Too early to bury Mazi

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Mazi's been fine. "Average and kind of invisible" is how almost every stud NT's rookie season has went. It's just a slow developing position... that's an NT problem and not a Mazi problem.

Sam Williams is starting to look like a mental bust. The talent is there, but when guys start doing this "free me!" stuff publicly, it's like a death omen. Off my head, Taco did it and Mo did it.

If a guy is getting publicly frustrated like that on Twitter, you know he's been saying the same stuff in the meeting room. No doubt that NFL coaches are hard on guys doing poorly, but the basic message is "you're playing like crap, you need to fix X, Y, and Z." And instead of taking that coaching, the player's attitude is "nah, screw you, I'm a baller and you're the problem here."

If a guy's playing badly, and he's too entitled to earn playing time and work on his game, then he won't be an NFL player for long.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
My problem with Mazi is even if he develops into a better player it still won’t be very impactful.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think Mazi won’t be anything more than a serviceable player. Can’t see him becoming a great player. He may end up not even seeing a second contract with the team. He’s been a disappointment. I wasn’t expecting him to set the world on fire, but I was certainly expecting more than what we’ve gotten from him so far.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Mazi will not put up stats, I repeat he will not put up stats. Vince wilfork stats through his first four years in the nfl included 5.5 sacks. Hiloti Ngata through his first four years was similar.

Mazi is there to take up space. He will get better. As some have mentioned it's a position that develops slowly.

I like that Quinn is using him and Hankins together at times. I saw him in on a couple plays during the game I thought.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I wouldn't bury Mazi at anytime during his rookie season. His athletic traits are excellent. He will develop quite nicely.
This. Anyone who had different expectations is simply wrong. First rounder or not, writing any player off after the first 6 NFL games of his career is stupid, plain and simple. No NFL Coach would do this unless there is a career threatening injury.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
You said you had tape of mazi being unblocked majority of his snaps. Let's stick to your lies instead of the feminine comebacks, ok? Now.......where's the footage troll
Again...no offense....but I have no clue who you are, not saying you are unmemorable....buuutttt, heh, not for me to judge. While I don't blame you for stalking me (I AM pretty interesting), please stop sending me personal messages with insults.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s a what have you done for me lately fan base and I understand a first round pick is a first round pick . OSA even though he was a 3rd rounder I seem to remember a ton of complaints about him his rookie season . Bye week good time get the legs back hit the weights come back strong . How did Davis the mammoth tackle do his rookie yr in Philly .

The Chargers could not run the ball Monday night forcing a banged up QB to sling it around that space ship in LA . Kellen Moore inside the two wasn’t it has the QB get a 4th down pass knocked down by Bland in the end zone . That was a running play situation .
Interesting note, per PFF he has 50 pass rush snaps and 48 run defense snaps. So they arent playing him strictly VS the run

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
You would hope at least your top 2 picks would show some contribution and we get it with the DT position but this is an absolute disaster so far, especially when you see other top 2 picks doing their thing.

Cmac

Reaction score
....for a 1st rounder, there's hands on the shovel though.

coult44

Reaction score
Osa started off real good his rookie year then disappeared. He had a couple of sacks in his first four games. The only complaints were that it appeared he wore down as the season went on. He wasn’t making the plays later in the season that he did earlier in the season.
Hope you’re not expecting Mazi to get sacks , that’s not his job.

irishline

Reaction score
Glad we won but let’s not act like Allen wasn’t wide open on a couple misses
And let's not act like Gallup couldn't catch a cold. See the what ifs can run both ways, win or lose. We left possible points off the board as well.