Tony could never come anywhere near 11-2

mattjames2010

Reaction score
There is no argument. How many championships have we won with Romo? Again. There is no argument. :)

Wasn't even the argument you were making, chief.

You have this way of deflecting I've never seen before.

First - Thread about record, you move to a playoff win
Second - We go from discussing a non-catch, and you then want to discuss championship wins

Sad.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
We did. Jump ball on a manageable 4th and a couple with time left on the clock was a stupid stupid stupid decision for any supposed elite QB to make.

That was the right play. Your star QB and star WR with a 1-on-1. Dez made the catch, the league screwed us because it doesn't know what it's doing. Even Sam Shields, the defender on that play, said it was a catch.

We got what we wanted, the two best players on the team in a good position to make a big play and we took it. Play to win instead of playing not to lose. One of my proudest times I've ever been of Romo.

YR

cowboys1981

Reaction score
25 teams in the NFL have more losses (5+) than our loss point differential(4). As much as we want to be selective on how we win we can't just simply turn our hand over on a QB that has won us 11 games in a row in a panic reaction.

romothesavior

Reaction score
kinda frustrating for people to belittle what a rookie has accomplished and say romo would have done that too *this* year. not as if the "disrespect" is a one way street here.
No disrespect at all to Dak. He's having arguably the greatest rookie season in history for a QB.

But to think he's better than a veteran multi-time Pro Bowler? No.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
He would be about 7 - 6 right now well on his way to 8 - 8. This is all assuming his back actually held up for 3/4 of the season. A tenuous assumption at best.
With all due respect Bleu Star ... based on what?
Why would Romo have a 7-6 record put in same situations ?
I mean we could argue because DAK has his legs and scrambling ability

But could we not also argue Romo could've hit some of those wide open receivers that DAK missed ?

While I do feel some of Daks success had to do early on with unknown factors by defensive staff but they still evolved and schemed for him

Where I do think Tony might've faultered was health .. not sure he would've survived some of the hits DAK took and some Daks legs helped him to avoid .. but to say Tony would've been 7-6 is extremely naive and without basis

Aven8

Reaction score
Sigh.....only in Dallas where the backup is always the savior! Fans are such traitors.

Romo has been my favorite player forever, but this is Daks team now folks. What happens if we put a 50 burger on Tampa?? Rejoice??

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's all just recall that Romo hasn't played in a regular season game since Thanksgiving of 2015. That simply isn't a game-ready situation. It takes time for any QB to get his feel and timing back for live game action. Former NFL QBs will verify that a minimum of 4-5 games are necessary to do so after a lengthy hiatus. I seriously doubt Tony will be seeing that kind of live-game activity anytime soon. Despite what Jerry says about Romo's readiness, this is why Garrett asserts that the team will stick with Dak this season. Assuming Romo to be ready at this time is just wishful thinking.

Last edited:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
No disrespect at all to Dak. He's having arguably the greatest rookie season in history for a QB.

But to think he's better than a veteran multi-time Pro Bowler? No.
sure.

to think romo would go 11 wins in a row is just as "opinionated" as the other so i guess i simply don't understand the overall anger at people having a different opinion than me.

i'm secure in myself.
i can be right and wrong - sometimes at the same time
and people can think 180* differently than me and i don't *have* to get mad about it.

people choose to.

and in all fairness, it's tough to have a "is romo done" convo with someone named "romothesavior" and expect an unbiased opinion. :)

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Sigh.....only in Dallas where the backup is always the savior! Fans are such traitors.

Romo has been my favorite player forever, but this is Daks team now folks. What happens if we put a 50 burger on Tampa?? Rejoice??

How is someone a traitor for wanting a backup to start on the same team they cheer for?

I don't have any strict rules for fans. People can whatever type of fan they want if they are honest. But this is still people just debating on what they believe to be best for the team.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Hilarious,
1 loss the pitchforks and torches are being handed out. Dak wasn't the main reason we lost. Yes he could have played better but so could have many others including our coaching.
Let's see how Dak handles this loss against the Bucs. If we see a lot of "deer in headlight" looks from him, consider putting #9 in the NEXT game. If it even gets to this scenario, Romo against the Lions will tell us a lot.

Blake

Reaction score
That was the right play. Your star QB and star WR with a 1-on-1. Dez made the catch, the league screwed us because it doesn't know what it's doing. Even Sam Shields, the defender on that play, said it was a catch.

We got what we wanted, the two best players on the team in a good position to make a big play and we took it. Play to win instead of playing not to lose. One of my proudest times I've ever been of Romo.

YR

I disagree, but do respect your opinion on the matter. You're objective and unbiased in your analysis of both our qb's from what I gather. Mattjames and others of his ilk on the other hand, have a clear personal vendetta against DP.

zack

Reaction score
It was on Romo to throw that stupid low percentage pass on a manageable 4 and 2 in which he should have moved the chains. He lost us the game...again.

Seriously, you need to just stop.....

Blake

Reaction score
The battle cry of the hopelessly ignorant. LOL.

Not battle cry needed I'm afraid. This year is Romo's last chance to get something done if for some reason he should replace DP. The Romo club is breathing their last.

dfense

Reaction score
This is all irrelevant. What is relevant, is how Dak plays against Tampa.

kramskoi

Reaction score
He would be about 7 - 6 right now well on his way to 8 - 8. This is all assuming his back actually held up for 3/4 of the season. A tenuous assumption at best.
With the current o-line and running back? You are talking out your azz and you know it. Romo was 4-0 two Decembers ago and the team averaged about 41 points per game in that stretch, with an avg winning margin of 21 points. If Romo's back held up I see no reason why he couldn't build on his league leading performance of 2 years ago, when he beat out Rodgers...throwing 34 TDs against 9 INTs (in 15 games) with 70% accuracy. Your assumption is not only asinine and tenuous but also ridiculous, because it's not based on anything but pure conjecture, not recent performance with the current o-line, receivers and a potent ground game.

dfense

Reaction score
It was on Romo to throw that stupid low percentage pass on a manageable 4 and 2 in which he should have moved the chains. He lost us the game...again.
That's the awesome logic of "fans' like you. Dez drops the ball and it's on Romo.

GreenBay crowds the line, doubles Witten, fully expecting just what you say Romo should have done. Leaving Dez one on one for the TD. Damn that Romo. :facepalm:

Blake

Reaction score
That's the awesome logic of "fans' like you. Dez drops the ball and it's on Romo.

GreenBay crowds the line, doubles Witten, fully expecting just what you say Romo should have done. Leaving Dez one on one for the TD. Damn that Romo. :facepalm:

Bad games management was the problem IMO. Not the pass it's self. Pay attention.