Todd McShay's Mock Draft 1.0

utrunner07

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1909992 said:
Jerry signs Crayton but he won't sign MBIII? OK......

I am pretty sure Jerry is regretting signing him now...don't think he is going to be to eager to sign anyone unless they are completely proven....

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care who we get where... as long as we get good value. I don't want a "2nd rounder" taken in the first round just because "we have too".

CB
RB
WR

We need to come away from the first day of the draft with those positions covered-- just no reaches. Take whoever has the highest grade that fills one of those needs.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1910023 said:
I don't care who we get where... as long as we get good value. I don't want a "2nd rounder" taken in the first round just because "we have too".

CB
RB
WR

We need to come away from the first day of the draft with those positions covered-- just no reaches. Take whoever has the highest grade that fills one of those needs.

That shouldn't happen. Not if we go CB or RB anyway. This draft is loaded with top 30 players at those possitions.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1910020 said:
I'm not against MM in the 2nd, but no way he should be taken in the 1st.

I think others might agree with you but the Combine could sway some of you non-"believers" ;)

But hey, if he's a bust in the NFL everyone can laugh at me, won't be the 1st time.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
utrunner07;1910022 said:
I am pretty sure Jerry is regretting signing him now...don't think he is going to be to eager to sign anyone unless they are completely proven....

He will sign MBIII because he's a hell of a player.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i would puke if the skins got Limas Sweed.......i hope the Titans draft him instead.

i would love to have our first day be this.....when it is all settled....and i would not complain at all

1 - CB Mike Jenkins
1 - WR Adarius Bowman
2 - RB Chris Johnson

then for day 2

3 - FB Owen Schmitt
4 - CB Chevis Jackson
5 - ILB Moffitt/Gatewood
6 - OLB Brandon Miller
7 - C Legursky

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Biggems;1910056 said:
i would puke if the skins got Limas Sweed.......i hope the Titans draft him instead.

i would love to have our first day be this.....when it is all settled....and i would not complain at all

1 - CB Mike Jenkins
1 - WR Adarius Bowman
2 - RB Chris Johnson

then for day 2

3 - FB Owen Schmitt
4 - CB Chevis Jackson
5 - ILB Moffitt/Gatewood
6 - OLB Brandon Miller
7 - C Legursky

I'm not in favor of drafting a WR in the 1st, but i really like Bowman and the talent your first 4 players have is fantastic. I'd be thrilled to get 4 players like that.

brewers47

Reaction score
superpunk;1909250 said:
I think our biggest need is at DB - and I would think that gets addressed with our first pick.

I also think I would rather draft a CB from the PAC-10 (Cason?) than one from Troy (unless that guy is the troof, which I have no idea). Maybe this draft doesn't include certain players for some reason.

Don't be knocking on Troy, I mean would you have rather had D-Ware or some crappy tweener from the Pac-10. Just because he wasnt in a fancy conference doesnt mean he isnt any good.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
brewers47;1910254 said:
Don't be knocking on Troy, I mean would you have rather had D-Ware or some crappy tweener from the Pac-10. Just because he wasnt in a fancy conference doesnt mean he isnt any good.

The conference hate... now you know what its like to be a Michigan fan as of late.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1910030 said:
He will sign MBIII because he's a hell of a player.

He wont sign him if he can get a 1st and a 3rd out of him...thats McFadden to Jerry...

Just because he is a hell of a player does not mean he will be signed. He needs to fit the team, IMO, Barber is not the best running back type for this team.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
theogt;1909256 said:
I never saw the guy, but everything I keep researching on the guy says he's the truth.

Really, the only knock is that he's slightly raw. Which is fine considering he'd spend the 1st year as a nickel corner.

The guy has WAY too many tackles for a cornerback, he's averaged like 5 tackles a game the last 2 years... that generally means that he's the type who allows completions in front of him, then makes the tackle...

Sounds just like Jacques Reeves, doesn't it?? In addition, he has very few interceptions for his career...

I'd be disgusted if the Boys draft Manningham and McKelvin...

JPM

Reaction score
Biggems;1910056 said:

1 - CB Mike Jenkins
1 - WR Adarius Bowman
2 - RB Chris Johnson

then for day 2

3 - FB Owen Schmitt
4 - CB Chevis Jackson
5 - ILB Moffitt/Gatewood
6 - OLB Brandon Miller
7 - C Legursky
*sighs* Dreams of Schmitt smashing Pierce in the jaw dance thru my head...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Biggems;1910056 said:
1 - CB Mike Jenkins
1 - WR Adarius Bowman
2 - RB Chris Johnson

Adarius Bowman is a stiff. He is about as fluid as a 2x4. A receivers fluidity is vital in the NFL. All you have to do is look at Bowman run routes and you can see that almost any NFL caliber corner would throw a blanket over him. His only asset is size. Even with size, you have to be able to get open.

superpunk

Reaction score
brewers47;1910254 said:
It's not exactly churning out NFL stars, that's all. Typically, conferences with better athletes produce better professionals. Conferences where power running is at a premium produce good offensive linemen. Conferences where speed is a premium produce good defenders. Just kind of goes that way. This guy would have to be one heck of an amazing athlete to be considered a nice first rounder out of Troy, I would think.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
utrunner07;1910022 said:

One bad game and everyone freaks out. Crayton will go back inside to the slot where he is better utilized :bang2::bang2:

Yes he screwed the pooch in the playoffs time for him to bounce back. He is one of the reason we got to 13-3 so I am not going to over react now if he does that agin this next year then lynch him

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Mario Mannigham is hype and doesn't show up in big games i'll pass. Desean Jackson going 11 is a joke.