Video: Tony Romo, Be Brave

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Nothing ignorant about being aware to the fact that Tony has won 2 of 6 playoff games, a staggering 33% rate of success.
Thank you, good lad Blake from the Moors of the craggy Midlands.
I have always marveled at this legend who has led us nowhere in 11 years. Quite a long experiment in futility and gloomy Decembers.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
"Dez Be Real" by Dez Bryant
"When that moth-- -----r got to my sure hands
I knew there were bands
But no boundaries for da Dez inside of me
Who want to catch that moth-- -----r for my estate or me
At a rate
That be first rate ....."

Gator88

Reaction score
Nothing ignorant about being aware to the fact that Tony has won 2 of 6 playoff games, a staggering 33% rate of success.
Yeah, the other 52 players on the roster are just glorified cheerleaders. W-L is a QB stat because they are the only ones that can make a difference. Thanks for teaching me something I didn't know about football.

Blake

Reaction score
Yeah, the other 52 players on the roster are just glorified cheerleaders. W-L is a QB stat because they are the only ones that can make a difference. Thanks for teaching me something I didn't know about football.

The other players are a direct reflection of the leader, and the team was always complacent with Romo under center in my opinion. This is why they didn't show up for him in critical situations. Romo was not very focused in those early years, didn't take himself or his responsibilities seriously. Amazting how the team as a whole is playing almost mistake free football with Dak.

Gator88

Reaction score
The other players are a direct reflection of the leader, and the team was always complacent with Romo under center in my opinion. This is why they didn't show up for him in critical situations. Romo was not very focused in those early years, didn't take himself or his responsibilities seriously. Amazting how the team as a whole is playing almost mistake free football with Dak.
Meh, the team is still making plenty of dumb mistakes, such as Durant's face mask grab on the sack on 3rd and 15. I'd say the team reflects the head coach more than the leader, they are just usually aligned so that there isn't much of a difference there.

It is funny that's what you go to after putting Romo's playoff record entirely on his shoulders though. He was a poor example to his teammates is a lot less sensible vs realizing that the talent level of his teammates was subpar.

Blake

Reaction score
Meh, the team is still making plenty of dumb mistakes, such as Durant's face mask grab on the sack on 3rd and 15. I'd say the team reflects the head coach more than the leader, they are just usually aligned so that there isn't much of a difference there.

It is funny that's what you go to after putting Romo's playoff record entirely on his shoulders though. He was a poor example to his teammates is a lot less sensible vs realizing that the talent level of his teammates was subpar.

I was in the Marines...Im familiar with bad and good leadership. Romo was not a strict and disciplined enough leader imo...and you're joking if you think the QB has nothing to do with leadership on the field. Why even have team captains then?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
How about a video telling Romo to stop turning the ball over and if he gets another chance, not to screw it up this time!

drawandstrike

Reaction score

Yeah, not having a real defense or an offensive line that could make so he didn't spent 1/2 the passing plays running for his life back there has nothing to do with this. It's all on Tony.

We wouldn't have even BEEN in 6 playoff games if not for Romo, much less won 2 of them.

Amazing how some people look at the same data & make the wrong conclusion. "It's Romo who's been holding this team back."

rpntex

Reaction score
I was in the Marines...Im familiar with bad and good leadership. Romo was not a strict and disciplined enough leader imo...and you're joking if you think the QB has nothing to do with leadership on the field. Why even have team captains then?

To start with, thank you for your service, but that line of reasoning is a bit of a cop out. Otherwise, we'd be blaming Terrance Williams not going out of bounds, or Justin Durant's drive-extending face mask penalty, on Dak's "lack of leadership".

It just doesn't work that way all the time. There have been many times where Romo was the only one who actually did show up, and the Cowboys still lost. He had his share of screw ups, but if the mistake wasn't his, it wasn't a lack of leadership on his part.

Gabe

Reaction score
I could not agree with this post any more. I feel the same way too. I just walk away.
I agree, when someone makes a statement like "he has only 2 playoff wins and is washed up" or "his last two games had multiple pick 6s"... There is nothing to debate. It's best to just walk away and think about his QB Rating.