Tolbert is working with the great Mo Wells

Pentagruel

Reaction score
Right you are govnor, right you are.
I and Jerald believe that an athlete needs a full decade to truly mature and contribute.
Our motto is, if not this year then the next year or the next or the next...
I just think they need to play him more snaps, not that he needs a ten year contract.

plymkr

Reaction score
The pimple faced teenager says he worked hard last year and it showed.

Realize that if Tolbert doubled his 2023 production this year he'd have a 44-536-4 season.

We're still waiting for a sign that he was worth the pick.
Dude cut him a break, he’s obviously in the best shape of his life.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think they should be looking to upgrade the position.

I don't know how you can claim to be all in with Michael Gallup or Jalen Tolbert as your 3rd WR.
I think at best Tolbert is a Cedrick Wilson, which is fine for a #4. But not what you want as a #3

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I don't see Gallup and Cooks here in 2024.
So we have to keep Tolbert as insurance. FA might give us a lifeline with a veteran chap, much like Mike Evans or Michael Pittman of the Colts.
Yes, lads, either will be expensive. These are exceptional players.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Yeah once again here's the workout videos!! Oh nice workout:facepalm:
It’s the off season and he’s working to get better. Isn’t that what we are always talking about? That players should be “watching film” (lol)

People around here are never happy.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Something's wrong with the develoment of these rooks, is easier to point at the draft but I think someone is not doing their job if these guys still trying to find their roll on year 3, putting on weight or loosing it, changing position, etc

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right you are govnor, right you are.
I and Jerald believe that an athlete needs a full decade to truly mature and contribute.
Our motto is, if not this year then the next year or the next or the next...
Perpetual double-down. When it finally hits...WOOHOO....told ya!
Or not.:laugh:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
he's done the most with his opportunities, but let's be real...he wasn't going to get many fighting with Gallup early on. It's Ceedee who lead the league in catches, then Brandon Cooks, then Gallup, then Ferguson...then him. So yeah...I'm not saying he's the next Miles Austin (lol) but...he's not really going to get many chances given the lineup.
Or the QB's decisions....Face it Dak is a one read QB....And how many times is Tolbert going to be designated as the lead target? Not many....

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm not a believer in Tolbert. I hope he works out and steps up though; especially if we don't add to the position in the off-season.
Hey that's your choice and not believe in the guy but you also gotta realize he's in a position to where he's 4th on this team as a wide receiver but probably 6 as an afterthought for targets you're not getting the ball on a regular basis kinda hard to grow in this sport kind of like the backup quarterback who never gets in it's kind of tough I mean all you have is practice and doing these things but you don't get enough reps to ever warm up and get comfortable in a game and we all know that raps you could start out a game and have 0 catches in the first half and then the guy ends up with like 6 catches for 84 yards in the second-half and maybe a touchdown or two literally you have to be on the field to make plays.

So maybe he gets his shot when Gallup probably is a cat casualty that he gets moved up a bump and maybe he gets a few more targets but unless you're the number one or #2 wide receiver or the starting tight end or the starting running back you're not gonna get a lot of opportunities... And some guys are what we call gamers they're better when they get in a game and they warm up throughout the game and get better and better as they get into the flow you chuck a guy out there for five plays and play special teams going to be hard to shine.​

blueblood70

Reaction score
Something's wrong with the develoment of these rooks, is easier to point at the draft but I think someone is not doing their job if these guys still trying to find their roll on year 3, putting on weight or loosing it, changing position, etc
you do realize some guys are just late bloomers they need to be developed this guy was what a third round pick I don't even remember but I use this as an example I mean Randy white did not start until year three and he played special teams for the most part his first two seasons they didn't even know his full time position yet.. However he finally got on the field and the rest is history he became the master but he didn't do anything his first two seasons... I mean just that the wide receiver position I know he wasn't drafted but we have guys here like miles Austin that didn't start getting good until year 3.. Expecting everybody who's drafted or brought in on a yearly basis to be good instantly or to be a Pro Bowl player is the problem with the fans not the player.. Not everyone is destined to be good but there are a lot of role players on teams you know with 53 players there's only 22 starters a lot of guys play special teams and a lot of guys play as backups and there's nothing wrong with a guy finding a steady role as a backup or a special teams guy..

Somehow that's considered a bust around here and it's insanely ridiculous expectations..

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Justin Jefferson might be on the trading block. I expect the Cowboys to be all over that.

Would be a nice offensive addition to go with Chris Jones and Danielle Hunter on defense.
And Bobby Wagner

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think at best Tolbert is a Cedrick Wilson, which is fine for a #4. But not what you want as a #3
Cedric Wilson was a good #3 I don't see what #3 all of a sudden became this great position I remember all the 90s teams #3 wide receiver was nothing hell Alvin Harper in the number two spot hardly ever got any balls what really matters is you have a stud at #1 and then you try to have a productive guy at #2 but #3 is an afterthought because he's not even the number three target I mean how many possesses do you think they have and how many are passing please and how many times are you gonna go to that guy before you go to the number one tight end the number one wide receiver the running back out of the backfield I mean you guys have a bloated view of what a #3 and a #4 wide receiver is hell some of you don't even understand #2...

You simply hope your number two guy is good enough to take some pressure off you're #1 but outside of that there's not enough balls to go around to make the number 3 or 4 superstars they're simply role players how is that any different from the guys who rotate in and out on the defensive line and some of the other positions where they're not gonna start more than 30 to 50% of the snaps so if you go down the line to the third receiver he's at what 20% of the steps and the 4th maybe he gets 5% of the snaps.. This whole spread the ball around concept has been ridiculous to me in the 1st place no your goal is that team is to have a clear number one at all positions and they will eat up all your targets the rest of them are just role players this guys being just as if he's a bad role player Cedric Wilson is a great #3.. So this guy just turns into a really solid productive #3 I'll take that you just can't pay him like you paid gallop gallop's a terrible #3 because of his money not because of his production I'll take 4 to 600 yards from my #3 guy but not it 8 to $12 million...

You simply change that every three or four years you get rid of the number 3 and you get another one you never pay that guy a lot of money they're just role players it's simple as that...