Today In Strangeness

Them

Reaction score
On this very day.....Sam was here. o_O

...I'm glad your here....I wanted to inform you that... "I don't like green eggs and ham, Sam I Am!...

oNQ6rfn.jpg

:thumbdown:

Them

Reaction score
spacer.gif

Today in Strangeness: June 14th...

On this day in 1954, America undertook its first nationwide civil defense test, with 12 million people "dying" in a mock nuclear attack. Don't forget to Duck and Cover!
4hgDoPS.jpg

...also...

"I see stupid people, and they don't even know they're stupid,
and they're Everywhere!"

An ambitious group of Flat Earth researchers hope that an electronic
billboard in Philadelphia can cause some drivers to reconsider the shape
of the planet. The 'Infinite Plane Society' purchased ad space along Pennsylvania's
Schuylkill Expressway in the form of a billboard which declares "Research Flat Earth."
Their hope is that the message will resonate with people who had never considered that
the Earth may not be round or, at the very least, inspire them to investigate the possibility.
qrbqjGW.jpg

Them

Reaction score
...Today in Strangeness: June 15th...

On this date in 1878, Eadweard Muybridge used a series of cameras set on trip wires to film a running horse . Legend has it that his goal was to win a bet over whether or not horses had all four feet up at some point during their gait. His ingenious solution to this wager is credited as being the birth of the motion picture industry.
5PlEceu.jpg

...also...

spacer.gif

Two-Headed Porpoise Find is a First:

A group of fishermen in the Netherlands made a historic catch when they pulled in their net and discovered that it contained a two-headed porpoise. To call the remarkable creature rare would be an understatement as it is actually the first time that such a porpoise has ever been found and is just the 10th known case of partial twinning seen in cetaceans. Unfortunately for scientists who may have wanted to examine the creature, the fishermen actually threw it back because they were worried about getting in trouble if they kept it!
TwoHeadedPorpouseNL.jpg

Them

Reaction score
...Today in Strangeness: June 16th...

On this day in 1959, TV's Superman, George Reeves was found dead in an apparent suicide.
It was to be the start of the urban legend known as the Superman Curse . On June 16, 1963,
cosmonaut Valentina Tereshkova became the first woman in space.
bHsWJer.jpg

...also...

Bigfoot Prints Found in Texas?

A trio of curious footprints found in the parks of a Texas city has some residents
wondering if there may be a Bigfoot in their midst. The Parks and Recreation Department
for the city of Red Rock posted three photos of the odd impressions to their Facebook
page a few days ago and claimed that "our Park Ranger surveillance has captured strange
footprints at various parks and trails in the area."
AS5VR14.jpg

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
...I assume he was timed "hiccupping" for a certain time period !....and there using a accumulative number of some sorts!.....but I actually thought the same as you about it when I first read it!...but I said to myself..."What the heck!"...:cool:
I'd prolly have dropped an anvil on my toe ,,, anything to have shocked that insane monkey off my back, that is beyond bizarre in insanity to have suffered in such a manner,,, sheese or maybe even tried to breathe underwater ,,,that's crazy.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
...Today in Strangeness: June 15th...

On this date in 1878, Eadweard Muybridge used a series of cameras set on trip wires to film a running horse . Legend has it that his goal was to win a bet over whether or not horses had all four feet up at some point during their gait. His ingenious solution to this wager is credited as being the birth of the motion picture industry.
5PlEceu.jpg

...also...

spacer.gif

Two-Headed Porpoise Find is a First:

A group of fishermen in the Netherlands made a historic catch when they pulled in their net and discovered that it contained a two-headed porpoise. To call the remarkable creature rare would be an understatement as it is actually the first time that such a porpoise has ever been found and is just the 10th known case of partial twinning seen in cetaceans. Unfortunately for scientists who may have wanted to examine the creature, the fishermen actually threw it back because they were worried about getting in trouble if they kept it!
TwoHeadedPorpouseNL.jpg
Man! I saw that running horse filmed on a ' death valley days' episode a couple weeks back/ it was all about a bet ,too!

Melonfeud

Reaction score
...I'm glad your here....I wanted to inform you that... "I don't like green eggs and ham, Sam I Am!...

oNQ6rfn.jpg

:thumbdown:
I had a road island red hen that laid green eggs!,, another laid double yolkers too!:lmao2:
Now,eating green ham? ,,, it's not for everyone, but I'm no worse for wear after having done so.
( I've batched a few times in my life:lmao2:)

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
shocked_dog.gif
April 1, 1992 — Toyota introduces the Qure, a new sedan that runs on bacon grease. It is expected to cause a sensation but ends up failing miserably when motorists realize that, while it is fuel efficient, they gain an average of 5 pounds per week trying to keep the tank full. The Qure is discontinued and pulled from the market six months after it is introduced.

Last edited:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Yellowstone has about 1500-2000 earthquakes per year, about half come in swarms, a bunch located in a Small area quickly.
( it's on the drudge report, now.)