Tony Romo would easily win the Super Bowl with this team

triplets_93

Reaction score
Romo shirts are on sale tonight at NFL Shop. I ordered a Vander Esch Jersey instead. :muttley:

keysersoze

Reaction score
Living in the moment can have some overlook or forget how good some of the teams were around Romo. Don't get this need to prop up Romo as some legend by diminishing the talent and supporting cast around him. Especially when it comes to offense.
Yea. It’s insane. These Lames will concoct a fairytale just to immortalize Romo. When in fact if he was that good fabrication wouldn’t be necessary

stiletto

Reaction score
Romo had many chances with a couple good D's. I don't think this good but even with Good D's the man was snakebit (and I was a big supporter). NOTHING was EVER easy about Romo getting over the hump. It was always something no matter how well things were going for him.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Romo had many chances with a couple good D's. I don't think this good but even with Good D's the man was snakebit (and I was a big supporter). NOTHING was EVER easy about Romo getting over the hump. It was always something no matter how well things were going for him.
:clap:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. He was truly less than stellar in big/important games.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really? How the heck can ANY Cowboys "fan" hate Romo? That guy carried this team for years. RoH soon to be. And SHOULD be HoF'er.

That being said, I think your initial assertion is correct.
What did he carry us to exactly?

keysersoze

Reaction score
I’m just wondering how old these Romo fantasizers are. They seem to be really young and most likely born in the late 80’s or early 90s. They either were too young or not born in time to appreciate the 90s Dynasty. This is why they’re so hung up on a quarterback who never won anything.
Look... Staubach is my all time favorite player. But I’ve never pounced on every Romo thread magnifying his faults just to claim Roger could’ve/would’ve done better. This bs is sickening and needs to stop. Since we are supposedly all adults here, we should have grown up football discussions without the “If Romo” BS. It’s tiring and juvenile

Flamma

Reaction score
He had good defenses from 2007-2009

Every year is different and I agree with the OP. But we don't have Romo. If Dallas could make a run in 2014 with that crap defense, this year should be a lock. And we'll get your fans that think dak is better than Romo just like you have people that think a Honda is better than an Audi. But hey, everyone has their opinion.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ive said this before, I live in NY and back when Romo was having good years and the team was playing well, all the Giants fans would say “Romo will choke like he always does” and when he ultimately did end up coming up short in the win and you’re in games etc., I heard it. Romo was a helluva good QB, but those who say he came up short under pressure and in big games have a really good point. For many non Cowboy fans, that is Romos legacy....choker.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Every year is different and I agree with the OP. But we don't have Romo. If Dallas could make a run in 2014 with that crap defense, this year should be a lock. And we'll get your fans that think dak is better than Romo just like you have people that think a Honda is better than an Audi. But hey, everyone has their opinion.
That’s a bs analysis. Romo had 10 years worth of chances. Made the postseason 4 times and won 2 wildcard games. Every elite quarterback I know has surpassed that level regardless to the supporting cast. Because that’s what elite quarterbacks do. They rise instead of folding under pressure. Romo was bad in high pressure situations. He always started slow and wound up with a turnover to seal our fate. You Romo fantasizers blames everyone else for the losses, but credit him alone for the wins. It’s the dumbest and lamest bs I’ve ever heard.

Flamma

Reaction score
That’s a bs analysis. Romo had 10 years worth of chances. Made the postseason 4 times and won 2 wildcard games. Every elite quarterback I know has surpassed that level regardless to the supporting cast. Because that’s what elite quarterbacks do. They rise instead of folding under pressure. Romo was bad in high pressure situations. He always started slow and wound up with a turnover to seal our fate. You Romo fantasizers blames everyone else for the losses, but credit him alone for the wins. It’s the dumbest and lamest bs I’ve ever heard.

I never thought Romo was an elite talent. Just short of it, like Stafford. That said, QBs don't win championships by themselves. Did Dan Marino and Dan Fouts choke under pressure? John Elway doesn't win anything until the team around him improved. Rodgers won his only super bowl appearance because he had a top 5 defense, otherwise he's too busy losing to Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick led teams. This year is the best defense Dallas has had in a very long time.

csirl

Reaction score
.....so would Don, Roger and Troy - as with Romo we cant get in a time machine and go back and get them when they were at their best.