Tom Brady could become historically greater than all 32 NFL teams

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
woulda coulda but didn't..and as far of having more respect for the player than the game,where did I imply that?
There is no woulda coulda about it. Brady threw the game away with a bad pass that was deflected and picked trailing by 4 with about two minutes left. The play didn't count because a DE lined up offsides by a half inch. Your assertion that Brady beat Mahomes disregards and disrespects all aspects of the game other than the end result. A conclusion come to with no regard to context.

The entire GOAT thing is complete disrespect of those that came before, the complexity of the game and the contributions required by the entire organization to achieve that success. Brady has won a SB that required a once in a lifetime circus catch and he has lost a SB that required the same by the opponent. Every SB he has won has been a one score game. Four of them were three point games, one a four point game and one a six point game. In every one of those games big plays were required by someone not named Brady to achieve those successes.

Brady absolutely has a place at the table with the other greatest QB's who played this game but to completely ignore the plethora of variables that exist from one era to another and one situation to another completely disrespects the accomplishments of the other great QB's, the coaches and teammates who were integral to those accomplishments and the game itself.

If Brady were drafted by the Lions or the Browns is this discussion happening or is he thought of as another very good QB who couldn't bring it all home?

We just watched him win a game in which the defense completely bailed him out and the narrative is. OMG Brady won another one!!!! As has become the status quo it seems, hype trumps reality and emotions rule.

bigE79

Reaction score
There is no woulda coulda about it. Brady threw the game away with a bad pass that was deflected and picked trailing by 4 with about two minutes left. The play didn't count because a DE lined up offsides by a half inch. Your assertion that Brady beat Mahomes disregards and disrespects all aspects of the game other than the end result. A conclusion come to with no regard to context.

The entire GOAT thing is complete disrespect of those that came before, the complexity of the game and the contributions required by the entire organization to achieve that success. Brady has won a SB that required a once in a lifetime circus catch and he has lost a SB that required the same by the opponent. Every SB he has won has been a one score game. Four of them were three point games, one a four point game and one a six point game. In every one of those games big plays were required by someone not named Brady to achieve those successes.

Brady absolutely has a place at the table with the other greatest QB's who played this game but to completely ignore the plethora of variables that exist from one era to another and one situation to another completely disrespects the accomplishments of the other great QB's, the coaches and teammates who were integral to those accomplishments and the game itself.

If Brady were drafted by the Lions or the Browns is this discussion happening or is he thought of as another very good QB who couldn't bring it all home?

We just watched him win a game in which the defense completely bailed him out and the narrative is. OMG Brady won another one!!!! As has become the status quo it seems, hype trumps reality and emotions rule.
You name me a qb that hasn't got bailed out by the defense at some point or another...Brady is the greatest in this generation,period..can't say all-time cause rules are different and skewed to the offence...and as far as how productive brady would have been with the browns or the lions,hard to answer a hypothetical,but I wouldn't bet against brady.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
If Brady wins his 7th Super Bowl. Tom Brady - 7 Super Bowls, Patriots & Steelers - 6 Super Bowls each, and Cowboys & 49ers - 5 Super Bowls each. The guy is a mythical figure.

I live in the Clearwater/Tampa area and the people are so excited down here. Its literally championship city. And they get to play at home. I wish it were my cowboys but I have to say, these people deserve it. Pinellas county has not been a happy sports town previously before now!

I was never a big Brady fan but I hope the bucs win it for the city to bring more excitement as the lightning and Rays have.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good god people get a grip.

This idolatry is sickening.

What many fail to understand is that Brady, by himself, has not attained anything. It is a team sport. I will not go into any particular reasons for his success, but the misplaced idolatry is at a frenzy.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It definitely time to make some changes.

Who the hell even knows who 'Lombardi' is/was!? We just can't miss the opportunity to present the new "Brady Trophy" to its namesake, amidst the falling confetti.

It's just common sense...

Not common sense, this is utter foolishness.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Yet if he loses , and I believe he will , he will also be tied for most Super Bowl losses by any starting QB...............

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
You name me a qb that hasn't got bailed out by the defense at some point or another...Brady is the greatest in this generation,period..can't say all-time cause rules are different and skewed to the offence...and as far as how productive brady would have been with the browns or the lions,hard to answer a hypothetical,but I wouldn't bet against brady.

