Todd McShay's Mock Draft 1.0

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I would be so pissed off if the Eagles grab Malcolm Kelly (though thats exactly who they need) and I would absolutely choke Jerry Jones if he drafts Manningham with the 22nd pick.

ringmaster

Reaction score
I'm more intrigued with WR James Hardy, Indiana, than Manningham.

What do you guys think?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
texbumthelife;1909352 said:
That is a kid I would love to get as well! I think we may have to trade up in the second to get him though.
Right now, he is considered a 3rd rounder by most of the services. Not that their rankings matter.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
We can give them maybe a Spears and a 2nd round draft pick or maybe Carpenter (who probably fir a 4-3 defense better)

The reason the Lions would do it is they have wr Roy wants out and he is FA next year and would have to franchise him. So they do the get what you can before he leaves

khiladi

Reaction score
Kangaroo;1909402 said:
We can give them maybe a Spears and a 2nd round draft pick or maybe Carpenter (who probably fir a 4-3 defense better)

The reason the Lions would do it is they have wr Roy wants out and he is FA next year and would have to franchise him. So they do the get what you can before he leaves

Not only that, they have two potential Pro-Bowl WRs on thier roster. Roy Williams is expendable to them....

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ringmaster;1909387 said:

What do you guys think?

I would rather take Reggie Smith (CB - OU) with the 22nd pick if Malcolm Kelly is gone. Of course I expect Malcolm Kelly, Aqib Talib, Mike Jenkins, and Kenny Phillips to be gone already.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ringmaster;1909387 said:

What do you guys think?
If he's really 6'7", I say avoid him like the plague.

mboy22

Reaction score
I think most fans on here can agree that CB is priority #1 in this years draft, Reeves was ok, but in the end he just did not get it done, and it seems like Henry is good for the first couple of games, and then he gets hurt through midway of the season and comes back and is never the same, it seems to happen every year, so we need a CB.

I think we need a nice-sized WR to start getting ready for the future with our second pick. I don't know why people keep saying we need a speedster to Replace Terry Glenn, how about getting a big Wide Receiver that can replace Terrell Owens in a couple of years. He does only have one more year on his contract, and plus if Terrell get hurts or even if Terry gets hurt we can plug in that nice sized target for Tony Romo to hit going across the middle. Someone like Adarius Bowman, Limus Sweed, and Malcolm kelly would work just nicely.

In the second round we can get our backup RB there. This draft is so loaded with potential good running backs that surely there will be someone we can get with that second round pick.

conner01

Reaction score
i like hardy
hard to figure were he will go. i've seen mocks of him in the late 1st and the early 2nd.

FCBarca

Reaction score
DWHITE11;1909240 said:
I'd be more than happy with those 2 players

Same here and it appears that WR, CB and RB will likely be the early targets

Manningham definitely has a 'special' quality about him

mboy22

Reaction score
I go to Oklahoma State and we played Indiana in our bowl game in which Hardy was in. Our defense was one of the worst defenses in college football last year and for the most part we shut Hardy down. I don't know that much about Hardy, but in that game he did not have a good day.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
mboy22;1909529 said:
I go to Oklahoma State and we played Indiana in our bowl game in which Hardy was in. Our defense was one of the worst defenses in college football last year and for the most part we shut Hardy down. I don't know that much about Hardy, but in that game he did not have a good day.

So what's the word around campus on Bowman? We know he got in trouble at NC, and I don't know of any big problems since. But what do you hear? Is he an okay guy? Because other than the questionable character, I like him.

mboy22

Reaction score
Bowman has been a great leader on the field and off, and he seems to have cleaned up his act. He is awesome as a player and as a person. I really like him too, I watched him every game at Okstate and too me he will be the best WR in this years class. He has everything you look for in a WR at the next level. He is projected as a 2nd round pick only because of his speed, but not every great WR has great speed. He will be a good one in the NFL.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Prior ot free gency...WR and CB are top needs.

We will likely grab a RB in either round 2 or 3 unless a cheap option falls to us in free agency.

That player will be a part-timer to spell Marion. He doesn't have to be special, just smart enough to block for Romo and willing to run hard in limited touches.

