Today In Strangeness

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Cavs will repeat the same fashion as last year....to win it! One down....
th
I was surfing/clicking channels last night and saw Le' Bron drive to hoop and hook it back to a dude that connected on a 35' footer,, then resumed surfing.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
In W.W.ll the ratio of combat deaths to wounded was 1:3 today that number is 1:7 due to advancements in helmet/ body armor technology/ quicker medical response.

(War! In mankind's D.N.A since Cain slew Able,,,)

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I was surfing/clicking channels last night and saw Le' Bron drive to hoop and hook it back to a dude that connected on a 35' footer,, then resumed surfing.
OMG, I was doing the same and seen the same lol. Then I seen Lebron take the ball all himself, bounce it off the backboard, and SLAMMED dunked it. The man is unbelievable and fun to watch.

Them

Reaction score
Today in Strangeness: June 12th...

On today's date in 1923, Harry Houdini freed himself from a straitjacket while suspended upside down 40 feet above a crowd in New York City. It was on June 12, 1957 that Monsanto opened its House of the Future at Disneyland. The striking structure had four wings elevated on a central pedestal, and a giant (non-working) wall mounted TV set.
p7BuuVk.jpg

...also...

NC Town Embraces Bigfoot:

A small town in North Carolina has turned to an unlikely icon in an effort to 'rebrand' their community: Bigfoot. Nestled in the heart of the Uwharrie National Forest, the town of Troy, North Carolina boasts a population of just under 3,500 residents. Hoping to give their community an identity that helps it stand out among other small towns, Troy has adopted Bigfoot as their unofficial mascot.
kCxXT41.jpg

(lol...yeah, Staying on the marked path should keep you safe alright!...)

Them

Reaction score
I see a big face!

This is so cool and I'm glad you've took this on as it will be a daily read for me,I was kicking around the idea of doing this very same thing awhile back calling it
" the big box of trivial trivia"
But knew I wouldn't apply the necessary efforts into it, it would require, but I'll try to help with added input like " in the 18th century fully half of all horses died in transit of the Atlantic voyage from Europe to the states,and those that survived needed 2-3 weeks to recuperate before they could even be ridden"

somebody ought to post those outrageous numbers of all of the 27,000 + multiple loaded muskets collected after the Battle of Gettysburg

...Hey man...good post!..." the big box of trivial trivia" eh!?....That would have worked also!...Feel free to add any input (or research) that you care to...the more the merrier!...TDM
football_trivia_box4OPT.gif

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Egyptian statuette has suddenly began turning itself around in its display case at a UK Museum, but no one is certain as to how or why. It happens slowly throughout the day.
A time lapse video of the statuette turning around was uploaded to YouTube.
Video: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...11D08A92A52B231D10C911D08A92A52B231&FORM=VIRE
"Even eminent television physicist Professor Brian Cox has weighed in on the mystery of Manchester Museum's moving statuette, which dates back to 1800 BC. The 10-inch tall statue of Neb Sanu was discovered in a mummy’s tomb and has been with the Museum for eighty years, but has only recently been noticed moving. Prof Cox, who teaches physics at the city's university, claims the movement is due to the "differential friction". However, Manchester Museum's resident Egyptologist Campbell Price suggested something more sinister, an Egyptian curse. "I noticed one day that it had turned around. I thought it was strange because it is in a case and I am the only one who has a key," he explained in an interview with the Manchester Evening News. Differential friction or curse? My guess is the differential friction is the more likely answer of the two, but I suppose it could be something else entirely that no one has thought of yet. Either way, it's bizarre."

Last edited:

Them

Reaction score
Today in Strangeness: June 13th...

On this day in 1927, 750,000 lbs. of confetti showered down on Charles Lindbergh at a ticker tape parade
for him in NYC, celebrating his historic flight across the Atlantic. This was the fateful date in 1922
that Charlie Osborne began the longest recorded attack of hiccups. Osborne hiccuped over 435 million times
until it stopped, just 11 months before his death at age 98 in 1991.
FfPR4d1.jpg

...also...

Our Lady in Ireland:

A strange scene unfolded in Ireland over the weekend as thousands of people flocked to a religious shrine
in the hopes of seeing an appearance by the Virgin Mary. The gathering of more than 2,000 people were drawn
to the village of Knock after a Portuguese teen claimed to have seen the Virgin Mary in the famed town of
Fatima last month. According to the boy's father, he was told by the vision that she would reappear at 3 PM
on June 10th at a shrine to the Virgin Mary in Knock and would bless everyone in attendance.

After word of the teen's experience spread on social media, an enormous amount of people journeyed to Knock
on Saturday hoping to take part in what they thought would be a miraculous moment. Whether they were rewarded for
their faith appears to be a matter of conjecture.
KQVmoiP.jpg

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Today in Strangeness: June 13th...

On this day in 1927, 750,000 lbs. of confetti showered down on Charles Lindbergh at a ticker tape parade
for him in NYC, celebrating his historic flight across the Atlantic. This was the fateful date in 1922
that Charlie Osborne began the longest recorded attack of hiccups. Osborne hiccuped over 435 million times
until it stopped, just 11 months before his death at age 98 in 1991.
FfPR4d1.jpg

...also...

Our Lady in Ireland:

A strange scene unfolded in Ireland over the weekend as thousands of people flocked to a religious shrine
in the hopes of seeing an appearance by the Virgin Mary. The gathering of more than 2,000 people were drawn
to the village of Knock after a Portuguese teen claimed to have seen the Virgin Mary in the famed town of
Fatima last month. According to the boy's father, he was told by the vision that she would reappear at 3 PM
on June 10th at a shrine to the Virgin Mary in Knock and would bless everyone in attendance.

After word of the teen's experience spread on social media, an enormous amount of people journeyed to Knock
on Saturday hoping to take part in what they thought would be a miraculous moment. Whether they were rewarded for
their faith appears to be a matter of conjecture.
KQVmoiP.jpg
IDK about that hiccup thingie gamie. I mean, who was sitting next to Charlie counting all 436 million of them. "Fascinating" :p

Them

Reaction score
IDK about that hiccup thingie gamie. I mean, who was sitting next to Charlie counting all 436 million of them. "Fascinating" :p
...I assume he was timed "hiccupping" for a certain time period !....and there using a accumulative number of some sorts!.....but I actually thought the same as you about it when I first read it!...but I said to myself..."What the heck!"...:cool:

haleyrules

Reaction score
Today in Strangeness: June 12th...

On today's date in 1923, Harry Houdini freed himself from a straitjacket while suspended upside down 40 feet above a crowd in New York City. It was on June 12, 1957 that Monsanto opened its House of the Future at Disneyland. The striking structure had four wings elevated on a central pedestal, and a giant (non-working) wall mounted TV set.
p7BuuVk.jpg

...also...

NC Town Embraces Bigfoot:

A small town in North Carolina has turned to an unlikely icon in an effort to 'rebrand' their community: Bigfoot. Nestled in the heart of the Uwharrie National Forest, the town of Troy, North Carolina boasts a population of just under 3,500 residents. Hoping to give their community an identity that helps it stand out among other small towns, Troy has adopted Bigfoot as their unofficial mascot.
kCxXT41.jpg

(lol...yeah, Staying on the marked path should keep you safe alright!...)
wth. I have never been able to get out of my straight jacket....