss that you don't respect? I never did.....
I do not hate Jerry and he is not my Boss. I am not a fan of Jerry's, I am a Client and with that comes expectations.

Not sure how you make such a resounding correlation between something that happed a quarter century ago and being spoiled today. I wonder how many of today's Cowboys fans even watched a live performance of the Cowboys in a Championship game. The 90s were great and the 70s were great as a Cowboys fan. Nothing wrong with wanting to experience that level of success again as a fan. We certainly can see the other franchises in league who are perennial contenders.

Nothing wrong with a fan wanting his team to be a worthy competitor for a championship. I get it, some are over the top with their criticisms and rhetoric, but that's all a part of the holistic experience. Jerry has done good things and Jerry has &@^% the bed as the Cowboys GM, it is what it is.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I was raised to work and respect my boss.....I was also taught by my father to move on, if I didn't respect my boss. When I became a boss, I fired 26 people in 4 weeks, that's very tough to do, but I hired 26 people to replace them. I respect Jerry, he won us 3 titles, it's not easy to win championships.....some people are very spoiled and have no clue. I wonder how many of you work for a boss that you don't respect? I never did.....
not really sure who this post is directed to, but Jerry isn't my boss and doubt he is anyone's boss here atleast that I know of so that pretty much means nothing to what we feel about him. But if you want to talk about work ethics, sure when you are hired to do a job, you are expected to perform at/above a satisfactory level. If not, then you move on. That also works in reverse too, your boss is expected to treat you with respect as wel because for one, you are a human being, and two they do pay money for you and you do the work, so....
Personally, I have a boss who is just a guy who yells all the time, and is just a miserable person so as long as they keep depositing my checks every week, I do my job well and treat him like a boss - I listen when it is strictly work, and ignore him the entire rest of the day. And yes, I have gotten back in his face a time or two. That's respect :)

Anyways, Jerry will pay the money and do what he THINKS he needs to do for this team so for that he may be a good owner, but not really a good GM. And us fans, as paying customers and like we say about any other brand out there, can say whatever we want hate or love.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
full advantage its why the marlins and most small market teams play money ball while LA and NY buy all the great players..that why//tooo too easy..ther are cheapo owners who dont spend the budget when theres no cap nor flex cap, happens all over sports,,jerry never been cheap..
I agree with your statement (except first 2 words) but what does that have to do with the way things were in the NFL in the early 90s.
Its not like small market teams weren't spending their money and letting players sit out a year and become free agents and here come the big market teams like Cowboys and Giants to sweep them up.
So no Jerry's money didn't give the Cowboys any advantage over other teams in player acquisition.

without Jerry buying the team nothing else after matters or counts..got it yet cant change the order on how the team was purchased and who hired the coach that seemingly is getting all the credit..money and ownership brought the first piece in was Jerry, all jerry.

what happens after is MOOT if that action did not happen..
Yes Jerry gets 100% credit for hiring Jimmy and having the money to keep the team going, full stop, great job.

Now there is an expression "stay in your lane" thats where Jerry went wrong.

He's a business man that knows how to make money - GREAT "stay in your lane", he didn't have to name himself GM - especially when he wasn't qualified for the job.

He tried and for the last 25 years, its safe to say its a failed experiment - hire a GM not named Jones.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Jerry is an amazing Owner. Just a horrible GM. He’ll never acknowledge that. That’s always been the sentiment in DFW.

Such an odd post? You on Jerry’s payroll or something?

Hadenough

Reaction score
I have extreme respect for Jerry as a business man. I am a small business owner and have had to dealt with employees and learned you have to separate friendships from business. Jerry the GM tries to mix all that. I'm sure Jerry has other company's that he owns and pays people to run. But the Cowboys he totally runs like a small mom and pop business. His interactions and meddling have turned this proud contender into a pretender. Jimmy had more to do with winning those SBs than Jerry did even though Jerry hired Jimmy. That's because Jerry needed a guy like that. Jerry since has learned just enough to think he can run the show. He's wearing too many hats. You watch all these other football teams and those owners are seen in the owners box and that's it. You didn't see them hardly at all in the media or on the sidelines. Your a 100% correct at how hard it is to win at the higher levels of competition and that's Jerry's refusal to hire a real solid head coach that has his own ideas handicaps this team. Jerry is always looking for someone he can control that won't mind his input. Jerry's friendship with players giving the stars the ability to feel like they are special and above other players is a terrible thing too.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They are egoistic and need to know their place. I had a boss that wanted to meddle with my program, I would listen to him and then explain why I wouldn't do what he asked....he respected it and it was over. He paid me a lot of money for a Texas HS football coach and I felt I owed him respect......I ran my program my way and I didn't cry about it.

