Todd McShay's Mock Draft 1.0

utrunner07

Reaction score
superpunk;1909592 said:
I'm at the point where I don't want to lose Marion at any cost. Do you really want to see him beating the crap out of people in another uniform?

He's proven that he deserves to be a starting back. Depending on what he does next year, we might find out that he's a franchise back, if he can handle the load. No reason to give that up, first and third or not.

I am pretty sure he will not be a franchise back, IMO. His running style is too hard for that (although I do love it). I think there was a very good reason he never started before the last game and if you'll notice in the last game in the second half he was not hitting people like in the first. Granted the Oline looked like it left at the half but he still would have normally knocked those guys around. He looked tired from the first half. I think if he is your starter all year by game 10 he is to tired. Now of course this is all speculation but if it turns out I am right you are not going to get that 1st and a 3rd for him...and that would be a huge loss. I think we have seen enough to know that he can not be a season long starter...with a 1st round we can pick up someone that will be.

khiladi

Reaction score
utrunner07;1909606 said:
I am pretty sure he will not be a franchise back, IMO. His running style is too hard for that (although I do love it). I think there was a very good reason he never started before the last game and if you'll notice in the last game in the second half he was not hitting people like in the first. Granted the Oline looked like it left at the half but he still would have normally knocked those guys around. He looked tired from the first half. I think if he is your starter all year by game 10 he is to tired. Now of course this is all speculation but if it turns out I am right you are not going to get that 1st and a 3rd for him...and that would be a huge loss. I think we have seen enough to know that he can not be a season long starter...with a 1st round we can pick up someone that will be.

Can we clone him at least? Don't let anybody know, and switch the two at half-time...

JamaicaRector85

Reaction score
conner01;1909278 said:
i don't see cason dropping out of the 1st rnd.
mckelvin is a very good prospect
my thoughts would be
1a-mckelvin
1b- felix jones

I'm thinking the same thing, but I could see us waiting until the second round to pick our RB. Slaton, Rice, and Jones would be available according to McShay's draft

khiladi

Reaction score
ONe point I think was interesting, that Troy stated, was in the run where Marion broke it for 30 or so yards, if it was Julius Jones, that would have been a TD. While I dispute the JJ point, because the guy is just awful, we do need a RB that is a threat to take it to the house when he touches the ball. Marion can get you yardage upto a certain point, but he isn't the type of back that you have to really pay attention to down-field, because he lacks speed.

I want a RB, where DBs are worried about the RB they are playing against, because they know, once he gets in the open, he's to fast for them to run down. That will allow us more down-field looks.

Marion is a great change-of-pace back, and like you said, he can't carry the load with that style of play for more than 5 years. That is the perfect complement to a McFadden or Felix Jones type of player.

Now that Sparano is gone, and hopefully Houck is in, we can at least get some running lanes, where a back can at least get to the second line of defense where he can use his speed to an advantage.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
utrunner07;1909606 said:

Hard like Earl Campbell or Walter Payton?

He ran the ball 4 freakin times in the 4th. Want to blame someone blame the play caller, ie. Jason Garrett.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1909696 said:

He ran the ball 4 freakin times in the 4th. Want to blame someone blame the play caller, ie. Jason Garrett.

Never saw either of them play....so I don't know. Barber also lacks speed, something I don't think either of those lacked, from what I have heard. Remember how Barber got caught from behind several times this season when most other backs run it to the house? Just saying, if there is a way we ca upgrade from Barber I think now would be the best time to try and do so.

giantfan1232

Reaction score
Also, after watching Ray Rice for a few years in Rutgers and he will not be a great back in the NFL IMO.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1909696 said:

Yup Garrett spit the bit and abandoned a running game that was dominant for three quarters.

Mike Martz, Jr.

Reaction score
I'd be happy with two players... I wouldn't take Manningham however because I believe there are WRs to be had later on in the draft. I would rather see them pick a guy like RB Rashard Mendenhall or Jonathan Stewart.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
SUPER
http://i87.***BLOCKED***/albums/k158/smarta5150/3e882.jpg

I would mess myself. :p::p::p::p::p:

http://i87.***BLOCKED***/albums/k158/smarta5150/umosu.gif

Big Dakota

Reaction score
utrunner07;1909748 said:
Never saw either of them play....so I don't know. Barber also lacks speed, something I don't think either of those lacked, from what I have heard. Remember how Barber got caught from behind several times this season when most other backs run it to the house? Just saying, if there is a way we ca upgrade from Barber I think now would be the best time to try and do so.

Jerry signs Crayton but he won't sign MBIII? OK......

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
As dominant as Dorsey was this year, I doubt Miami takes him. I think Dorsey could adjust to the 3-4, but Parcells almost always goes after bigger players than Dorsey at that position. He's going to want a guy that is at least 6'4" tall and 300 pounds. I think he's itching to trade down and acquire picks. Of course Parcells is not the final decision maker thought (winkwink)

YAKUZA

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
theogt;1909963 said:
Me too. Every time he dropped a pass.

Braylon Edwards had the same "problem" as Mannigham had in college too.

I bet all those Brown fans hate having him :rolleyes:

Big Dakota

Reaction score
smarta5150;1910007 said:
Braylon Edwards had the same "problem" as Mannigham had in college too.

I bet all those Brown fans hate having him :rolleyes:

I'm not against MM in the 2nd, but no way he should be taken in the 1st.