Tony Romo Appreciation Thread

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The same Garrett that Romo was best friends with? I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons he stayed
qb's stay out of loyalty to the team , and it isnt easy to leave if your a star.
They cant just quit and go to another team.
I dont know that him and JG were best friends lol.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol you serious? Ware, White, and Martin are all Hofers/ future Hofer. Romo isn't, those guys were great not Romo
Your opinion. All good and much respect. I think Romo was one of the best QBs in the league through the peak years of his career. I think he played at a high level against really good teams, and at a time where I thought the division was pretty rough.

I don’t separate great players by hall of fame or not. I didn’t say he was a hall of famer either. I said he was great.

One measure for me of a great player is if they consistently are a player that the defense had to game plan against due to the threat. He was incredibly accurate, creative, make any throw, and was in the top echelon for movement inside and out of the pocket. That’s my opinion. He was threat 1 or 2 for the opposition D every time he stepped on the field.

I don’t need the hall of fame to distinguish what a great player is, or isn’t for me. Romo is every bit as good if not better than Art Monk was, Bob Griese, Ken Stabler, Harold Carmichael, and many more. I don’t think Romo is a HOFer. Not at all. But he was great to me. He ran and led this team and did half of Garrett’s job for him imo.

Last thing. There was a time recently where Romo had the 4th or 5th passer rating in history and was surrounded by Brady, Manning and Rodgers to name a few. That’s pretty damn good. Actually, to me it’s great.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You know who will be making an appearance in 3...2...1...

Funny how this guy says you're a hater if you don't love Dak, yet it was ok for him to 'hate' on Romo. Go figure....
You haters are the ones who have ruined this site. No fans whine, cry, insult and attack the way you Dak haters do for 8 years straight and counting. Period.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The last Romo appreciation thread was started Oct 8, 2023 the day after the blowout loss to San Francisco. Can’t understand how remembering Romo is going to make anyone feel better during low moments with the team. :huh: What exactly did we win with him? Where did he take us that Dak hasn’t?

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/tony-romo-appreciation-thread.515133/page-6

Let’s see if this cheers anyone up. lol

King Choker!

Most chokeful play in Cowboys franchise history, yet so many (not you) still worship him. lol

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How long has Romo been gone? I think all the appreciation he was ever worth has already been expressed. This thread now is overkill.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Romo brought me hope. As much as I love him we were always a day late and a dollar short it seemed. Funny how that Dez “non-catch” is basically like a microcosm of his career. Still my favorite Cowboys player of all time though! (Don’t kill me I’m only 30 lol)
I'm a heck of a lot older than you and he's mine as well. Don't really care what folks think about it.

visionary

Reaction score
LOL stop it
Romo underacieved just like Dak
Had plenty of opportunities that he wasted just like Dak
Never won anything meaningful just like Dak
Was here for the money and happy with that just like Dak
No better in my book
2 sides if the same fat and happy coin

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
LOL stop it
No better in my book
25 to 30 years from now fans will barely remember Romo and Dak ever played for the team. Staubach and Aikman will withstand the sands of time, but not those two.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Y'all should have left with Romo. Hollywood wannabe king choker.
You're gonna leave when Dak leaves, right? Romo loved the Hollywood spotlight, greedy Dak loves his money. What a great pair.........

Swagger

Reaction score
LOL stop it
No better in my book
Romo never had the quality of defenses that Dak has had for several years. Cowboys had no realistic shot of winning the Superbowl in 2014 because the defense was gash.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Romo was a good quarterback. He just came along in the prime of Rodgers, Brady, Manning, and Rothlisberger. Romo always seemed to have a problem with the NFC East, especially the Eagles/Giants.

visionary

Reaction score
Romo never had the quality of defenses that Dak has had for several years. Cowboys had no realistic shot of winning the Superbowl in 2014 because the defense was gash.
Stop it
Romo had plenty of great teams around him
He was happy to count his money and play out the string
His comments about “if this is the worst thing that happens to me ….” showed who he really was

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yet you had no problem ruining Dallascowboys.com?
I ruined it? Get your stupid facts straight dude. The female Administrator who was hired at the end who took 3 months to investigate years of how things were being run outright said YOU Romoholics were the ones who ruined that website. Y'all came running over here and have done the same thing here.