Tony Pollard Might Surprise

stinkface

Reaction score
The problem won't be pollard catching and receiving. The problem with be blitz pickup and that's where Zeke shined. He was big enough and strong enough to stop a blitzer in is tracks. Pollard won't give you that, its just not in his current skill set. Remember in the pre season. He almost got Dak killed.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I disagree.

I personally think it's going to be Pollard, at least eventually, getting most of the carries.

This is assuming Ezekiel will be doing this thing is Cabo, which at this point I hope he does.

We can win without him and his agent holding everyone hostage with his demands while he's still under contract.

jnday

Reaction score
I think there is entirely too many expectations being placed on Pollard with him having very little chance of meeting them. Pollard has not even faced a starting quality defense yet and many fans are convinced that he is already an above average RB.

Hailmary

Reaction score
I think expecting 20 carries a game would result in injury or fatigue.
At least his rookie year.

Could see 10-12 carries a game. Keep him fresh by subbing in Morris/Chunn at times.

This of course is if Zeke is still out
Yea, 10 - 12 seems about right. I'm a bit more bullish and say he gets around 12 - 14 and be targeted 5 -6 times in the passing game for a total near 20 carries/targets a game.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The only thing that is for sure is that we will have a much clearer understanding of this running game minus Zeke after the Giants game.
I like Pollard and Im not happy at all with the current situation, but just because I like Pollard does not mean that Im delusional to the point that I believe
Pollard can just step in and replace what Zeke brought to this entire offense.
I wish the kid the best of luck with or without Zeke.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Pollard is not going to become Zeke. The Cowboys need a complimentary back who teams will also respect.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think 20 carries a game is even necessary...

15 carries averaging 4.5 ypc.

I'd take that.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
The Cowboys can win games without Zeke.

The Cowboys can not win the super bowl without him.
th

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I am excited about Pollard, and I like watching Morris swing in the end zone. I think the running game I'll still do well

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
If he can handle 20 carries a game, I think this guy may make a lot of fans forget about Ezekiel Elliott.

I agree with a piece I read earlier.

Zeke should have been happy as the second-highest paid back in the NFL.

He handled this wrong.

I gotta hand it to Jerry for cutting off negotiations and not getting hosed by a guy who can't handle himself in public anyway.

As others have pointed out, we have other players to get signed like Amari Cooper.

Zeke has to let other players eat, too.

Just having the star on your helmet is money in the bank, if you play it right. Zeke goofed on this one. Now he loses money.

In any case, I see Pollard having a good start. 6.8 YPC in college is nothing to shake a stick at.

And Alfred Morris is no slouch either.

So, we may be just fine without Zeke anyway.

Wait when did Jerry cut off negotiations?

GenoT

Reaction score
Would that be pleasant surprise...or an unpleasant surprise?

John813

Reaction score
No way..

That's not how we roll.

We go with one guy early then bring in fresh legs later.

If we're switching guys in and out in and out, we'll never get in a rhythm in the running game.

I expect them to give him closer to 20 carries a game.

I could be wrong. But that's how I'd break in the rookie.

They would sub in Morris every 3-4th drive with Zeke two years ago.
Think they would just do it every 3rd drive with Pollard.

We'll see

jday

Reaction score
If he can handle 20 carries a game, I think this guy may make a lot of fans forget about Ezekiel Elliott.

I agree with a piece I read earlier.

Zeke should have been happy as the second-highest paid back in the NFL.

He handled this wrong.

I gotta hand it to Jerry for cutting off negotiations and not getting hosed by a guy who can't handle himself in public anyway.

As others have pointed out, we have other players to get signed like Amari Cooper.

Zeke has to let other players eat, too.

Just having the star on your helmet is money in the bank, if you play it right. Zeke goofed on this one. Now he loses money.

In any case, I see Pollard having a good start. 6.8 YPC in college is nothing to shake a stick at.

And Alfred Morris is no slouch either.

So, we may be just fine without Zeke anyway.
More often than not there is a really good reason why guys like Pollard have a high YPC. They are not being used in all-you-need-is-an-inch situations.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
More often than not there is a really good reason why guys like Pollard have a high YPC. They are not being used in all-you-need-is-an-inch situations.
Which is why there will be some confused, real confused, people when Morris gets a bunch of carries Sunday.

lockster

Reaction score
I hope he runs for 400 yards against the giants lol. By halftime:)

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They would sub in Morris every 3-4th drive with Zeke two years ago.
Think they would just do it every 3rd drive with Pollard.

We'll see
If not Elliott, you will see Pollard in some mixed situations, but if we have a long drive, he is not going to be the guy carrying the ball.

This just is all predicated on that stretch when Morris was the mule when Elliott was suspended. This is basically replicating that, along with a little spice in Pollard.