Tony Casillas on Current State of the Cowboys: “Everything Comes Before Winning”

pitt33

Reaction score
No Jerry wants his theory that coaching does not matter to be proven. To that end he will suffer as many losing seasons. Those three tiles in the 90s while he may claim was his effort everyone including Jerry knows that without Jimmy Johnson he isn’t winning anything.
That was my point.

He doesn’t know how to build a team to win.

People should know by now this team isn’t winning anything until someone with football acumen gets in that front office.

pitt33

Reaction score
He does not. Winning is item 10 on his checklist. He just wants to be average, so the media talking heads think the Cowboys are still relevant.
Baloney

This isn’t a hobby for the man.

dckid

Reaction score
Baloney

This isn’t a hobby for the man.
This is a money making business. If you don't realize that than you are not paying attention.
Why do you think owners never ever sell unless its a some financial ruin or some character issues. I don't blame them there are only 32 teams and they are money printing machines. Again let me state I have nothing against Jerry making as much money as humanly possible, but when it comes to winning he just doesnt care.
I wish Bezos, not that he is no longer CEO just comes and offers Jerry 10 billion to leave. We would be competing instantly.... without a shadow of a doubt.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Culture is a problem now with the Cowboys and it starts at the very top. The Jones boys don't really care about Super Bowls anymore. They seem content with holding the NFL attendance record each year. Even in a pandemic world, they are one of the few teams that had real fans attend every home game even if it was in a limited manner.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
They arent vetting the players properly. If ray lewis was drafted here would he have all of a sudden not cared about football? Doubt it
Jerry Dumbo GM Jones would have ruined Ray Lewis career in Dallas with the country club entitlement (Jerry would have let him go when charged with murder). See the destruction by Jerry Dumbo GM Jones of the Team of the 90's ending in 2 years after he fired Jimmy. See Demarcus Ware, Jason Witten, and every other player Bill Parcells brought to Dallas end up with no rings in Dallas but success with other teams, if they leave before they can no longer play (like Witten). Bill Parcells brought the longest stretch of non losing seasons with the talent he brought in from 2005-2009. Even with that talent they found a way to miss the playoffs 2xs during the period (2005-2009).

Its Jerry's world and you are just a squirrel. If you grovel for the nuts (Jerry's) your in the country club.

Arlington Jonesboys are 6-10 again. Since 1995 the Arlington Jonesboys have been 5-11 x 3 seasons, 6-10 x 4 season, 4-12 x 1 season, and 8-8 x 5 seasons.

That is 13 non winning seasons in 25 years.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Rams were in the SB just two years ago and what did they do? They traded there SB QB. Other teams aren't sitting on their laurels but Jerry has been........ since the 90s!!

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Rams were in the SB just two years ago and what did they do? They traded there SB QB. Other teams aren't sitting on their laurels but Jerry has been........ since the 90s!!
Wasn't even his laurels - Landry, Gil, and Tex drafted Irvin and the Cowboys were going to draft Aikman, Jimmy Johnson ran the 90's drafts that built the dynasty, John Wooten made the trade for Emmitt, and Ciscowski is the only reason the Cowboys got Larry Allen.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
It's hard to relate because I know how I would feel if I were talented enough to play for an NFL team. Sure, money is nice, as are the things it can buy, but how can you not want to win a championship deep in your gut? Football is a sport you can only play for a short period of time, and then you have the rest of your life to reflect on it. That would make me want a ring so bad! I would want it regardless of which team drafted me.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
25 years of ineptitude says clearly he's not lying one bit. I mean let's be serious we're seeing guys getting record breaking deals at their position and none of which has been on a team that's won a playoff game.