Too early to bury Mazi

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mazi is the type you won't see much year 1. All raw muscle with very little technique and coaching untill he got to the NFL. Next year he begins to break out. Year 3 we see more of the pass rush potential.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It’s a what have you done for me lately fan base and I understand a first round pick is a first round pick . OSA even though he was a 3rd rounder I seem to remember a ton of complaints about him his rookie season . Bye week good time get the legs back hit the weights come back strong . How did Davis the mammoth tackle do his rookie yr in Philly .

The Chargers could not run the ball Monday night forcing a banged up QB to sling it around that space ship in LA . Kellen Moore inside the two wasn’t it has the QB get a 4th down pass knocked down by Bland in the end zone . That was a running play situation .
These Big Boys like Mazi need a bit of introduction to the NFL level, great 1 Techs are few and far between in the league these days and to have one that can play at a high level is hitting the lottery because most teams do not want to drop a first on that player.
Those teams that do, like our entire division, have been, we are trying to cut the edge tight with up and coming stars like OSA, we need to all start referring to Osa with some respect so why I threw up OSA.
We see how OSA has come into his own, and just wait till these two just start feeding off each other, our interior DL has developed quicker than most are recognizing.

eastcoastfan

Reaction score
BTW, where was the great Kellen Moore and his high flying passing attack? Dak and MM actually outperformed them. As much as fans wanna bag on MM and Dak for lack of style, we got it done and the stats show it. That was with a terrible line protecting Dak.. Tyler Biadiazz was the lone guy that had a decent night. Even Zack Martin had issues. I think he has a bum ankle still.
Glad we won but let’s not act like Allen wasn’t wide open on a couple misses

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Nobody should "bury Mazi"

But we don't have to stick our head in the sand either.

Half of 1st rounders are busts. If you HAD to "bet the mortgage" on whether Mazi will ultimately be a bust or a success....knowing that it was 50% at best before the season...which way would you go at this point?

Hmmmmm
If your weighing and evaluating Mazis ceiling based off his rookie season than you need to chill bro, BBQ more, go fishing, true NTs/1Ts are developed, the season is still young, especially for a rookie 1T... lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
Nah, preachin to the choir. 0 argument here. That was a fact. But the same can be said about Dak. Dak threw 1 great ball 2 MG which would have been a 40 yarder td. The other was just a bit off and would have been another long TD. I just think MM out coached KM. Even if Allen catches them balls. MM is calling the right stuff, its a matter of maximizing what he calls and executing them. We are close.

Rayman70

Reaction score
btw, we better fix the blown coverage issues fast. The Rams will take advantage and it may get ugly. DQ has to make sure we don't see Kupp running free all game and Nukua. Which is why I think we better utilize Izzy and think about adding a vet cb during the bye.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
If your weighing and evaluating Mazis ceiling based off his rookie season than you need to chill bro, BBQ more, go fishing, true NTs/1Ts are developed, the season is still young, especially for a rookie 1T... lol
I don't think u understood what I wrote.

Re-read the very 1st sentence

RonWashington

Reaction score
Nah, preachin to the choir. 0 argument here. That was a fact. But the same can be said about Dak. Dak threw 1 great ball 2 MG which would have been a 40 yarder td. The other was just a bit off and would have been another long TD. I just think MM out coached KM. Even if Allen catches them balls. MM is calling the right stuff, its a matter of maximizing what he calls and executing them. We are close.

Your right

Pass2Run

Reaction score
It’s a what have you done for me lately fan base and I understand a first round pick is a first round pick . OSA even though he was a 3rd rounder I seem to remember a ton of complaints about him his rookie season . Bye week good time get the legs back hit the weights come back strong . How did Davis the mammoth tackle do his rookie yr in Philly .

The Chargers could not run the ball Monday night forcing a banged up QB to sling it around that space ship in LA . Kellen Moore inside the two wasn’t it has the QB get a 4th down pass knocked down by Bland in the end zone . That was a running play situation .
They don't really put in any extra work or practice during a bye-week. Basically, they're just off with no practice or games.

As far as Mazi, he's playing fine. He just isn't going to ever be a stats guy. Hankins has been really good for us. I'm very happy to have him. But he and Mazi together have surely helped us against the run.

Last game, they averaged about 2 yards per carry.. I'd say that's an improvement over our previous year in run defense.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Nobody should "bury Mazi"

But we don't have to stick our head in the sand either.

Half of 1st rounders are busts. If you HAD to "bet the mortgage" on whether Mazi will ultimately be a bust or a success....knowing that it was 50% at best before the season...which way would you go at this point?

Hmmmmm
Wheres your unblocked footage? I told you you wouldn't produce that footage if your life depended on it.....nevermind a mortgage

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Wheres your unblocked footage? I told you you wouldn't produce that footage if your life depended on it.....nevermind a mortgage
Am I supposed to have some clue of who you are?

You obviously follow me closely.... but not to be mean but I have no idea who you are. I'm sure ur a fine person....just not very memorable I guess.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Yeah. You don't give on your first round pick; that's a given. However, when you have to make excuses for him so often it doesn't bode well. Not to mention he doesn't really play all that much.
You'd hope that, even if he doesn't standout, your first round pick shows some sort of sign, flash of things to come.

Played more on MNF I expect Quinn rotate him in more and more post bye week .

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Am I supposed to have some clue of who you are?

You obviously follow me closely.... but not to be mean but I have no idea who you are. I'm sure ur a fine person....just not very memorable I guess.
You said you had tape of mazi being unblocked majority of his snaps. Let's stick to your lies instead of the feminine comebacks, ok? Now.......where's the footage troll

exciter

Reaction score
But if 4 years go by the rookie deal is gone . At some point the light bulb has to come on . I’m surprised when Cooks and or Gallup take a play off on the sideline Tolbert is non existent .
There’s always outliers but most positions you start getting a contribution in year 2. Year 3 is when you really know what you got. Tolbert isn’t getting enough snaps to amount to anything… same as Williams. Williams got his sacks last year during the stretch where both Armstrong had a sprained knee and Lawrence was having a foot issue. At some point someone is going to miss some time and we’ll get to see these two players try to make some noise!