Tony Romo best Cowboy QB of all time

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The Cowboys had a great thing going last season and they not only didn't build on it but they allowed a key cog that fit the team perfectly to get away because they felt it was more the OL not the back. This forced Romo to have to go back to carrying the team and now with him injured again the Cowboys future is up in the air.

The jones boys fixed it !!!!!!! they always know best !
got rid of the wrong players, and kept the wrong coaches.

Romo was not ready to play a defense this good, what they do with their LB'S is pretty smart.
The 1st int was great play by the corner, and he was reading tony, which is easy with our vanilla offense.
Also if I am witten , and I see that guy coming into the area underneath me, I think I just run into him, then no int.
On the 1st int Dez made no effort to chase down the guy who would run it back for td.
He just stopped and talked to the defender lol, and witten also made little or late effort.
this is a reflection of the coaching.

Carolina is a better coached team and it showed today.

BigD5

Reaction score
The problem with your dream scenario is its rubbish and bs based on your wishes and magical mix and match era scenarios.

Romo plays in a complete different time and era where DBs can't touch WRs and teams run a spread offense. It's WAY different. There is a reason why Aikman and Staubach are HOFers. They played in a rough era where WRs got beat up and QBs too. They had to be accurate and the teams ran the ball do numbers were skewed. If you are younger than 25-30 you are clueless unless you saw Cowboys v Steelers in the late 70s or even White and Cowboys v 49ers in 80s. Different brand of football. Romos freestyle might have been disaster back then but we don't know. Your points hold no water because Romo has had plenty of games like today in big games. I love the guy but that's the truth

Come on man. Let's be honest. Troy is only in the hall of fame because he was the Qb on 3 SB teams. He had pretty good accuracy and he was a damn good leader. But when it comes to making plays and throws Troy never did that. He never took over a game or pulled a game out from behind for us. He had plenty of big games like today where he totally sucked.

I've watched and studied every cowboy game since about 1986. And I've went back and watched all the old games my dad has recorded or video of from the 60's and 70's that he has. Tony and Roger are very similar. Roger has a HUGE advantage over Tony at head coach. Most innovative football coach of all time vs an old parcells, dumbo phillips and freaking Jason Garrett. I mean dang. Give Tony some credit

BigD5

Reaction score
I love Tony too and while not my #1 favorite he is up there.

It's nice how well you speak of him.

Are you an older guy who grew up watching Staubach? My dad is mid 60's and he'd fight somebody over roger Staubach to this day. Wish I could have seen him play live

Staubacher

Reaction score
Are you an older guy who grew up watching Staubach? My dad is mid 50's and he'd fight somebody over roger Staubach to this day. Wish I could have seen him play live

Yes Roger is my guy I'm 50. Cried after his last game (the playoff loss to
Rams) and retirement. Tony is my second favorite QB of all time despite my respect for Aikman. Today I felt like while it likely isn't Romo's last game it is the beginning of the end. Sad.

BigD5

Reaction score
Rams) and retirement. Tony is my second favorite QB of all time despite my respect for Aikman. Today I felt like while it likely isn't Romo's last game it is the beginning of the end. Sad.

Awesome man. Wish Tony would've had a great coach paired with him his entire career

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

I just wish I had followed the Cowboys before I did. I wasn't really into football until the 1975 season. I didn't really have a team. It was Roger that really made me a Cowboy fan. I felt we could win any game with him behind center. He was one of the best.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Awesome man. Wish Tony would've had a great coach paired with him his entire career

Me too it would have made all the difference. Jerry let Sean Payton go who loved Romo (Jerrah actually encouraged Payton to go to NO because he had the "genius" Garrett).

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I just wish I had followed the Cowboys before I did. I wasn't really into football until the 1975 season. I didn't really have a team. It was Roger that really made me a Cowboy fan. I felt we could win any game with him behind center. He was one of the best.

I watched all of Rogers games and Tony has way more come from behind wins and it's not even close. And that's with worst teams around him. Don't believe me. Check it out.

perrykemp

Reaction score
I watched all of Rogers games and Tony has way more come from behind wins and it's not even close. And that's with worst teams around him. Don't believe me. Check it out.

Come from behind wins means they got behind in the first place.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Come on man. Let's be honest. Troy is only in the hall of fame because he was the Qb on 3 SB teams. He had pretty good accuracy and he was a damn good leader. But when it comes to making plays and throws Troy never did that. He never took over a game or pulled a game out from behind for us. He had plenty of big games like today where he totally sucked.

I've watched and studied every cowboy game since about 1986. And I've went back and watched all the old games my dad has recorded or video of from the 60's and 70's that he has. Tony and Roger are very similar. Roger has a HUGE advantage over Tony at head coach. Most innovative football coach of all time vs an old parcells, dumbo phillips and freaking Jason Garrett. I mean dang. Give Tony some credit

I'm a Romo fan but you showed your age and Honestly I'm calling bs on your claim to watch all the tapes of games from earlier games. That would take years of doing nothing. Aikman is getting a screw job by you. Sorry but the guy was part of an era with a rookie college HC and he had crap to start. He got beat!!Romo has had plenty of talent. I'm not a JG fan either but Jimmy was considered a joke to start too. It's all a matter of what the talent does in big situations and while I've been a Romo supporter he has had issues

Last edited:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I'm a Romo fan but you showed your age and Honestly I'm calling bs on your claim to watch all the tapes of games from earlier games. That would take years of doing nothing. Aikman is getting a screw job by you. Sorry but the guy was part of an era with a rookie college HC and he had crap to start. Romo has had plenty of talent. I'm not a JG fan either but Jimmy was considered a joke to start too. It's all a matter of what the talent does in big situations and while I've been a Romo supporter he has had jus issues

No team that Romo has been on was as bad as that 1-15 team Aikman had.

aria

Reaction score
I still love Tony Romo and will still pull hard for him to be successful. He is my favorite Cowboy ever. What he's overcome just to be in the position he is in is amazing. I give him all the credit in the world for what he's accomplished in life.

I've never wanted another player to have more success than I have Tony. He's tough as nails and gives every ounce of himself to this franchise
Really? Is that what he was doing when he was flirting with Jessica Simpson on the field during pre game or even worse, going to Cabo in '06 during the playoff bye when the Cowboys were 13-3 instead of studying other teams? Reminder: that's the same year the Giants came to our house and beat us en route to the Superbowl.

I'll never forgive Tony for that. To me, that was our year and it po'd me that the leader of our team decided to set the example by going to the beach insetad of staying out of the lime light and at least appearing to be preparing for the next team in the playoffs.

That's not someone who I think of as "gives every ounce of himself to this franchise".

No personal offense, I'm po'd right now but I still mean every word. Tony isn't "our" guy and never will be.

JS22

Reaction score
Romo has a bad game after (probably) being rushed back and (definitely) unfairly looked upon as some magical savior, and suddenly he's a terrible choker. On a team that was 0-7 without him. Against a 10-0 Panthers team with one of the best defenses in the league.

He has been carrying this disaster of a franchise on his back his entire career. A completely wasted career, mind you. It's a damn shame because he could have gone down as one of the greats. But the joke of a franchise that surrounds him never let that happen.

It's about time to move on though. I don't think he can last another season or two. The injuries are piling up. But I hope everyone enjoys 10 years of shuffling through former baseball players and the Ryan Leaf's of the world. Or even worse, Jerry finally getting his wish and bringing Manziel here.