Todd Archer - Dan Quinn will be the first domino to fall

Sydla

Reaction score
Add to the list Dez and Coop..............
LOL. Cooper had other issues that had nothing to do with Dak.

:hammer:DQ is nothing more than the latest coaching body burned on Dak's altar.

Dan, tell Linehan, Kellen and the others that Mike will be on his way to join you soon. LOL
Yes, the DC was made a sacrifical lamb for Dak. I think the Dak era needs to end but some of you have the silliest takes.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Yes, the DC was made a sacrifical lamb for Dak. I think the Dak era needs to end but some of you have the silliest takes.
Have you been reading this forum the past 36 hours?

There are tons of people proclaiming that "our offense scored over 30 points, but it was the defense that failed"
Media is floating Belichick to Dallas stories as they already know how this is going to play out. Dak is going to get a huge bag, and the coaches and probably a few players are going to take the fall.

The handwriting is on the wall, clear as day.
I'm just acknowledging what my eyes are seeing.

khiladi

Reaction score
I don’t think there are any Dak fanboys left. He is what he is. A good QB that can be great but gets the yips in big games. He also needs help and that defense on Sunday was pathetic. Dak is 30. He is what he is. If they don’t extend Dak the cap is going to be a huge issue. If they do extend Dak the fan base is going to be mostly ticked off. If they cut him it will be an unprecedented disaster. I don’t think he can be traded. The situation is not good at all.
I think Denver has given the league a precedent in such situations.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Huh?

Beasley took a better offer in FA. What's that got to do with Dak?
he criticized Dak and his days were numbered at that point.

he took an offer and left because he knew how it was going to go down here, once he had said something negative about Dak in the media.

75boyz

Reaction score
As for comparing bottom line results of the 3 you gotta say there was extreme defensive improvement during Quinn's tenure based off what he inherited from Nolan.

As for McCarthys success all you can say is he consistently wins more regular season games than Garrett. He still sucks as a post season coach just like Garrett did.

Dak peaked his rookie year as a then extremely mobile dual threat QB and effective play action passer. Has shown he can consistently beat the divisional teams but has problems against above .500 opponents and on the road teams. And again, like McCarthy, is very poor against playoff competition.
It seems that at this point Linehan, Garrett, Moore or McCarthy did not fix him enough to win playoff games.

5th times the charm I guess.
LOL

Creeper

Reaction score
Quinn has to go. I think he got a lot of credit for the Cowboys defense but much of it was the quality of talent on the Cowboys roster. His defense against the Packers was awful. They looked like the keystone cops in coverage. So many receivers left uncovered all game handed the Packers momentum and points. The offense was bad, but the defense was worse in my opinion.

I would like to see the Cowboys get bigger and stronger up front and at LB. I would like to see them go back to 3 traditional LBs. Enough of these hybrid safeties. The Packers were taking advantage of the Cowboys size issues the entire game. They have talent at CB and Safety. If they can get stronger in the front 7, they will be much better off.

Ditch Quinn. I would interview Al Harris for sure. I would get his thoughts on defense. But I would also look at assistants who work for teams with traditionally good defenses, like SF, Baltimore and Pittsburgh. I am curious if Baltimore has someone on their staff that can be promoted into a DC role. One thing I do want is a coach who has his defense ready to play, confident, and plays as a team instead of 11 guys looking for awards and acclaim.

visionary

Reaction score
Quinn was excellent but his scheme got figured out. He refused to adjust and that was my problem with him. Go get Wink.
My problem with Wink is that i think John Harbaugh is a heck of a HC and he got rid of him

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our owner does not make decisions like the leader of an organization committed first and foremost to winning championships.