WR:
DeSean Jackson is the one electric guy but is small and will probably be long gone.

Mario is an interesting study. Has some bad drops but also some tough catches and runs good routes. Is an explosive type but not a game breaker.

Early Doucet was banged up but is a guy with good hands and great quickness. Disappears too much but that could partly be because LSU has had so much friggin talent.

All those guys are potential second WRs. There isn't really any elite WR1s in the group.

CB:
Aqib Talib is the real deal. He'll be gone unless he runs slow 40s. I hope he does. Whatever he runs, he plays very fast.

Terrell Thomas is a typical California/Pac 10 type with athleticism galore but you question his heart. He missed a lot of time. I'd have to pass on him in favor of Devin Lowery. Smaller player with lower profile but better production and health.

Justin King is interesting. Small but speedy player. Could be a great fit here as a slot guy. Allow TNew to simply play the best WR on the other team instead of eating the slot guy so often. A supreme improvement in raw athleticism over Jacque Reeves.

RB:

Mike Hart, Kevin Lewis, Steve Slaton, Ray Rice and Jamaal Charles all interest me. Slaton would be wonderful imho.

The three players we select need to be able to help us in the return game in total. Ideally a RB who could return kickoffs and a WR or CB who could return punts. We need to add some occasional scoring punch in the ST. Improving over all team speed is also a good idea. With Terry Glenn and Tyson Thompson both on the shelf we were thin with raw speed.

I have never been a big fan of 40 times but we do need to address team speed in this draft. A guy like Crayton can be wide open, but he is going to get caught from behind. We need explosion and T.O. can't provide it forever.

A late round guy to look at is Danny Amendola. He was Wes Welker's Tech roommate and is the same type of small, tough, quick player with good hands.
Amendola is not as good as Wes, but he would be a solid depth guy who can actually get open and catch passes. He would return punts at least as effectively as Patrick Crayton imho without risking a starter.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
mboy22;1909565 said:
Bowman has been a great leader on the field and off, and he seems to have cleaned up his act. He is awesome as a player and as a person. I really like him too, I watched him every game at Okstate and too me he will be the best WR in this years class. He has everything you look for in a WR at the next level. He is projected as a 2nd round pick only because of his speed, but not every great WR has great speed. He will be a good one in the NFL.
Thanks, man.

If you're right and he's cleaned up his act (and I'm sure you'd have heard if he hadn't), he'd be a great pick. Got to love how physical he is.

giantfan1232

Reaction score
Alright, do you really need another WR when you can get Ocho-Cinco in the offseason? I don't see Manningham as a great NFL talent.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Anyone see the article in the DMN this morning discussing that Marion Barber may be wanted elsewhere and if taken would warrant a 1st round picK? If someone wants to give us a 1st round pick for Barber I say take it. With 3 first round picks we package 2 + second round next year and pick up McFadden. You know Jerry will do it. It would be great to have Romo, McFadden and To. Youd still be able to get a CB in first round and WR in second round, to go along with RW...

ah I love the offseason draft dreams :)

utrunner07

Reaction score
giantfan1232;1909577 said:
Alright, do you really need another WR when you can get Ocho-Cinco in the offseason? I don't see Manningham as a great NFL talent.

No way would I want him...give me RW or a draft pick....I tend to agree with you on Manningham though.

superpunk

Reaction score
utrunner07;1909580 said:
Anyone see the article in the DMN this morning discussing that Marion Barber may be wanted elsewhere and if taken would warrant a 1st round picK? If someone wants to give us a 1st round pick for Barber I say take it. With 3 first round picks we package 2 + second round next year and pick up McFadden. You know Jerry will do it. It would be great to have Romo, McFadden and To. Youd still be able to get a CB in first round and WR in second round, to go along with RW...

ah I love the offseason draft dreams :)

I'm at the point where I don't want to lose Marion at any cost. Do you really want to see him beating the crap out of people in another uniform?

He's proven that he deserves to be a starting back. Depending on what he does next year, we might find out that he's a franchise back, if he can handle the load. No reason to give that up, first and third or not.