Tony Pollard Snap Count Ceiling

cnuball21

Reaction score
So humor me. Explain Henry's last two games.

3.1 ypc. They gave him 28 carries!
2.8 ypc. Still gave him 19 carries.

Despite some stunning games...still 4.1 ave for the season. Henry is revered. Zeke's season average? 4.1. He gets savaged....curb stomped.

Why?

Because Henry is better than Zeke and is still capable of those stunning games you mentioned. Zeke is not. Henry also doesn’t have a RB on their roster that is better than him.

I’d also imagine he sees more stacked boxes than anyone in the league without looking it up.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
So humor me. Explain Henry's last two games.

3.1 ypc. They gave him 28 carries!
2.8 ypc. Still gave him 19 carries.

Despite some stunning games...still 4.1 ave for the season. Henry is revered. Zeke's season average? 4.1. He gets savaged....curb stomped.

Why?

Henry’s averaging 4.6 YPC on the year. Beyond that, why would you even think 1-2 games defines a player?

Look at the 10+, 20+, [...] breakdowns on the year. Do you wanna say "oh, well Henry has had twice the carries..." Fine. Double Zeke's carries and tell me what the numbers look like then.

When I say Zeke is a middling NFL running back with the ball in his hands, I'm being generous.

Explain this:

Henry.png

Zeke.png

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Here is a very interesting take on Pollard. He's in good company.

He's right about how good Pollard is. But Jerry is trying to resign him.. on the cheap.

The other part of the equation is that Pollard is indeed better when Zeke plays. I just think Zeke should be the finisher. I've always said you should allow Pollard to start the game.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Henry’s averaging 4.6 YPC on the year. Beyond that, why would you even think 1-2 games defines a player?

Look at the 10+, 20+, [...] breakdowns on the year. Do you wanna say "oh, well Henry has had twice the carries..." Fine. Double Zeke's carries and tell me what the numbers look like then.

When I say Zeke is a middling NFL running back with the ball in his hands, I'm being generous.

Explain this:

Henry.png

Zeke.png

I was literally going to say Henry has 24 10+ yard carries and Zeke has 4. Oh by the way…Henry has the most rushing yards against stacked boxes in football.

Yea, Zeke ain’t that dude…that’s why he doesn’t deserve the volume the King gets.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Explain this:

This website says 4.4:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3043078/derrick-henry

In case you didn't notice..that is a SEASSON stat not just a 2 game stat.

And..in those two games...Henry's LONG was 9 yards in both. I did pick out the last two MOST RECENT GAMES. NFL get very brutal as it goes on. Stats CAN wind down, or course. It;s just the most recent games...and HATE it! I dont; blmae ya.

"Explain this"?

How about 30 carries a game? (Even with JUST a 3.1 YPC and long of 9. THEY STICK TO IT! You hate zeke so much you don't get that YES...it REALLY IS number of carries! Especially for power backs like Henry and Zeke.

Give Henry 10 carries.....see what happens.
Oh wait...they did! They gave him 13 carries against the Bills...for 25 yards.

I can do this all day with ya.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This website says 4.4:

And..in those two games...Henry's LONG was 9 yards in both. I did pick out the last two MOST RECENT GAMES. NFL get very brutal as it goes on. Stats CAN wind down, or course. It;s just the most recent games...and HATE it! I dont; blmae ya.

"Explain this"?

How about 30 carries a game? (Even with JUST a 3.1 YPC and long of 9. THEY STICK TO IT! You hate zeke so much you don't get that YES...it REALLY IS number of carries! Especially for power backs like Henry and Zeke.

Wait, you're criticizing Henry for having a 4.4 YPC average on the season?

Yet, you completely ignore Zeke's 4.1 average FOR THE SEASON.

Luuuuuuulz, you can't make this kind of braindead hypocrisy up.

:lmao:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Did he tell his RB coach he was done and had nothing left? He either did or didn't. I don't believe the coach made it up.

If a player comes up to me and says he's done and he didn't even have a full workload I'm not thinking this guy is a workhorse.
Said he had nothing left.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This website says 4.4:

"Explain this"?

