Tony will be here even more when he's gone

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
1) Whether we are 7-1, 4-4., or whatever without Romo, doesn't mean we would have been better with him. I actually expect a down year no matter what because of parity and the way the league works. Not out of playoffs low but not as good. Putting that on Romo's status is ridiculous since he has been missing since 2014.

2) You can't put your memories of 2014 Romo and younger into 2017. Not the same guy. That's Tony is gone. It's like me saying DiNiro will be this incredible actor in Meet the Fockers Part Tres because of Goodfellas. You can't swap proud memories for current situations.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
There's an off day, and there's what Dak did against New York and Minnesota. He was Brooks Bollinger bad. LOL

Being selective with your examples if you choose to exclude what he did against the Steelers or the Packers. He had shown multiple games last year he is much more than a bus driver.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
What do you call Romo's games where he would throw 3-5INTs, of which he is no stranger to in the slightest?

You've been told this once because you couldn't believe it to be true and it was again pointed out to you by another poster so here it goes again.

Romo has had these types of games LESS often than most quarterbacks as proven by his career INT percentage which is BETTER than Aikman, Staubach, Elway, Bradshaw and Marino and .2 of a percentage point behind Roethlisberger and Peyton Manning.

For the love of God please get it through your head that those bad days happen to everyone but it is not any type of career trend which you seem to think is.

Manning had a 6 INT game, Brady has thrown 3 INT's in two separate AFC Championship games - and won them both, which nobody else has ever done once.

erod

Reaction score
I wish Romo nothing but the best, I loved watching him. As exciting a player as the Cowboys have had. While it wasn't entirely his fault, the Cowboys failed to win big with him. A new era dawned for the Cowboys last year. I'm ready to move on.

That is the most salient post I've seen. Thanks. And I agree.

erod

Reaction score
How foolish this is. Tony 'won' 3 games in '15, and wasn't 'good' in any of those games. And he was dreadful in 2 of the 'wins'.

And those 3 were included in the only 4 they won. And one of them was with a broken collar bone. So......?

erod

Reaction score
1) Whether we are 7-1, 4-4., or whatever without Romo, doesn't mean we would have been better with him. I actually expect a down year no matter what because of parity and the way the league works. Not out of playoffs low but not as good. Putting that on Romo's status is ridiculous since he has been missing since 2014.

2) You can't put your memories of 2014 Romo and younger into 2017. Not the same guy. That's Tony is gone. It's like me saying DiNiro will be this incredible actor in Meet the Fockers Part Tres because of Goodfellas. You can't swap proud memories for current situations.

Can you milk me, Greg? LOL

SDCowboy

Reaction score
You've been told this once because you couldn't believe it to be true and it was again pointed out to you by another poster so here it goes again.

Romo has had these types of games LESS often than most quarterbacks as proven by his career INT percentage which is BETTER than Aikman, Staubach, Elway, Bradshaw and Marino and .2 of a percentage point behind Roethlisberger and Peyton Manning.

For the love of God please get it through your head that those bad days happen to everyone but it is not any type of career trend which you seem to think is.

Manning had a 6 INT game, Brady has thrown 3 INT's in two separate AFC Championship games - and won them both, which nobody else has ever done once.
The heck are you going on about? My whole point was that bad games happen to everyone. Maybe try reading my posts before ranting. I'm a huge Romo fan...

DandyDon1722

Reaction score
That is the most salient post I've seen. Thanks. And I agree.

It was a great post and I'll add that wherever he goes, that's two must-watch games for me the entire season next year.

DandyDon1722

Reaction score
The heck are you going on about? My whole point was that bad games happen to everyone. Maybe try reading my posts before ranting.

You said he's no stranger to 3-5 INT games and in fact he is.

The reason I get frustrated was that you have mentioned before about how turnover prone he is. I'm not attacking you personally because I really like your posts as much as I get frustrated with the false narrative that was pinned on him that I thought was long gone.

Okay - I'll relax

SDCowboy

Reaction score
You said he's no stranger to 3-5 INT games and in fact he is.

The reason I get frustrated was that you have mentioned before about how turnover prone he is. I'm not attacking you personally because I really like your posts as much as I get frustrated with the false narrative that was pinned on him that I thought was long gone.

Okay - I'll relax
I'm about as big of a Romo fan as I think one can reasonably be, and I feel pretty much any long time member here can tell you the same.

If I bring up Romo's turnovers, it's only to bring balance to a discussion that may need it. It's not out of any hate for Romo.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Understand your sentiments but I have a bone to pick with the assertion that Dak inherited the best situation ever by a young/rookie QB. In fact, in our own franchise's history, I would argue that Roger came into the absolutely best situation...yes, he had a protracted waiting situation due to his military service, but his rookie season saw him join a team with multiple all-pros and future HOFers, Doomsday peaking, and a FO that was poised to own the next decade in terms of talent acquisition led by revolutionary approaches and early on use of analytics. There's NO WAY anyone could objectively see Dak's entree into the league being a better situation than Roger's who had a team that had already been to a SB and multiple NFL championships and was still mostly intact. Love your posts but let's not go overboard on this point.

Yup. Russell Wilson inherited a much better position with an All-Time defense, as well... where he wasn't asked to do too much, just game-manage (he is now elite, but he didn't have to be off the bat).

Dak did not inherit the best "perch."

That's nonsense. @percyhoward, I will always remember, posted stats correlating Wilson's winning percentage when his Legion boom'd. It's absurd.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Interesting post, but again your assumption is that wherever Romo goes he is going to light it up, which he possibly could, but that hasn't always translated into consistent winning football. especially in the playoffs. The team he goes to better have good OL and defense, or its going to be his time in Dallas all over again. The problem last year was not the offense,even if Romo had played, it was the defense. Like someone posted before if we step back a bit next year its not because Romo isn't here anymore.

erod

Reaction score
Yup. Russell Wilson inherited a much better position with an All-Time defense, as well... where he wasn't asked to do too much, just game-manage (he is now elite, but he didn't have to be off the bat).

Dak did not inherit the best "perch."

That's nonsense. @percyhoward, I will always remember, posted stats correlating Wilson's winning percentage when his Legion boom'd. It's absurd.
I was referring to the offensive personnel he inherited.

How would he have done in Cleveland? Nobody would even be talking about him.

SDCowboy

Reaction score

It's impossible to say, but the skillset that makes Dak so great wouldn't change on another team. His accuracy, being a great leader, his off the charts poise, etc., don't suddenly go away on another team. Dak's biggest strengths, IMO, aren't team based.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

Even Cody Kessler can throw the ball over the linebackers heads once in a while...

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

That's a different narrative. How would Wilson have done in Cleveland?

We're talking about inheriting "the best cast a starting rookie could inherit," Erod. Not what said rookie would do on a dumpster roster. This is your narrative from your OP, mind you.

But with Pryor and a decent line, he wouldn't have been bad. They'd have their guy (just to humor you) for the next 10 years had they drafted Dak.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
What are the odds this post from another a Broncos forum is actually related to this thread?!

2guw9xg.jpg