Tom Brady could become historically greater than all 32 NFL teams

khiladi

Reaction score
Name

Suh came aboard during the previous off-season -2019. Fournette was a good pickup. But Gronk and Brown would not have joined the Bucs if Brady was not there.

Their number 1 draft pick was probably their best pickup. Brady has only been sacked like 21 times, with a deep passing attack that is an Arian offense.

Statistically, Tampa Bay is pretty much the same team offensively in passing outside the INTs by Winston, which were other worldy.

To put it in perspective, Winston was sacked 47 times and the only change outside Brady was Wirfs. Not sure how much Gronk as a TE had added to their pass and run blocking game.

Of course a lot of that has to do with how smart Brady is, but let’s be honest, it can’t make a difference of like 25 sacks.

The fact they don’t turn the ball over has also clearly helped their scoring defense.

But Brady has been mediocre these playoffs, period. Brees was even more mediocre, giving Brady two opportunities in the red zone and the Saints defense dropped what should have been at least 2 picks.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Green Bay going man coverage with like 8 second in the half, thirty nine yard line with no time-outs left is kind of suspect too.

And then abandoning the run completely in the fourth, when the drive to make it 23, essentially ate off half a quarter in the third is kind of suspect too. They ran it a total of once in the fourth on the very last drive, with zero need too and after GB Running game would have affected the TB defense with such a huge, time consuming drive.

I mean was it all about Aaron Rodgers versus Tom Brady and not winning?

Sometimes the storylines seem way too convenient. But that’s just me...

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score

Their number 1 draft pick was probably their best pickup. Brady has only been sacked like 21 times, with a deep passing attack that is an Arian offense.

Statistically, Tampa Bay is pretty much the same team offensively in passing outside the INTs by Winston, which were other worldy.

To put it in perspective, Winston was sacked 47 times and the only change outside Brady was Wirfs. Not sure how much Gronk as a TE had added to their pass and run blocking game.

Of course a lot of that has to do with how smart Brady is, but let’s be honest, it can’t make a difference of like 25 sacks.

The fact they don’t turn the ball over has also clearly helped their scoring defense.

But Brady has been mediocre these playoffs, period. Brees was even more mediocre, giving Brady two opportunities in the red zone and the Saints defense dropped what should have been at least 2 picks.

'khiladi' your last paragraph is a great observation. Although both QBs performance in the regular season was good to very good (Brady had 7 games with 340 yards and above)...when the postseason began they started to look pedestrian, then struggled as they advanced. The 17th and 18th games (no bye weeks) further took its toll on two guys playing a sport where 40-50% of their teammates and opponents are young enough to be their sons.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Green Bay going man coverage with like 8 second in the half, thirty nine yard line with no time-outs left is kind of suspect too.

And then abandoning the run completely in the fourth, when the drive to make it 23, essentially ate off half a quarter in the third is kind of suspect too. They ran it a total of once in the fourth on the very last drive, with zero need too and after GB Running game would have affected the TB defense with such a huge, time consuming drive.

I mean was it all about Aaron Rodgers versus Tom Brady and not winning?

Sometimes the storylines seem way too convenient. But that’s just me...

So explain the whole season and then the playoff wins leading up to the Super Bowl. Were those fixed, too?

:rolleyes:

khiladi

Reaction score
So explain the whole season and then the playoff wins leading up to the Super Bowl. Were those fixed, too?

:rolleyes:

I didn’t say everything was orchestrated... I mean TB was loaded and GB was basically a running team with AR.. and then GB decides to completely abandon the running game during the whole fourth quarter with no need too, while scoring on a significantly run heavy drive in the third, most likely tiring out the defense.

or the coaches could just be incredibly dumb..