Until people understand this, there will continue to be wasting time on unending speculation about what great new head coach could come in here and lead this team to playoff glory. Because sadly, our owner does not think that way.

blueblood70

Reaction score

@toddarcher spoke with @RobThompsonESPN and @rjochoa on “R & R in the Morning” about the future of Dan Quinn in Dallas and what gets resolved first—Quinn’s situation, McCarthy’s job or Dak Prescott getting a new contract:

“Dan Quinn will be the first domino to fall because I largely think he’s gonna get one of these jobs that he’s interviewing for this week going forward…I don’t believe he’ll be the defensive coordinator here with the Cowboys in 2024.”

good hurry this up will be easier for JJ to move from MM knowing DQ is not an option and is gone!

khiladi

Reaction score
I think three things need to happen if this team is serious about winning a championship:

1. Trade Prescott. Let someone else pay him $50 mil.
2. Fire McCarthy and hire a young, offensive-minded HC (Ben Johnson)
3. Make Will McClay the team's official GM. He's the most important person in the organization.
Texans OC will be a hot commodity this off-season. But it helps when your QB is Stroud..

Sydla

Reaction score
Have you been reading this forum the past 36 hours?

There are tons of people proclaiming that "our offense scored over 30 points, but it was the defense that failed"
Media is floating Belichick to Dallas stories as they already know how this is going to play out. Dak is going to get a huge bag, and the coaches and probably a few players are going to take the fall.

The handwriting is on the wall, clear as day.
I'm just acknowledging what my eyes are seeing.
Offense scored points because the Packers were in basic prevent for much of the second half.

Dak stunk. Quinn stunk. One has nothing to do with the other. Quinn isn't being made a sacrificial lamb for Dak.

Sydla

Reaction score
he criticized Dak and his days were numbered at that point.

he took an offer and left because he knew how it was going to go down here, once he had said something negative about Dak in the media.

He took the big pay day. You guys are trying too hard to blame everything on Dak.

CWR

Reaction score
Isn’t he not under contract anymore?
Actually I think yall are right. In my fit of rage I overlooked that fact. My bad.

I'm just frustrated with the knowledge we may do nothing at all at HC and keep letting these clown players party plan instead of being relevant.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think three things need to happen if this team is serious about winning a championship:

1. Trade Prescott. Let someone else pay him $50 mil.
2. Fire McCarthy and hire a young, offensive-minded HC (Ben Johnson)
3. Make Will McClay the team's official GM. He's the most important person in the organization.
First of all Prescott can't be traded unless he agrees to a trade he hasn't no trade clause he can't be cut because it would damage this team's cap going forward we need to keep him for another year you know why not only for the reasons I just posted because #2 fire Mike McCarthy maybe we should start over but they need a good start here and having a MVP consideration at quarterback who we were talking about he is that good I don't care what the pay is here's a better option don't give him an extension eat that hard cap lesson this coming year that way it gives the new coach time to fix the rest of the team before he grooms the next quarterback which it could be Jay Lance could be a guy we get in the draft or as a free agent bring over here and give them a year for a bridge it's like a gap year in college they need that you can't make a new offensive minded head coach have no quarterback I don't care how good he is without a quarterback you'd be lucky to win eight games I don't care how great you are...

People so fast want to get rid of Prescott this season for 2024 regular season,

they're not thinking straight literally huge cap implications it's called dead cap money and we cannot eat that if we cut it and he can only be traded if he agrees to a trade therefore #3 the new head coach and offensive coordinator is best chance is to have Prescott for one season and have a plan and get that plan enacted before they act on it you know the old saying my dad said don't cut your nose off to spite your face...

Lastly if you didn't watch the game it looked like our defense was playing 11 on seven we looked short four people the defense lost that game this would have been another Seattle game that we barely won at home without punting having to score on every single possession in order to win this game that's a fact I'm not making a big leap because I've seen this defense fail over and over all year can't make stops without turnovers we lost that game Sunday because of the defense not because of Prescott... The money doesn't matter if it costs you an entire year or more trying to find another quarterback...

blueblood70

Reaction score
There still is a lot of talent at positions of importance...rushing and defencing the pass. A ton to work with now.
There is a lot to work with here that's what I was saying on Twitter which is hard to limit my characters but you literally if you focused on fixing the defense up the middle grab a real middle linebacker try to find someone at least on some level like Bobby Wagner or Fred Warner as your number one priority even another defensive lineman and maybe even another linebacker literally focus on getting the defense to the new defensive coordinators parameters we have all the other pieces..

