Tom Brady suspended for four games

USMarineVet

Reaction score
The Pats should feel lucky that it wasn't more games. If they were smart, they'd take their medicine.

I also like how this carries over to 2017 so the world will be reminded of this once again.

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
I honestly believe that the suspension sticks. The NFL may give back a draft pick or two and may reduce the fine, but I strongly believe Brady doesn't have his suspension reduced.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Seems fair. If they hadn't lost the picks, a longer suspension for Brady would have been in order, but with the loss of picks, in the aggregate the 4 game suspension makes sense.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
A small slap on the hand with a feather as far as I am concerned.
Should be a lot more suspension. for Brady and the Coaching staff.http://i9.***BLOCKED***/albums/a92/radar69/Cheaters_zpsrvelucrv.jpg

Can't really prove it - a better analysis would be players who left NE and how they fared in subsequent seasons. This could simply reflect that Beli has zero tolerance for fumbling players.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Not enough, IMO.

The Saints had a coaching staff ripped apart for 1-season over something that never happened because 'ignorance is not an excuse.' How about something that actually happened and was proven to happen? Not to mention that Belichick has cheated before and wrote a foreword to a book called Football Physics.

Does anybody really think that a team wouldn't take a $1 million fine, a 4-game suspension, a first round pick for a Super Bowl?

I don't. I think they would jump at the chance.

The Patriots are quickly destroying this league because their rampant success has to be doubted. If they win again, it's hard not to believe that they found some new way to break the rules that nobody knows about.

As somebody said, get bent Goodell.

YR

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Greg Hardy gets basically a 25 game suspension (15 last year, 10 this year) for no conviction. Brady, knowingly has cheated for years, on 2 different occasions, gets 4 games.

Get bent, Goodell.

I'm pretty sure that in the context of humanity, Greg Hardy's offense was worse.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
I honestly believe that the suspension sticks. The NFL may give back a draft pick or two and may reduce the fine, but I strongly believe Brady doesn't have his suspension reduced.

Completely agree.. A precedent has been set; albeit a weak one IMO with regards to the number of games.

The 1st and 4th will hurt for sure.

erod

Reaction score
To whom we shall see but its the golden boy were talking about here

The league is ticked. This is about the integrity of the game, as Vincent said. The NFL has the confidence of fans that what we see is real, and the league generates so much money because all teams are on a fair playing field.

Not in the NBA, where they're freaking out that Memphis might beat a major-market team. There are no major markets in the NFL. Green Bay is just as big a deal as New York or Dallas.

The messed with consumer confidence, and the league is upset.

I thought it should have been worse. But forever, Tom Brady will be synonymous with this.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Yep you guessed it. NE first game with Brady this year Against the Dallas Cowboys. How convenient...

NFL is so funny

If Brady's first game is against the Cowboy, good! This defense will show him how to deflate balls...they will deflate his! punk

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Please don't tell me you are equating domestic violence with letting a little air out of footballs.

As far as the game goes, a crime committed on the football field should be punished on the football field IMO because it affects the game.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
asterisk.gif