Tony will be here even more when he's gone

erod

Reaction score
So you are saying, "Yellow Jacket" Witten, future Hof'er isn't better than Romo. Romo isn't Hof material, you are just Romo-worshiper.

Witten is a Hall of Fame tight end. Romo is an elite NFL quarterback. Tight ends aren't judged by championships like QBs. And quarterbacks have to be INFINITELY more mentally and emotionally capable to play in the NFL than tight ends.

erod

Reaction score
Exactly. Again, if the team happens to stink this season, it's not likely going to be because Tony isn't here. Our defense is the only thing I'm concerned about for this season.

Tyron Smith is lost for 6-8 weeks. Free regresses further. Collins still struggles. And the run game suffers.

How you feeling now?

Htown-Cowboy

Reaction score
A Freaking- Men! Jeez Louise!
Let-it-Go_0.jpg

robbieruff

Reaction score
The Cowboys had never been to a Super Bowl when Roger arrived, but yes, they were a good team. He was also 27 years old. Very different time, but point taken.

Dak inherited the best offensive line in the NFL, a Hall of Fame tight end, a pro bowl receiver and good corps of wideouts, and the NFL's leading rusher. Then, he did an excellent job of playing within himself and taking advantage. I will never take that away from Dak. However, growing pains still lie ahead. LOTS of them.

But this thread is about Tony, and what next season is going to feel like, more than anything.
Correct...1970 was first SB year...I was thinking about NFL championships but wrote this before my coffee...they were a GREAT team...not just good. Don't undersell the level of the squad Roger had. ;)

erod

Reaction score
The same way I would if Tony were under center in that scenario. Maybe even better since I'm not scared of Dak getting obliterated.

You're going to need more than just a bus driver if injuries happen up front and the running game goes south. Dak is 3-4 years from really getting it. I wish they could have talked Romo into staying.

I feel 8-8 coming unless they surprise us in free agency. That defense now has about 6-7 serious holes, not to mention the WR we need.

I'd feel a lot better if they'd re-sign Leary.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Either read it or don't. If you don't, fine, then just shut up. No need to be an ***.

I wrote a special paragraph about fans like you in there.
I don't care what you wrote honestly. We know you'll miss Romo. It was no different than the other several thanks Romo threads. I wasn't being an *** either.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Agree with every word. People can spin it any way they want and throw out their stupid "Bye Felicia" crap, but in the end the Cowboys took a giant step back today. Church gone, Romo gone, Leary gone, McClain gone, but hey we'll get a couple of 2018 5th round picks and Josh McClown to hang our hats on. Go Cowboys!

SDCowboy

Reaction score
You're going to need more than just a bus driver if injuries happen up front and the running game goes south. Dak is 3-4 years from really getting it. I wish they could have talked Romo into staying.

I feel 8-8 coming unless they surprise us in free agency. That defense now has about 6-7 serious holes, not to mention the WR we need.

I'd feel a lot better if they'd re-sign Leary.
If you honestly think Dak is a bus driver, then there isn't much to discuss on this subject with you anymore.

erod

Reaction score
Correct...1970 was first SB year...I was thinking about NFL championships but wrote this before my coffee...they were a GREAT team...not just good. Don't undersell the level of the squad Roger had. ;)

The Cowboys weren't truly great until that 1975 draft. That's when it came together for real.

erod

Reaction score
If you honestly think Dak is a bus driver, then there isn't much to discuss on this subject with you anymore.
Right now, he is. Elite quarterbacks don't have games like he did against Minnesota, New York twice, and Philly.

It's OK. I have great hope that he'll get there. It takes time.

erod

Reaction score
I don't care what you wrote honestly. We know you'll miss Romo. It was no different than the other several thanks Romo threads. I wasn't being an *** either.

Why would anyone comment in a thread without reading the OP? What is the point?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Right now, he is. Elite quarterbacks don't have games like he did against Minnesota, New York twice, and Philly.

It's OK. I have great hope that he'll get there. It takes time.
Are you even being serious now? Every QB has games where they either aren't good and/or don't put up big numbers. Especially a rookie. That isn't what makes a bus driver.