Too early to bury Mazi

conner01

Reaction score
It’s a what have you done for me lately fan base and I understand a first round pick is a first round pick . OSA even though he was a 3rd rounder I seem to remember a ton of complaints about him his rookie season . Bye week good time get the legs back hit the weights come back strong . How did Davis the mammoth tackle do his rookie yr in Philly .

The Chargers could not run the ball Monday night forcing a banged up QB to sling it around that space ship in LA . Kellen Moore inside the two wasn’t it has the QB get a 4th down pass knocked down by Bland in the end zone . That was a running play situation .
We aren’t gonna have any read on him till the season is done. But mostly next year. Is he better the last game than the first? Has he improved season over season?
He is a physical freak that Quinn thinks he can mold into a player. If it can be done I trust Quinn to do. He is a master of putting players in position to succeed and finding what they do best. Give Quinn time and maybe he gets a player out of him. He’s never gonna be a double digit sack guy because it’s so rare for a player in that position to get huge sack numbers. But hopefully he can develop his reaction time to the snap which to me is his biggest weakness

shabazz

Reaction score
“That’s what she said”……but seriously, most of us knew he was gonna take some time.

180 out from the “out the gate”, Jalen Carter…….I’d give my 3rd cajone to have gotten him.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Hope I’m wrong…

But Mazi looks like a 1st round bust.

As a 4th or 5th, we could put up with it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This is like risen saying he hopes he's wrong about Dak. Just stop
I want our players to work out.

But Mazi looks like a bust.

He’s more of a late round pick than a 1st.

It’s not his fault. He’s just slow and lost.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
As a first round pick u would expect a contribution, which he hasn’t done at all yet. with that strength and skills he was said to have, you wouldn’t think there would be THIS much development needed, but we will see how he grows. If he’s still not cracking the starting line up next year and not playing much, then I really start to question him.

HungryLion

Reaction score
“That’s what she said”……but seriously, most of us knew he was gonna take some time.

180 out from the “out the gate”, Jalen Carter…….I’d give my 3rd cajone to have gotten him.
To be fair. Jalen Carter would have been the first non QB off the board if it wasn’t for the off the field Shenanigans

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So how much does anyone truly know about this defense? And what his exact role is for now.

And for those say he is slow getting off the ball. Maybe he really isn’t. Maybe he is a read and react for now, until natural instinct kicks in.
Or he is supposed to sit back and wait, take up space. Since his job is not pass rush.