Todd McShay's Mock Draft 1.0

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of picking a WR in the first round. It seems like there are more 1st round misses on WRs than any other position, except for perhaps QB.

khiladi

Reaction score
windward;1909284 said:
If that comes to pass, then yes we should go CB AND RB.

And Detroit is obviously going defense. Wade won't have any problems packaging certain players on this defense, because many of them don't fit his style of play. They are left-overs from the BP era.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JPM;1909288 said:
It's all poo until the combine, cause you just know a WR will run a great 40 and shoot up the draft boards. Troy Williamson.....

Cason isn't going to drop past 20, and I think if he runs a good 40 he won't drop past 15.
I like Felix, but I think taking him first round might be a risk.

I wonder if J.Leman will last until our 2nd round pick ?????
You like Leman? He must not run a 4.58 then.

I thought he'd be at the tail end of round 1 or early round 2.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Leman will be lucky to go in the late second early third. I really like the kid, but he'll have to have a monster workout to go much higher than the late 2nd IMHO.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
khiladi;1909280 said:
We aren't going WR in the first-round of the draft, because Roy Williams is going to be here next year. Why would we draft a WR in the first round, when we can get a clear, proven big talent in this league who is on the trading block? We already signed Crayton to an extension and Stanback is going to play a significant role as well based upon general perception.

With that core, we have one of the biggest WR cores in the league.

If we get Williams than we will be forfeiting at least our first pick. Which I am actually all for but I highly doubt, even as thick headed as he is, Millen will move Williams.

JPM

Reaction score
Hostile;1909311 said:
You like Leman? He must not run a 4.58 then.

I thought he'd be at the tail end of round 1 or early round 2.
Yeah, I fall for a LB prospect every year. Willis, Carp, Ahmad Brooks to name 3. I think Akin can be replaced, and I was hoping Carp could do it but I don't know if he can.

theebs;1909321 said:
just because his name is leodis we should draft him.
Oh most defiantly. Every time he makes any kind of play I'm screaming This is Sparta! at my TV.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
texbumthelife;1909340 said:
If we get Williams than we will be forfeiting at least our first pick. Which I am actually all for but I highly doubt, even as thick headed as he is, Millen will move Williams.
The Lions want established Defensive Veterans for Williams, not draft picks.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JPM;1909343 said:
Yeah, I fall for a LB prospect every year. Willis, Carp, Ahmad Brooks to name 3. I think Akin can be replaced, and I was hoping Carp could do it but I don't know if he can.
So do I, but I am playing homer this year.

The prospect I love is Arizona's Spencer Larsen, ILB, 6'3", 245.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=90PYMdDjJlo

Kid was the heart and soul of the Wildcats D this year.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Hostile;1909344 said:
The Lions want established Defensive Veterans for Williams, not draft picks.

I just cant picture the Lions moving Williams and even if they do I cant see us having a piece, which we would part with, that we could send them for him.

Maybe Roy Williams and a player like Marcus Spears...

I just dont see a package that we would offer with equal value.

utrunner07

Reaction score
I could see Jerry trading for RW, picking up a Corner in FA (perhaps Samuels if $ is right) and then packiging our 1st rounders, 2cnd and 3rd, and possibly Marion Barber for Mcfadden.

He has had a crazy desperate look in his eyes and sound in his voice as of late.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
If Jerry goes after Samuel then I think other things would fall into play.

Roy Williams gets traded
Hamlin moves to SS
Henry moves to FS or gets traded

I just think without moving one of our other DB there is far too much money tied up back there already to go after someone like Samuel.

JPM

Reaction score
texbumthelife;1909360 said:

Roy Williams gets traded
Hamlin moves to SS
Henry moves to FS or gets traded

I just think without moving one of our other DB there is far too much money tied up back there already to go after someone like Samuel.
I don't see that many trades happening. And I really don't want to give up on Roy just yet (but I'm a hopeless Homer).

utrunner07

Reaction score
texbumthelife;1909360 said:

Roy Williams gets traded

I agree that if he gets Samuel then other things are going to change but because of Roy W. contract I think he stays and we try to convert him into a LB. Just my thoughts, probably nothing more than wishful thanking.