Elliot needs those first 10 carries to get going and hammer. Pollard can come in and break those long runs. Elliot’s longer runs usually come later after those 10 runs. That’s when you start seeing the feed me signs. With him in a brace we won’t see that today but he can still get in there and hammer on them. We need to get some quick screens to them in space.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Elliot needs those first 10 carries to get going and hammer. Pollard can come in and break those long runs. Elliot’s longer runs usually come later after those 10 runs. That’s when you start seeing the feed me signs. With him in a brace we won’t see that today but he can still get in there and hammer on them. We need to get some quick screens to them in space.
YEs...this is power football 101.

The zeke haters are asking me how come Henry can pop a long one (even though last two games long was only 9...but forget that)....

30 carries. That's how.

20-25 will do.

I hope today zeke is VERY limited....let's lean on Tony again.

glimmerman

Reaction score
YEs...this is power football 101.

The zeke haters are asking me how come Henry can pop a long one (even though last two games long was only 9...but forget that)....

30 carries. That's how.

20-25 will do.

I hope today zeke is VERY limited....let's lean on Tony again.
I hope Malik is also active. If Elliot runs a few and is hurting we get him out of there. BUT Moore better call the run plays and we get it established and play action. And Dak can’t keep changing them to pass plays if he sees something. Run first and short passes.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Pollard is good for about 15 carries a game, while Zeke, on a good day, is worth about 30. I'd like seeing Davis for about 6 or so. :flagwave:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait, you're criticizing Henry for having a 4.4 YPC average on the season?

Yet, you completely ignore Zeke's 4.1 average FOR THE SEASON.

Luuuuuuulz, you can't make this kind of braindead hypocrisy up.

:lmao:

LOL...no dude....you are nuts I am NOT "criticizing Henry for his 4.4"...even thought you lied about 4.6. Excuse me...."mistaken". You are tyring to change what I said so you can argue on the internet. Nuts.

I am criticizing YOU....for bashing Zeke 4.1 season average while finding Henry's 4.4 heroic.

Now....if Zeke were getting the same amount of carries....25 or so....you might see some significant stat difference. But at 10 or so per game...it's three friggin yards.

You zeke haters are hypocrites....and you choose deeper stats to rationalize it. "stacked boxes".

I have shown you PROOF...number of carries matter. When Henry gets only 13 (he might have been injured?...much like Zeke has been)...he sucks even worse than Zeke..

Now you change all that to say I said only Henry sucks. I NEVER said ANY such thing. They both will suck at 10-13 carries per game.

You are really bad at this.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
don't worry about it, dak is going on a 40-plus tear to prove his arm is good. you better buckle up for the sheer terror of those throws.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I have questions:
1) How is it Zeke is a power runner, yet has broken few tackles?

2) How is it Pollard has broken off big runs with Zeke not playing if he needs Zeke to "wear down" a defens

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
LOL...no dude....you are nuts I am NOT "criticizing Henry for his 4.4"...even thought you lied about 4.6. Excuse me...."mistaken". You are tyring to change what I said so you can argue on the internet. Nuts.

I am criticizing YOU....for bashing Zeke 4.1 season average while finding Henry's 4.4 heroic.

Now....if Zeke were getting the same amount of carries....25 or so....you might see some significant stat difference. But at 10 or so per game...it's three friggin yards.

You zeke haters are hypocrites....and you choose deeper stats to rationalize it. "stacked boxes".

I have shown you PROOF...number of carries matter. When Henry gets only 13 (he might have been injured?...much like Zeke has been)...he sucks even worse than Zeke..

Now you change all that to say I said only Henry sucks. I NEVER said ANY such thing. They both will suck at 10-13 carries per game.

You are really bad at this.

That’s not at all what you said.

You tried criticizing Henry for a 4.4 YPC and completely ignored Zeke’s 4.1 YPC.

You also glibly skipped over the big run breakdown (10+, 20+, etc.) between the two.

Why?

Because it clearly undermines your flimsy argument.

“Buh, Buh, Zeke jus ne3dz tha bAll mooRe!!!”

EA0-DCD99-ED84-43-CD-BFAB-9-C33360-D9-BA6.jpg

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score
Pulse check…

Everyone cool saying TP is the best back on the team now? 460+ total yards and 6 TDs last 3 games. Seems decent.

terra

Reaction score
snap count for a RB is for morons.

Its touches; or plays he takes hits or hits like pass blocking, etc.

THAT is what wears down a back

Not a stupid stat like snaps