Tony Romo would easily win the Super Bowl with this team

coult44

Reaction score
Romo never had a defense this good. Just D Ware and scrubs. Romo never had Zeke. Amari, Gallup, Hurns, and Beasley is a deep WR core. I am actually a Romo hater but even I can see the obvious.

Romo had his shots. He blew a couple himself. The team let him down a couple. And JJ and the org let him down a few times. It's on the past,move on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There was enough good players here to win a Super Bowl in 2007. That I know.
There was enough in 2007 to reach a Super Bowl. No doubt a major choke losing to NY who did get hot.

But I certainly wouldn’t have expected us to upset the Patriots like NY did.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There was enough in 2007 to reach a Super Bowl. No doubt a major choke losing to NY who did get hot.

But I certainly wouldn’t have expected us to upset the Patriots like NY did.
Its hard to tell. But Cowboys had no business losing to the Giants. I'm not understanding this notion that Romo would cure all.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Its hard to tell. But Cowboys had no business losing to the Giants. I'm not understanding this notion that Romo would cure all.
IDK if Romo could but our weakness is passing offense. Dak is a Gamer but lacks downfield passing ability. At some point it could cost us.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
IDK if Romo could but our weakness is passing offense. Dak is a Gamer but lacks downfield passing ability. At some point it could cost us.
Yeah but this playbook is essentially the same as it was then.......Romo wasn't doing 3 step drops and getting the ball out. He was buying time and freestyling out there. Chances are.....he too gets destroyed behind this same line and his body probably can't keep up.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah but this playbook is essentially the same as it was then.......Romo wasn't doing 3 step drops and getting the ball out. He was buying time and freestyling out there. Chances are.....he too gets destroyed behind this same line and his body probably can't keep up.
I’m not really interested in the Romo argument. All I know is we could use a more prolific passer. Romo was one.

And Dak needs to move around more extending plays . He often stays in pocket too long and doesn’t get the ball out fast enough .

Dak is a gamer and brings some assets. Downfield passing isn’t one of them. 3rd and longs we have no chance.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Look Guys. Let all just be honest and adult here. This “Tony Romo is God” BS needs to stop. Tony Romo was good. But not great. Yes. He made exciting plays here and there. But he also blundered away some games too. Those who say Romo would’ve done this or that are just speculating. Romo had way more than enough opportunities to compete in the postseason but never won anything more prestigious than a mere wildcard game. His teams are 2-4 in the postseason. He’s had some pretty decent teams in those playoff appearances so lack of talent is an invalid excuse.

To be honest, Romo simply was not good enough to carry the team as many suggest. If he carried the team, where did he carry us? Obviously not far, because in Tony’s 10 years actually playing we only went to the playoffs 4 times. And we’ve only won 2 wildcard games. Not division or conference championships. Wildcard games.... I’m sure a super elite quarterback such as you guys think of Romo to be should be able to at least carry a team further than that, right?
Be honest. He was a major part of the problem. He wasn’t the only problem or even the biggest problem. But he was in fact A PROBLEM. No one knows what Tony Romo would be able to do right now today. It’s all just silly, juvenile fantasy and speculation.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Romo never had a defense this good. Just D Ware and scrubs. Romo never had Zeke. Amari, Gallup, Hurns, and Beasley is a deep WR core. I am actually a Romo hater but even I can see the obvious.

Tony Romo Troy Aikman would easily win the Super Bowl with this team.

Fixed that 4 you. :p

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Not if you compare them at the exact same point and time of their careers. Romo was a bench warmer at this point.

FALSE

By this point in his third season Romo was already the starter and on his way to the pro bowl

BoysForLife

Reaction score
There was enough good players here to win a Super Bowl in 2007. That I know.

Well then Dak definitely better win one this year because other than quarterback, TE, and #1 wide receiver there isnt one position where the 2007 Cowboys were better than this team

keysersoze

Reaction score
I actually did research it using Pro Football Reference. They showed Romo's first season as 2004. I had what I thought was accurate info, but wasn't

My apologies. Was not intentional
No need to apologize. Just be sure to post accurate information while going to the extreme to provide excuses for your hero. Now that we’ve gotten that straightened out do you still think Romo was better at the same point in their respective careers? If not then you’d have to concur that Dak still has room to grow and improve.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
No need to apologize. Just be sure to post accurate information while going to the extreme to provide excuses for your hero. Now that we’ve gotten that straightened out do you still think Romo was better at the same point in their respective careers? If not then you’d have to concur that Dak still has room to grow and improve.

I apologize for the inaccurate statement but that doesn’t change my belief that Romo was a better quarterback. The fact that Dak is starting right now proves that he is better than Cooper rush. Nothing more and nothing less

I mean Aaron Rodgers sat the bench for three seasons behind Brett Favre. Do you honestly think if Rodgers had a chance to play that he wouldn’t have been better than Prescott at the same stage in their career?

If anything you are proving my point. Back is now in his third year starting yet still has a lot of the same foot work, pocket awareness, and accuracy issues that were glaringly evident from the beginning .

At what point do we quit “hoping” they’ll get better

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Romo had 2007. Very good defense who took the ball away from teams.

307 yrds allowed per game
318 yrds per game

46 sacks
33 sacks

19 int
8int

28.4 ppg
20.8ppg

The only stat that this team will be better at is ppg which is big but dont say Romo didnt have a good defense like this. Dallas had crazy turnovers in 2007.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Romo had 2007. Very good defense who took the ball away from teams.

307 yrds allowed per game
318 yrds per game

46 sacks
33 sacks

19 int
8int

28.4 ppg
20.8ppg

The only stat that this team will be better at is ppg which is big but dont say Romo didnt have a good defense like this. Dallas had crazy turnovers in 2007.

Living in the moment can have some overlook or forget how good some of the teams were around Romo. Don't get this need to prop up Romo as some legend by diminishing the talent and supporting cast around him. Especially when it comes to offense.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I apologize for the inaccurate statement but that doesn’t change my belief that Romo was a better quarterback. The fact that Dak is starting right now proves that he is better than Cooper rush. Nothing more and nothing less

I mean Aaron Rodgers sat the bench for three seasons behind Brett Favre. Do you honestly think if Rodgers had a chance to play that he wouldn’t have been better than Prescott at the same stage in their career?

If anything you are proving my point. Back is now in his third year starting yet still has a lot of the same foot work, pocket awareness, and accuracy issues that were glaringly evident from the beginning .

At what point do we quit “hoping” they’ll get better
Apparently those quarterbacks who’ve had the luxury to sit behind accomplished starters for a while learn by watching and taking notes. While those who are immediately thrust into a starting role have to learn on the fly. And your comparison of Aaron Rodgers has nothing to do with what Romo May have done. Because as we all know. Romo has never been on the level of Aaron. Dak is more than good enough to win with. You’d just personally prefer someone else. That’s what it is. And it’s ok. You’re free to feel what you want. But fortunately JJ doesn’t see it the way you all do. Dak is here to stay. He’ll be getting another contract soon. You don’t like it? Go support another team who has the type of quarterback you prefer.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Living in the moment can have some overlook or forget how good some of the teams were around Romo. Don't get this need to prop up Romo as some legend by diminishing the talent and supporting cast around him. Especially when it comes to offense.

defense DL had Ware 14 sacks Greg Ellis 12.5 sacks Ratliff, Hatcher, Canty and Spears. Thats a DL