Tom Zbibikowski... Notre Dame

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
IndianaCowboyFan;1971877 said:
As I said before I watch every ND game that is televised ...

That's all I needed to know. You made it up.

On a side note how is your restoration project coming?

Slowly. Very slowly. :D

I've actually gotten some work done on it recently. Pretty soon it'll be heading to a shop to get media blasted and primered. Then I'll know what kind of damage I'm looking at and can start getting the body work done. Then it's all about block sanding, which is cheap but a lot of time consuming hard work.

tomson75;1971939 said:
Apparently you lack the inability to read,

He lacks the INability to read? So basically you just said he HAS the ability to read.

:lmao2:

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
Rack;1972424 said:
Slowly. Very slowly. :D

I've actually gotten some work done on it recently. Pretty soon it'll be heading to a shop to get media blasted and primered. Then I'll know what kind of damage I'm looking at and can start getting the body work done. Then it's all about block sanding, which is cheap but a lot of time consuming hard work.

The reason I asked is that I am in the auto body repair and restoration business and have access to sources for parts you might not know about. If you need parts you can't locate give me a shout and I will see if I can help.

And for what it is worth I didn't make it up. :tongue:

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
ccb04;1972029 said:
LONG-time ND fan here. You sure you watched Zbikowski for 4 years? I ask because first of all ... he didn't play as a Freshman, leaving only 3 years. Secondly ... he returned 3 punts for TD's in his career, two of which came against USC (60 yards) and Tennessee (78 yards) in 2005. He returned one vs. UNC this past year.

Just did some fact checking..."returns for his fifth year after receiving approval from Notre Dame's Faculty Board on Athletics" so yes I have watched him for 4 years. Read the first sentence of his bio.

http://und.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/zbikowski_tom00.html

ccb04

Reaction score
IndianaCowboyFan;1972444 said:
Just did some fact checking..."returns for his fifth year after receiving approval from Notre Dame's Faculty Board on Athletics" so yes I have watched him for 4 years. Read the first sentence of his bio.

http://und.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/zbikowski_tom00.html

Did you also do "some fact checking" prior to stating his long punt returns came against weak competition? You seemingly chose to overlook some things from the very same bio: "returned a punt 60 yards for a TD versus USC, breaking three tackles on the way to giving the Irish a 21-14 lead in the second quarter." ... "had a huge game versus Tennessee, returning a punt for a score (78 yards) and an interception for a score (33 yards) while making nine tackles and registering a quarterback sack (10 yards)."

Yep, 5th year Senior. But like myself, you weren't too sure. And if you actually watched him for 4 years, you would know that he did make some game changing plays as illustrated above (against good comp) ... and wasn't just some bum who specialized in cheap shots.

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
ccb04;1972486 said:
Did you also do "some fact checking" prior to stating his long punt returns came against weak competition? You seemingly chose to overlook some things from the very same bio: "returned a punt 60 yards for a TD versus USC, breaking three tackles on the way to giving the Irish a 21-14 lead in the second quarter." ... "had a huge game versus Tennessee, returning a punt for a score (78 yards) and an interception for a score (33 yards) while making nine tackles and registering a quarterback sack (10 yards)."

Yep, 5th year Senior. But like myself, you weren't too sure. And if you actually watched him for 4 years, you would know that he did make some game changing plays as illustrated above (against good comp) ... and wasn't just some bum who specialized in cheap shots.

Anybody that plays for 4 years is bound to have some good games. And I was certain he played for 4 years. 4 years of returning punts and he was bound to score sooner than later. Look at Larry Brown in Dallas' last superbowl, he was the mpv, how did he do for Oakland the next year? I will agree he was not a bad punt returner but I still don't think he was a very good safety. Most people here don't think Roy is a good safety.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Indiana you have been owned yet you keep leading with your chin. Keep it up- I need a laugh.

ndanger

Reaction score
IndianaCowboyFan;1972501 said:
Anybody that plays for 4 years is bound to have some good games. And I was certain he played for 4 years. 4 years of returning punts and he was bound to score sooner than later. Look at Larry Brown in Dallas' last superbowl, he was the mpv, how did he do for Oakland the next year? I will agree he was not a bad punt returner but I still don't think he was a very good safety. Most people here don't think Roy is a good safety.

Anybody here who doesn't think Roy is a GOOD safety is not very knowledgeable about football .Has he lost some of his lustre, sure. Is he paid a little to handsomely , sure. But to say he is a bad safety is just moronic.

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
burmafrd;1972559 said:
Indiana you have been owned yet you keep leading with your chin. Keep it up- I need a laugh.

Whatever. My original post stated "This guy sucks as a safety, always late to the pile and a cheap shot type of player." Has anyone proved this wrong....no you just give opinions, I guess that means I am owned. Gee where are the links that you guys have to have when questioning someone??? I stated I have watched him play for 4 years and was challenged but guess what he played for 4 years. Then the off on a tangent he returned punts arguements, 2 against good teams, but you forgot to include that he returned punts in about 50 games, why only 3 TD returns in 4 years? Some of you guys are real simpletons without stats and links you are unable to form an independent thought. To you any statement w/o a link is false. It is really easy, watch a guy play for 4 years and you can actually gain some insight into the way he plays and how he will transition into the NFL. You really don't need any links to do this. One post had a link that claimed he ran a 10.4 in high school but finished 6th in the state meet. 10.39 would have placed 9th in the NCAA college track meet last year yet he ran a 10.4 in high school and only came in 6th. You guys believe what you want and I will stick to what I believe, he sucks as a safety and will not start as a safety in the NFL.