Tolbert is working with the great Mo Wells

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think you are over exaggerating my critique.

I didn't say anything about "instantly good" or "Pro Bowl" or "Busts"

I said I have the feeling that rookies on this team develop slower than other teams or underdevelop. I seem to remember that some of the playoff teams this year had some good contribution from their draft class, KC and Detroit I think... I may be wrong but doesn't it seem that the Cowboys are too slow to develop talent? They are like a year late on playing the younger players and hang on too much to the vets, just my opinion.
First of all last year was an anomaly most of the time the Dallas Cowboys drafts are good and many players get plenty of playing time early in their careers IE Micah Parsons IE one CD lamb I mean when Ezekiel Elliott was rookie of the year as far as running backs go I mean he had 1600 yards that's probably better than Emmitt Smith and Tony Dorsett rookie years put together man 1A rookie crown I mean you're picking one year or a couple of players but how about some of the drafts where we hit on Jerome's land was like a fifth round pick he immediately was pretty damn good for this team I'll be it let me give you a little taste of this can you stop with the Detroit stuff they have one good year in the last 15 years and all of a sudden they're a blueprint no they needed to fill a lot of holes and a rebuilding team is gonna start a lot of young players as opposed to a team that's won 36 games two division titles and been to the playoffs three straight years and the Dallas Cowboys they haven't had as many openings for starters or players at positions to get a lot of playing time....

So there's a story to each and every player but we have plenty of players that were ready to go year one I mean did I mention Trayvon diggs..didnt LVE start year 1????

I mean you're acting like jamir Gibbs and few rookeis for them it isn't any different than what the way we used Elliot, look if the dude is good he's going to get immediate playing time if they need time to develop they'll develop but this isn't a Dallas cowboy thing Dallas Cowboys are one of the best drafting teams in the NFL I'll be it last year was an anomaly it was an odd type of draft where they pick role players guys who develop where we didn't need number one guys..

I mean how about Jake Ferguson literally his rookie year showed promise immediately we booted out Dalton Schultz and now Jake Ferguson is a legitimate starting tight end in his second year I mean you act like you pick a few of the negative draftees and then try to make it the narrative when you're actually wrong the Cowboys have had many guys hey how about that dude named Tyler Smith you know that perennial all pro at left guard that can also play left tackle didn't he start right away yeah I mean do we wanna go through every single draft pick and do this or do you just wanna accept the fact that this happens to all teams and you can't hit on every pick and sometimes it takes time to develop players...​

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
First of all last year was an anomaly most of the time the Dallas Cowboys drafts are good and many players get plenty of playing time early in their careers IE Micah Parsons IE one CD lamb I mean when Ezekiel Elliott was rookie of the year as far as running backs go I mean he had 1600 yards that's probably better than Emmitt Smith and Tony Dorsett rookie years put together man 1A rookie crown I mean you're picking one year or a couple of players but how about some of the drafts where we hit on Jerome's land was like a fifth round pick he immediately was pretty damn good for this team I'll be it let me give you a little taste of this can you stop with the Detroit stuff they have one good year in the last 15 years and all of a sudden they're a blueprint no they needed to fill a lot of holes and a rebuilding team is gonna start a lot of young players as opposed to a team that's won 36 games two division titles and been to the playoffs three straight years and the Dallas Cowboys they haven't had as many openings for starters or players at positions to get a lot of playing time....

So there's a story to each and every player but we have plenty of players that were ready to go year one I mean did I mention Trayvon diggs..didnt LVE start year 1????

I mean you're acting like jamir Gibbs and few rookeis for them it isn't any different than what the way we used Elliot, look if the dude is good he's going to get immediate playing time if they need time to develop they'll develop but this isn't a Dallas cowboy thing Dallas Cowboys are one of the best drafting teams in the NFL I'll be it last year was an anomaly it was an odd type of draft where they pick role players guys who develop where we didn't need number one guys..

I mean how about Jake Ferguson literally his rookie year showed promise immediately we booted out Dalton Schultz and now Jake Ferguson is a legitimate starting tight end in his second year I mean you act like you pick a few of the negative draftees and then try to make it the narrative when you're actually wrong the Cowboys have had many guys hey how about that dude named Tyler Smith you know that perennial all pro at left guard that can also play left tackle didn't he start right away yeah I mean do we wanna go through every single draft pick and do this or do you just wanna accept the fact that this happens to all teams and you can't hit on every pick and sometimes it takes time to develop players...​
I don't have an agenda or intend to push narratives. I was asking a question and stating an opinion, thanks for your feedback, it was actually helpful.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Good for Jalen putting in that work, but I want to see Dallas draft a WR in the first 3 rounds. The Draft is loaded at WR, and Cooks on the final year of his deal. Get a taller WR in Dallas to help out CeeDee n Ferg.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tolbert at least contributed in 2023 but he looks to be just another receiver. Don’t see him seeing a second contract unless he really steps up next season. Year 3 is usually the pivotal year for a player to make a big jump.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree. I just think he was better than Gallup last year.
Not according to the stats. Tolbert-22 catches, 268 yards and 2 TDs. Gallup-34 catches, 418 yards and 2 TDs. Everyone is down on Gallup and wants Tolbert to succeed.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not according to the stats. Tolbert-22 catches, 268 yards and 2 TDs. Gallup-34 catches, 418 yards and 2 TDs. Everyone is down on Gallup and wants Tolbert to succeed.
How many snaps did both play? That would provide more clarity to those stats

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't see Gallup and Cooks here in 2024.
So we have to keep Tolbert as insurance. FA might give us a lifeline with a veteran chap, much like Mike Evans or Michael Pittman of the Colts.
Yes, lads, either will be expensive. These are exceptional players.
They won’t move on from both Cooks and Gallup. Gallup may be gone but Cooks will likely stay. He started slow but came on as the season progressed. He ended up having a decent season with 8 TDs and he provides a speed threat.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How many snaps did both play? That would provide more clarity to those stats
I let you look it up. Gallup had the better season regardless. He had 103 yards against GB in the playoffs and Tolbert didn’t have a catch.