Last edited:

cowboysfan99

Reaction score

Jerry isn't my boss. I'm not his employee. I'm a consumer and he is the owner of a franchise that's been selling me a shoddy product for 25 years.

Last edited:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Which Jerry Jones Grandchild is this?

It is not about Respect. It is about Facts:
  1. With Jerry or not Cowboys hire Jimmy Johnson as HC, draft Troy Aikman, sign Jay Novacek, build the great Wall of Dallas, draft Larry Allen, and makes the trade for Emmitt Smith. All of these things were in place or done by someone with the Landry, Schramm, and Gil Brandt connection.
  2. Cowboys would not have had a +25 year drought out of the NFC Championship game. See Dallas Cowboy history and expectation. Today fans are saying the Cowboys go to the Super Bowl with a 16 rank defense and are happy with a wild card berth.
  3. Cowboys losing $1M per month was either not the truth, an easy fix, or a big exaggeration. Cowboys were sold by Murchison because of bad health and was sold for more ROI percentage gain than what Jerry purchased the team. Bum Bright financial problems were with his S&L holdings and not the Dallas Cowboys that is why the Federal Government took part ownership in his only profitable asset, the Dallas Cowboys. The Federal Government sold Jerry back their investment. So it was profitable.
People forget how much winning Super Bowls, NFC championships, appearing in NFC Championship games, and winning Division Titles the Dallas Cowboys annually won after starting as a expansion franchise. After the expansion franchise years Landry, Tex, and Gil Brandt only had 3 losing seasons (1986-1988). People forget the money the Dallas Cowboys made the NFL before Jerry with the NFL Merger Deal, and TV deals (see Tex Schramm in the HOF). The Cowboys 1st President and GM is responsible for the today's NFL being the NFL.

Jerry Jones is a great business man but winning in the NFL has been mediocre. Mediocre was not a Dallas Cowboys expectation. Since football is a business, he has my respect. Since winning football is an established expectation of the Dallas Cowboys, he does not deserve the respect he gets.

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which Jerry Jones Grandchild is this?

It is not about Respect. It is about Facts:
  1. With Jerry or not Cowboys hire Jimmy Johnson as HC, draft Troy Aikman, sign Jay Novacek, build the great Wall of Dallas, draft Larry Allen, and makes the trade for Emmitt Smith. All of these things were in place or done by someone with the Landry, Schramm, and Gil Brandt connection.
  2. Cowboys would not have had a +25 year drought out of the NFC Championship game. See Dallas Cowboy history and expectation. Today fans are saying the Cowboys go to the Super Bowl with a 16 rank defense and are happy with a wild card berth.
  3. Cowboys losing $1M per month was either not the truth, an easy fix, or a big exaggeration. Cowboys were sold by Murchison because of bad health and was sold for more ROI percentage gain than what Jerry purchased the team. Bum Bright financial problems were with his S&L holdings and not the Dallas Cowboys that is why the Federal Government took part ownership in his only profitable asset, the Dallas Cowboys. The Federal Government sold Jerry back their investment. So it was profitable.
People forget how much winning Super Bowls, NFC championships, appearing in NFC Championship games, and winning Division Titles the Dallas Cowboys annually won after starting as a expansion franchise. After the expansion franchise years Landry, Tex, and Gil Brandt only had 3 losing seasons (1986-1988). People forget the money the Dallas Cowboys made the NFL before Jerry with the NFL Merger Deal, and TV deals (see Tex Schramm in the HOF). The Cowboys 1st President and GM is responsible for the today's NFL being the NFL.

Jerry Jones is a great business man but winning in the NFL has been mediocre. Mediocre was not a Dallas Cowboys expectation. Since football is a business, he has my respect. Since winning football is an established expectation of the Dallas Cowboys, he does not deserve the respect he gets.

3 SB wins is mediocrity? Did Jimmy hire himself?