Tolbert is working with the great Mo Wells

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I want an all-out competition for the spot he's supposed to occupy this coming season. If he's good enough, he'll come through.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they should be looking to upgrade the position.

I don't know how you can claim to be all in with Michael Gallup or Jalen Tolbert as your 3rd WR.
Gallup has peaked and Tolbert is nothing special at this point, so there is no question they should be looking to upgrade their wide receiver position.

I wouldn't just be looking for a #3 receiver though, I would be looking for a taller/stronger #2 receiver with the hopes that Cooks could drop down to the #3 position.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think they should be looking to upgrade the position.

I don't know how you can claim to be all in with Michael Gallup or Jalen Tolbert as your 3rd WR.
I agree. I just think he was better than Gallup last year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Justin Jefferson might be on the trading block. I expect the Cowboys to be all over that.

Would be a nice offensive addition to go with Chris Jones and Danielle Hunter on defense.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Justin Jefferson might be on the trading block. I expect the Cowboys to be all over that.

Would be a nice offensive addition to go with Chris Jones and Danielle Hunter on defense.
If we could only find 60 million under the couch cushions.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The shame of it is his rookie year was basically wasted because of the idiot Cowboys staff and the way he was handled.
I don't think it was the staff's fault that he sucked. He couldn't even line up last year. And this year he was still soft and dumb. Those mistakes on special teams were killers.

I still want Brooks to get a fair shot. At least he's smart (learned all WR positions in camp), tough, and seems to want it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think it was the staff's fault that he sucked.
It was totally the staffs fault. Once all the news about what they did came out, there was no wonder why the poor kid was so messed up and looked lost. He was 100% mishandled.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He's been a disappointment so far but I would have given him Gallup's spot on the depth chart this year.
I think we should release Gallup and tell Tolbert the No. 3 job is his to take, but then bring in competition for the No. 3 job. Frankly, I'd prefer to see us bring in a better No. 2 and move Cooks to No. 3, but I don't think we'll spend the draft capital or free agent dollars to do that.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
The pimple faced teenager says he worked hard last year and it showed.

Realize that if Tolbert doubled his 2023 production this year he'd have a 44-536-4 season.

We're still waiting for a sign that he was worth the pick.
I feel like a lot of that is lack of opportunity. I thought he showed significant improvement when out there and should have gotten more involved. Next year will be big for him though. He needs to break through and indeed probably more than double that production.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Ready to take his game to the next level in 2024.

The CowboysZone or Tolbert and his associates have no right to show, without proper due credit and reimbursement, to show my main dance move,

Cease and desist or sanctions will be imposed.
Thank you, me mates.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I feel like a lot of that is lack of opportunity. I thought he showed significant improvement when out there and should have gotten more involved. Next year will be big for him though. He needs to break through and indeed probably more than double that production.
Right you are govnor, right you are.
I and Jerald believe that an athlete needs a full decade to truly mature and contribute.
Our motto is, if not this year then the next year or the next or the next...

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Gallup has peaked and Tolbert is nothing special at this point, so there is no question they should be looking to upgrade their wide receiver position.

I wouldn't just be looking for a #3 receiver though, I would be looking for a taller/stronger #2 receiver with the hopes that Cooks could drop down to the #3 position.

This

StarBoyz83

Reaction score

Add them to the other all in plan of making dak qb 3 for the playoffs. Win win win!!