Tom Brady retiring from the NFL

T-RO

Reaction score
How did we ever arrive at the idea that Brady needed to retire to be a good family man? Who are we to judge when we don't really know details.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Finally...tired of seeing psycho Tom go off on young players. I would hate playing with a guy who's done and can't come to terms with it.

I expect him to go into coaching someday.

Same for Deion. I mean, in the NFL.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
So the Cowboys are officially the ones to retire the GOAT with a playoff loss.

I put that in my calculator and it equals a happy face.
Brady saw the writing on the wall after being out-quarterbacked by Dak.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This isn't personal at you at all, but I've always wondered why we feel the need to give people condolences when they break up or wish that they had stayed together. If they're not happy they should move on with their lives and we should be supportive and congratulatory about it.
I'll answer.

Because many still see marriage as the bedrock of society and despite what's going on in one's personal marriage (which we don't know for sure), when another couple breaks up, slowly but surely, it represents the demise of the institution of marriage and, progressively, the demise of society.

Almost all societies have a concept of marriage. The human race isn't stupid. Somehow, somewhere in our brains we thought this arrangement - much like government - brings about a certain stability to society.

And many mourn what has happened to the institution and will happen to society if the institution of marriage continues to crumble. Marriage has an impact on economy, poverty, morality, education, government, etc., in ways some understand but many don't.

I personally think this country will not survive the next 100 years (I'll be gone by then). And one of the reasons why is because of the disintegration of the institution of marriage, which doesn't occur all at once but as couple, one by one, separate like the continual dripping of water on a rock that after 100 years of softening, cracks releasing a boulder that smashes to the ground.

And great shall be its fall. :(

Toro9

Reaction score
He actually might this time. What more does he have to accomplish?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
We will see ......... he will prolly get the itch again once the season gets close.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Enjoy retirement GOAT. Glad the Cowboys was the one who had that shot to do it.

T-RO

Reaction score
You could divide his career in half, treat him as two players:
Tom Brady Part 1 - Hall of Fame career
Tom Brady Part 2 - An additional hall-of-fame career

12 seasons he won league MVP, or was top 5 in the voting.

nobody

Reaction score
That is both good and bad news. Now TB will be looking for a QB and they draft ahead of us don't they?