Every QB who has ever played the game has been reliant on his supporting cast. That's not really the point though. I was responding to your assertion that Brady beat Mahomes in that game which is just not true. The Patriots beat the Chiefs. Mahomes played a great game bringing the Chiefs back to take the lead and then again to tie the game in the final seconds. If the Chiefs win the OT coin toss the story may very well have a different ending. The success or failure of a QB does not happen in a vacuum. The success or failure of an organization is not determined solely by the skills of the QB. If that were true then the GOAT QB would win the SB every year he played.

I'm glad you're backing off the GOAT a bit to consider the differences in eras but the AT in GOAT stands for "All Time".

Personally, I don't understand the need to make that designation even without all the factors that make it impossible to even determine it.

I'm definitely good with ATGOAT though.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Tom Brady, IMO, is in the same situation that Peyton Manning was in at Denver. He (Manning) didn't have that great of a season statistically, but that Denver defense won that Super Bowl for them. I feel like Brady, at least this season, is also being carried by his great defense.

What are you talking about? He threw 610 passes for 4633 yards and 40 TDs.

2020 Rankings: 2nd in attempts, 3rd in yards, 3rd in TDs.

He had a monster season, by any standards. Doing it as his age is ridiculous.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What are you talking about? He threw 610 passes for 4633 yards and 40 TDs.

2020 Rankings: 2nd in attempts, 3rd in yards, 3rd in TDs.

He had a monster season, by any standards. Doing it as his age is ridiculous.
I stand corrected!! Apologies!! I guess what I meant was his NFCC game performance. Anyways....Brady is GOAT...nothing more to be said!!

Motorola

Reaction score
Yet if he loses , and I believe he will , he will also be tied for most Super Bowl losses by any starting QB...............
So you're looking at 0-4 attached to Jim Kelly the same as 6-4 for Brady.
Yes, it will be a fact...but the SB record for most wins by a QB will be mentioned every fortnight before the game much, much more during the coverage.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I live in the Clearwater/Tampa area and the people are so excited down here. Its literally championship city. And they get to play at home. I wish it were my cowboys but I have to say, these people deserve it. Pinellas county has not been a happy sports town previously before now!

I was never a big Brady fan but I hope the bucs win it for the city to bring more excitement as the lightning and Rays have.

I live over in Carrollwood. I have to say it has been a lot of fun around here with all the buzz.

I love to watch domination in sports. LeBron/MJ in the NBA, Jimmie Johnson in NASCAR, Tiger Woods, and Tom Brady/Patriots. The Cowboys were there at one point. We now know how the other side feels (well, we've known it for 25 years now).

erod

Reaction score
If Brady wins his 7th Super Bowl. Tom Brady - 7 Super Bowls, Patriots & Steelers - 6 Super Bowls each, and Cowboys & 49ers - 5 Super Bowls each. The guy is a mythical figure.

The guy has played in 14 conference championship games.

Dallas hasn't been to one in 25 years.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The guy has played in 14 conference championship games.

Dallas hasn't been to one in 25 years.

The New England Patriots and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, have afforded him those 14 straight conference championship games. He did not get there by himself.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I live over in Carrollwood. I have to say it has been a lot of fun around here with all the buzz.

I love to watch domination in sports. LeBron/MJ in the NBA, Jimmie Johnson in NASCAR, Tiger Woods, and Tom Brady/Patriots. The Cowboys were there at one point. We now know how the other side feels (well, we've known it for 25 years now).

Oh ok, you live across the water neighbor:thumbup:

25 years has been entirely too long for the cowboys. I just wonder why we cant be the team to have that luck.

You can argue that the bucs have Brady but they wernt perfect during the season. In fact, during the season most bucs fans I talk to didnt put too much stock into going to a SB. They just enjoyed winning and waited for the worse to happen, even with Brady on their team.

Obviously the cowboys have had winning seasons like that too and I've always thought it's just a matter of time.... only for us to hit that wall.

The cowboys cannot just catch that break, even with a coaching change and loaded with talent.

Motorola

Reaction score
Not common sense, this is utter foolishness.
Name
Of course it was. But if that veteran was Phillip Rivers you think they would've struggled with 7 wins as well? They needed a veteran at the helm. It made so much sense to get Brady. Winston was young and reckless with the football. I'm not saying Brady isn't better than Winston. I'm saying his team is stacked and they were going to get better regardless of who was at quarterback. Mind you, they had one of the best offensive lines in the league this year...

Offensive line was a huge change for them especially drafting Wirfs...they did more than just bring in Brady. Fournette, Antonio Brown, Suh, Gronkowski.....
Suh came aboard during the previous off-season -2019. Fournette was a good pickup. But Gronk and Brown would not have joined the Bucs if Brady was not there.