I believe you really wouldn't have to draft anything but maybe a running back for the offense and you can run back this offense as is it's still be successful this coming season without a lot of changes.

it doesn't matter what offensive coordinator comes here if you have the quarterback and you have the resemblance of a solid offensive line you have some receivers you don't really need to make a lot of changes, I mean running back is our only position of strong need on offense, other than resigning a few people and maybe rearranging a few things.

the defense, if we made this a defensive heavy draft especially up the middle we are still right there I know people are saying that they're we're homers or we're drinking the kool-aid, no I see the fact that this defense looks like sometimes we're playing 11 on 7 it's like we're missing four players, it looked like that last Sunday it's looked like that in many of our losses...​
we can't play defense like that with undersized players and trying to play the wrong schemes, teams have seen this and they've decided to challenge Dan Quinn to get out of his defenses and he doesn't he literally just says my ego says we're going to get a turnover and we're going to turn this game around and then it never happens and without a turnover this defense isn't good...​

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Actually I think yall are right. In my fit of rage I overlooked that fact. My bad.

I'm just frustrated with the knowledge we may do nothing at all at HC and keep letting these clown players party plan instead of being relevant.
Brudda we’re all frustrated it’s all good. I think we’re all just eager to see the plan moving forward that’s all.

Reactions: CWR

Merlin

Reaction score
First of all Prescott can't be traded unless he agrees to a trade he hasn't no trade clause he can't be cut because it would damage this team's cap going forward we need to keep him for another year you know why not only for the reasons
Misinformation. Dak can be made a June 1st cut and actually save money. Why would you pay all that money for a QB who has been average at best in the playoffs?

CWR

Reaction score
Brudda we’re all frustrated it’s all good. I think we’re all just eager to see the plan moving forward that’s all.
I mean bro, never in my life can I recall the stars aligning so perfectly and this is how we responded.

It feels like the end of any legitimate attempts with our current construct.

It only frustrates me more thinking Jerry probably doesn't feel the same.

VACowboy

Reaction score
First of all Prescott can't be traded unless he agrees to a trade he hasn't no trade clause he can't be cut because it would damage this team's cap going forward we need to keep him for another year you know why not only for the reasons I just posted because #2 fire Mike McCarthy maybe we should start over but they need a good start here and having a MVP consideration at quarterback who we were talking about he is that good I don't care what the pay is here's a better option don't give him an extension eat that hard cap lesson this coming year that way it gives the new coach time to fix the rest of the team before he grooms the next quarterback which it could be Jay Lance could be a guy we get in the draft or as a free agent bring over here and give them a year for a bridge it's like a gap year in college they need that you can't make a new offensive minded head coach have no quarterback I don't care how good he is without a quarterback you'd be lucky to win eight games I don't care how great you are...

People so fast want to get rid of Prescott this season for 2024 regular season,

they're not thinking straight literally huge cap implications it's called dead cap money and we cannot eat that if we cut it and he can only be traded if he agrees to a trade therefore #3 the new head coach and offensive coordinator is best chance is to have Prescott for one season and have a plan and get that plan enacted before they act on it you know the old saying my dad said don't cut your nose off to spite your face...

Lastly if you didn't watch the game it looked like our defense was playing 11 on seven we looked short four people the defense lost that game this would have been another Seattle game that we barely won at home without punting having to score on every single possession in order to win this game that's a fact I'm not making a big leap because I've seen this defense fail over and over all year can't make stops without turnovers we lost that game Sunday because of the defense not because of Prescott... The money doesn't matter if it costs you an entire year or more trying to find another quarterback...
I didn't realize Dak had a no-trade clause in his contract, but cutting him wouldn't cost the team nearly as much as you think. I'd rather waste a year playing Lance than paying a lame duck $60 mil.