To those saying Dak should accept a $15 mil/season team friendly deal like Tom Brady

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yeah uh huh whatever you say.....
*ya know that's fixin' to be uploaded to yer' profile as going into the "Copy" catagory ,right?,,, are you sure? Click 'yes'/'no',,,er,,,nowo_O

*look ,,,truth be told& the obtaining of players services were in the "no-limit" bidding range, I could care less in who& how much player x secures for themselves, tho, the imbalance in monied powerhouse teams vs. Plugged mule brokedick teams would prove to be of a preposterous concept
( imo , ya know?) I'll stop commenting on yer' posts &you as well likewise mine & we'll both be a couple of happy clams residing on the same sandbar bro.:thumbup:

Proof

Reaction score
Maybe my math is bad, but how does 32 + 30 = 70?

Wood

Reaction score
Oh wait...

:popcorn:

Personally, I think there is too much risk to signs Dak right now to massive deal. Its early but that offense looked lost without Zeke. Thats the risk if they pay him 30+ million year and he is bottom third QB without Zeke. Will ruffle few feathers but I would let Dak & Zeke play out the season with no extensions until next off-season.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I'm not going to say he's Tom Brady, but it would be hard to name 15 better QBs playing right now.
Not really. Nor would it be difficult to name quite a few more who would likely have done just as well if not better with the same circumstances.

Proof

Reaction score
Not really. Nor would it be difficult to name quite a few more who would likely have done just as well if not better with the same circumstances.

im a dak fan, but we see lists regularly with 12-15 guys listed above him

BlueStar22

Reaction score
15 million is about right for Dak. That's nearly top end backup (which is what Dak is) money these days. And top end backups are basically on par (and better in some cases) with the bottom half of starters.
The dumbest fans in the NFL...

plymkr

Reaction score
Dak or Zeke wouldn’t ever follow suit because they’re both too selfish.

Unfortunately, I don’t see this team ever winning a SB with either of them...

Dak really should have shut up with that whole everyone can get theirs BS.. He needs to focus on throwing for more than 25 TDs in a year..

Dak better play like a top 5 QB next year or the hate will be unbelievable. Well, understandable, I guess.
I'm a big fan of Dak but I don't think he's a 30 million a year player. We're going to lose Jaylon, byron, and that rookie lb that just hot married when they're contracts are up cuz we'll be paying Dak, Coop, and Zeke top dollar. Out of the 3 I trust Cooper the most on the field and off the field. Dak can't do it on the field for top dollar and Zeke can't be trusted off the field for top dollar. Sucks

Them

Reaction score
...really... only $15 mil?!...lol...fine....as long as they also pay him retroactive $15 mil for each of the last 3 years years...immediately.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Uhhh, you fail to understand what the contract actually means. Brady was already scheduled to get paid $15 million for this season. He just signed a 2 year / $70 million contract extension which pays him an average of $35 million/season in 2020 and 2021. They were able to make it a little more cap friendly by adding $8 million to this year's current contract, thus increasing this year's salary from $15 mil to $23 mil, which allowed the team to lower the hit next year from $35 mil to $30 mil...and 2021's cap hit from $35 mil to $32 mil.
Technically he's getting a raise and getting the money he deserves on the backend of his career. Good for him he's padding his stats and his wallet on the way out.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2: Dak’s worth 30mil per year easy and has the stats to prove it.:lmao2::lmao::thumbdown:

Why don't you pay him then!
Get your Dak buddies here in the CZ and pool your cash and pay the Dak man cause it's looking unlikely that Jerry is giving him 30 million + anytime soon.:omg:

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Why don't you pay him then!
Get your Dak buddies here in the CZ and pool your cash and pay the Dak man cause it's looking unlikely that Jerry is giving him 30 million + anytime soon.:omg:
Around 30 is where the market is for a franchise QB per Wentz contract. All you guys that want Dak to taken 15 and "be happy" are insane. Yall should take half the market pay in your field also...

Hadenough

Reaction score
6 sb rings what 9 appearances, headed to HOF been underpaid his whole career..mic drop ,no appearences not even close and yes dak should take 29per year it Texas less taxes cheaper real estate, more endorsements..yes he definitely should..if he wants zeke and Amari together for a while with him..yes he should take less..
The voice of reason!!

Hadenough

Reaction score
Just look at these contracts to see where the neighborhood is for Dak.

Foles to Flacco range about 22 million a year is a good slot for Dak and a 14-15th ranked passer.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/quarterback/
I took a look at this list and there are 6 QBs making 30 mil +. I dont where everyone comes up with 30 mil being the norm. Then you have another tier of QBs that are over paid in Garappolo, Stafford, Carr. Just because some desperate teams made a mistake doesnt mean the Cowboys should follow the same pattern. People are so desperate to see Dak get signed just because great QBs are hard to find. But dont mistake Dak for great. He is a slightly above avg QB who gets by more on his intangibles and improvising than his arm. In my opinon Dak should be paid in that Foles, Alex Smith, range of 22-24 mil.