Tony Romo would easily win the Super Bowl with this team

aaev84

Reaction score
I have seen Romo blow 23 point leads multiple times in the 2nd half. With THIS line, Romo would have thrown 3 picks and 2 pick sixes in the 2nd half and lost the game. Or he would have broken his back.
How many comeback wins does Dak have?

aaev84

Reaction score
I'll tell you this......his team lost to the Giants in 2007 and that Cowboys team was much better on paper.
Ill tell you this... That Giants team beat probably the greatest team the NFL has seen. At least if the Giants lose that game then the Patriots unseat the Dolphins, 85 bears, etc, etc.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ill tell you this... That Giants team beat probably the greatest team the NFL has seen. At least if the Giants lose that game then the Patriots unseat the Dolphins, 85 bears, etc, etc.
Ok but in that Cowboys game Giants were beatable.....they were nothing special that game.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I never thought Romo was an elite talent. Just short of it, like Stafford. That said, QBs don't win championships by themselves. Did Dan Marino and Dan Fouts choke under pressure? John Elway doesn't win anything until the team around him improved. Rodgers won his only super bowl appearance because he had a top 5 defense, otherwise he's too busy losing to Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick led teams. This year is the best defense Dallas has had in a very long time.
The irony of your reply is that every quarterback you listed took their respective teams to a conference championship at least. Some even went to Super Bowls and lost. Romo was nothing more than a wildcard champion. So all that bs about what you all THINK AND IMAGINE he’d do now is null and void. He had his chances and failed. Him and those teams failed. And YES! He was a part of those failures.

keysersoze

Reaction score
.....so would Don, Roger and Troy - as with Romo we cant get in a time machine and go back and get them when they were at their best.
Don’t forget Danny. He would win 4 in a row with Zeke and this defense. :muttley:

Flamma

Reaction score
The irony of your reply is that every quarterback you listed took their respective teams to a conference championship at least. Some even went to Super Bowls and lost. Romo was nothing more than a wildcard champion. So all that bs about what you all THINK AND IMAGINE he’d do now is null and void. He had his chances and failed. Him and those teams failed. And YES! He was a part of those failures.

What do I care about whether or not he reached a championship game if the end result was a loss? I've seen the Cowboys lose three straight NFC Championship games. They lost those three in a row because their opponent was better, not the opposing QB. QBs still need a pretty good team around them to succeed.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Romo had teams good enough to go to the Superbowl. Again no need to act like he was playing with scrubs and draft busts every season. Dak gets criticized if some of his supporters say that he needs certain talent around him or a specific supporting cast to be productive. And some will say that if Dak needs that, then he's not really a good QB.

But, then will say that Romo couldn't get to the NFC Championship game/Superbowl due to the lack of talent/supporting cast around him. And that a QB like Romo just needs the current Cowboys roster/supporting cast to make the Superbowl.

One can point out the passing stats advantage Romo has over Dak. But, it still doesn't change the fact on how some will question Dak if it's said that he needs certain parts around him to be productive. But, then will make a similar point in the favor of supporting Romo.

keysersoze

Reaction score
What do I care about whether or not he reached a championship game if the end result was a loss? I've seen the Cowboys lose three straight NFC Championship games. They lost those three in a row because their opponent was better, not the opposing QB. QBs still need a pretty good team around them to succeed.
Ok. So why is Dak criticized for his teammates doing their jobs? Every positive thing Dak does gets attributed to Zeke, Cooper, the defense etc. Kinda hypocritical don’t ya think?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Romo shirts are on sale tonight at NFL Shop. I ordered a Vander Esch Jersey instead. :muttley:
How come Romo couldnt win it with a HOF WR future HOF TE, and a defense that allowed less yrds had almost 3 times as many takeaways in 2007?

#3 overall offense
#2 scoring offense
#4 overall passing offense
#17 rushing offense

#9 overall defense
#3overall sacks(46)
#8 overall int (19)
#13th scoring defense(20.3) this yr dallas is giving up 20.6

Romo is gonna win it with this team but couldnt win it that yr?

keysersoze

Reaction score
How come Romo couldnt win it with a HOF WR future HOF TE, and a defense that allowed less yrds had almost 3 times as many takeaways in 2007?

#3 overall offense
#2 scoring offense
#4 overall passing offense
#17 rushing offense

#9 overall defense
#3overall sacks(46)
#8 overall int (19)
#13th scoring defense(20.3) this yr dallas is giving up 20.6

Romo is gonna win it with this team but couldnt win it that yr?
Yea. These Romo fantasizers are delusional.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The OP is not talking about the past, he stated, "with this team." I believe Romo would be clicking on all cylinders, slapping high fives, and kissing babies, due to the good times the Cowboys would be experiencing. Yes, he would throw a few interceptions and take a few sacks, but the ball would flowing all over the field, and Zeke would be piling up yards making Gurley envious.

DFWJC

Reaction score
No telling who could or couldn't win with any given team.

A bounce here or there, a slip, a broken route, a misread on one play...etc

So many better teams have lost a playoff game because, unlike in the NBA, MLB, or NHL, the NFL is a one game series each round.
The best team does not always win on that one day.
Sure makes it exciting though

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Romo's gone. He's not coming back. Whether or not he could win a SB with this team is a moot point.

Surely with a one game division lead, a big game coming up and other things going on we can find something else to talk about.

Loved Romo as a player, a Cowboys player and as a person, but his time is passed...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
This year is the best defense Dallas has had in a very long time.

Wouldn't go that far just yet. Yes the NO win was a huge defensive effort. But beating a Commanders team with backup McCoy, beating the Eagles with their missing a lot of defensive players, beating the Falcons who are currently a 4-8 team, a 4-8 Giants team and a 4-9 Jags team doesn't put them in elite status to this point.

It's a young defense that will probably get better, and there's not been a great defense for several years, yes, but overall I'm not willing to call them a great defense until they beat a couple more good teams....