Tony Pauline: Jets Want La’el + Pick for Adams

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
We’re gonna trade for Adams and sign clowney it seems from Pauline. I hope we don’t become like the Eagles dream team lol

Or become a true dream team.

Adams and Clowney would take defense to another level. Two players that force opposing teams to specifically game plan.

There are no players on defense that currently command that kind of attention.

I for one hope Pauline is right.

But Tyron Smith instead of Lael Collins.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
No sir,, you never trade away young OTs just hitting their prime, I say never, but absolutely never for a safety, any safety, I know how good Adams is, but I also know how hard it is to get good OTs.
I would rather take my chances getting lucky finding a safety than I would finding a starting RT.

cern

Reaction score
No sir,, you never trade away young OTs just hitting their prime, I say never, but absolutely never for a safety, any safety, I know how good Adams is, but I also know how hard it is to get good OTs.
I would rather take my chances getting lucky finding a safety than I would finding a starting RT.
How long have we been looking for a safety? More than a decade by my count.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
How long have we been looking for a safety? More than a decade by my count.
Im not in disagreement over that fact, but at some point you cant keep paying top contract, regardless of past mistakes, maybe we answer some questions with some of these young DBs that are rostered.
I like the talent athletically that has been added to this group.
We might have had to let Byron Jones walk, because you cant pay everyone now that we are paying for elite QB.
To make this roster work now going forward we have to trust in the draft, and this draft seemed like a harvest of good young additions to this roster.
Sometimes drafts just seem to fall the right way, and this draft did it seemed, I liked seeing Diggs still on the board with the 2nd pick, and Gallimore, and Robinson, etc,,,

cern

Reaction score
Im not in disagreement over that fact, but at some point you cant keep paying top contract, regardless of past mistakes, maybe we answer some questions with some of these young DBs that are rostered.
I like the talent athletically that has been added to this group.
We might have had to let Byron Jones walk, because you cant pay everyone now that we are paying for elite QB.
To make this roster work now going forward we have to trust in the draft, and this draft seemed like a harvest of good young additions to this roster.
Sometimes drafts just seem to fall the right way, and this draft did it seemed, I liked seeing Diggs still on the board with the 2nd pick, and Gallimore, and Robinson, etc,,,
Makes perfect sense.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Pass. I love Adam's but no! Dallas is 2-3 years away. Giving away one of the Best tackles in the game plus high draft capitol, plus tons of money for a contract. Bad idea

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
JJ took LC because he believed in him, believed he was innocent, and was a good player. No other team offered LC a chance except the Cowboys. In return, LC showed loyalty back by not being demanding in salary and did not take being on the team for granted. Thus LC was not greedy in terms of money like a couple other players in the spot light.

LC has not let being a Cowboy get to his head like other players and has stayed quite low and out of the spot light with no antics or off the field issues.

LC is the kind of player you want to retire as a Cowboy and keep for ever.

NO TRADE !!!!!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We've been loading the offense for years while relying on too many scrubs on defense, particularly in the secondary. It hasn't worked. We literally haven't had a decent safety in 15 years. The secondary is in dire need of a leader. We can make due without La'El.

Nope.

I’ll give them future draft picks but not current players. Especially not a guy on the verge of the Pro Bowl on a very good contract.

I’m interested in filling holes not creating new ones.

Teeroy

Reaction score
Tony Pauline said on today’s episode of his podcast (Draft Insiders) that the Jets want La’el Collins and a pick in exchange for Adams. He says that the Jets don’t think they can get the Cowboys to agree to this price - however, the Jets may consider doing the deal for La’el only.

I’m out at this price. No way am I giving up a very good RT for a safety.[/QUOTE
No thanks

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I can’t take you seriously after you ranked LVE first - he’s 3rd in that group. Our LB’ing corps sucks.

When healthy in his rookie year, he was a legitimate star on our defense. He was a bigger, faster version of a younger Sean Lee. We don't know if his durability will be a issue moving around, not his on the field ability.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope.

I’ll give them future draft picks but not current players. Especially not a guy on the verge of the Pro Bowl on a very good contract.

I’m interested in filling holes not creating new ones.

Well, I guess your theory is to keep doing the same thing but expect different results. La'El is a good but replaceable player. He's on a "good contract" for a veteran. He is by no means cheap. Giving up draft picks never works b/c you need those cheap rookie contracts in order to pay your stars. You can't keep everyone. You have to pick and choose where to spend your money and the defense is in far more need than the offense.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Well, I guess your theory is to keep doing the same thing but expect different results. La'El is a good but replaceable player. He's on a "good contract" for a veteran. He is by no means cheap. Giving up draft picks never works b/c you need those cheap rookie contracts in order to pay your stars. You can't keep everyone. You have to pick and choose where to spend your money and the defense is in far more need than the offense.

That's what makes trusting your drafting dept essential, if you have confidence, than less mistakes will be made.
Maybe Hill is still salvageable but busting on picks like Taco has definably stunted the growth of this defense.
If we would have hit there wouldn't have the big need for Poe and McCoy, so two key FA acquisitions right there, and literal stop gap.
We need to fast track rooks like Gallimore and get him involved asap, to some degree.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Right now, it appears that the Dallas Cowboys may be a logical landing spot for Adams due to his desire to be traded there and because they are rumored to have an affection for Adams. But even better? The Jets may be willing to do business with the Cowboys because they covet a player on their offensive line.

Pauline said, “I’m told right now that the player the Jets would ask for in a trade for Adams would be right tackle La’el Collins. That’s the player that they want. That’s the player that they’re going to target…If you’re a Jets fan, you know one thing – you can’t start the season with Chuma Edoga starting at right tackle.”

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/platform/amp/2020/6/25/21303465/report-new-york-jets-may-want-lael-collins-in-a-potential-jamal-adams-trade?utm_campaign=rjochoa&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR0mQmK-c2Wr1EC69srNA6DI4erjG2p0VtcMq40N1HK-0BGGw_pq3-fVFoY

BigD_95

Reaction score
Absolutely - No way!

I wish the Adams talk would just go away. Is he a very good player? Yes. Is he worth giving up any pick in the first 3 rounds or our RT and then signing him to a massive contract. The answer is no.

I wouldnt even want to pay him what he wants as a free agent let alone give up draft picks or our RT