LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
1. Aikman
2. Staubach
3. White
4. Romo

First three were leaders of teams.

Last one can't lead team out of second round of playoffs.
Stop making excuses.
He is what he is. A Favre lite without sniffing a super bowl.

AzCowboysFan

Reaction score
What if it's a whole scam? They knew the season was ***'d, so they told Tony to roll on his shoulder and fake an injury. That way it's a legitimate reason to get a top 3 pick. Romo "heals up" comes back next season after having proper time to heal and the Cowboys have a really good draft. Romo comes back a hero. Am I crazy? Really that high? Is it possible the team is that smart? lmao :lmao:

Gameover

Reaction score
Come on man. Let's be honest. Troy is only in the hall of fame because he was the Qb on 3 SB teams. He had pretty good accuracy and he was a damn good leader. But when it comes to making plays and throws Troy never did that. He never took over a game or pulled a game out from behind for us. He had plenty of big games like today where he totally sucked.

I've watched and studied every cowboy game since about 1986. And I've went back and watched all the old games my dad has recorded or video of from the 60's and 70's that he has. Tony and Roger are very similar. Roger has a HUGE advantage over Tony at head coach. Most innovative football coach of all time vs an old parcells, dumbo phillips and freaking Jason Garrett. I mean dang. Give Tony some credit

322 yards at muddy candle stick not good enough for ya?

274 yards in the SB not enough?

332 yards vs GB not good enough??

177 , 2 td first half?

255 yards in another title game that prompts the other head coach to come over to your locker room and congratulate you.

Troy Aikman would've gone down as the greatest post season QB of all time had Jimmy stuck around for 2 or 3 more years.

At one point Aik was completing 68% of his post season passes(91-95) in a non QB friendly era!

Not the biggest Aikman fan, but in his prime, I take him over Romo. Better mental make up. Proofs in the pudding.

And I think Romo is a gift from the football heavens. It's amazing he's been as good as he's been. He's saved Parcells time in Dallas and he's made the Cowboys winners during his tenure(despite the propaganda from media and spoiled fans)

Last edited:

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
I cant do the "rank the Cowboys QB's" thing right now... This is about the worst time in the world to have this discussion... Ask me again when Romo's career is officially over... As for now, there's still that part of me that must cling to the slimmest of hopes that we still have not seen Romo's best days as a Cowboy...

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
1. Aikman
2. Staubach
3. White
4. Romo

Stop making excuses.

So Romo can't lead a team out of the 2nd round of the playoffs. How many HOF did Aikman and Staubach play with?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Unreal some folks think Romo better than Aikman.

Pretty sure Romo could have had success with those SB teams Aikman played on. Aikman's career qb rating was 81.6%. (btw I followed those 90s teams just as closely as now)

Fredd

Reaction score
instead of asking "Tony Romo best cowboy QB of all time"...how about "Is this the biggest Jinx thread in the history of this site?"

fifaguy

Reaction score
1. Aikman
2. Staubach
3. White
4. Romo

Stop making excuses.

Can't argue with this; there is a bottom line here for most of us...

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Really? Is that what he was doing when he was flirting with Jessica Simpson on the field during pre game or even worse, going to Cabo in '06 during the playoff bye when the Cowboys were 13-3 instead of studying other teams? Reminder: that's the same year the Giants came to our house and beat us en route to the Superbowl.

I'll never forgive Tony for that. To me, that was our year and it po'd me that the leader of our team decided to set the example by going to the beach insetad of staying out of the lime light and at least appearing to be preparing for the next team in the playoffs.

That's not someone who I think of as "gives every ounce of himself to this franchise".

No personal offense, I'm po'd right now but I still mean every word. Tony isn't "our" guy and never will be.

He was really immature back then. He's changed over the years.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Pretty sure Romo could have had success with those SB teams Aikman played on. Aikman's career qb rating was 81.6%. (btw I followed those 90s teams just as closely as now)

What you refuse to acknowledge is that Romo makes poor decisions.
So that answers your question. Romo would more than likely intercept his way out of those playoff runs that Aikman LED his team through.

Romo mayyyyybbbbeee gets one super bowl out of aikmans three.... Mayyyybbbeee.... I really don't think he can string together a playoff run to even get to super bowl. I say he gets no super bowl with aikmans teams. He's got a little bit of the BAD Peyton manning in him too!

The worst of Favre and Peyton = we've seen those disastrous results.

So Romo can't lead a team out of the 2nd round of the playoffs. How many HOF did Aikman and Staubach play with?

Romo has always played with less than stellar talent. Always. Yes it's true - NOT!

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Tough to rank these things because of the different eras. It's much easier to throw the ball in this era than any other. I don't get the need to disparage one qb or another.

Aikman played best when the stakes were highest. No denying that, he was a model of consistency in his prime.

Staubach had the flair for the dramatic, the comebacks,the never say die attitude. Respect from his coaches, teammates, and opponents.

Danny White was very, very good and probably suffered most from following Staubach. Didn't play well in the biggest games but also put the Cowboys in position 3 straight years to play for the Super Bowl.

My dad loved Don Meredith, but I never saw him play.

Tony Romo has been one of the best at his position for nearly a decade. He really mixes elements of all the above. Consistent like Aikman, flair for the dramatic like Staubach, toughness like Meredith, lack of big game success like White.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
322 yards at muddy candle stick not good enough for ya?

274 yards in the SB not enough?

332 yards vs GB not good enough??

177 , 2 td first half?

255 yards in another title game that prompts the other head coach to come over to your locker room and congratulate you.

Troy Aikman would've gone down as the greatest post season QB of all time had Jimmy stuck around for 2 or 3 more years.

At one point Aik was completing 68% of his post season passes(91-95) in a non QB friendly era!

Not the biggest Aikman fan, but in his prime, I take him over Romo. Better mental make up. Proofs in the pudding.

And I think Romo is a gift from the football heavens. It's amazing he's been as good as he's been. He's saved Parcells time in Dallas and he's made the Cowboys winners during his tenure(despite the propaganda from media and spoiled fans)

I don't dwell on the things that "could have been" much.... But Aikman was set to win 4 Super Bowls in a row.... I don't care what anyone says. It was there for the taking. (Those players said they left one or two Super Bowls on the table, Jerry and jimmy, if they had just played nice... More was there) I agree.

I like and dislike Jerry all at the same time.... But it's swinging more to dislike now.

Aikman 4 straight sb wins..... That would have been NFL supremacy, royalty.... We got fudged!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Tough to rank these things because of the different eras. It's much easier to throw the ball in this era than any other. I don't get the need to disparage one qb or another.

Aikman played best when the stakes were highest. No denying that, he was a model of consistency in his prime.

Staubach had the flair for the dramatic, the comebacks,the never say die attitude. Respect from his coaches, teammates, and opponents.

Danny White was very, very good and probably suffered most from following Staubach. Didn't play well in the biggest games but also put the Cowboys in position 3 straight years to play for the Super Bowl.

My dad loved Don Meredith, but I never saw him play.

Tony Romo has been one of the best at his position for nearly a decade. He really mixes elements of all the above. Consistent like Aikman, flair for the dramatic like Staubach, toughness like Meredith, lack of big game success like White.

Wow. That was accurate... Except "consistent like Aikman" ... Maybe if you are referring to spurts during regular season. Not the same though.

Everything else is spot on.