Top 10 current NFL teams

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I agree with most of your list. I don't agree with Green Bay being the super bowl favorite. What's interesting to me is the Bucs, Packers, cardinals, Rams and Cowboys are pretty close, actually really close. It's going to come down to who gets the breaks, turnovers and momentum when we all play each other. Right now the Rams and Packers scare me the most. But Rams added cancer inducing OBJ. It may come down to who has home field between us and Green Bay. Good post, thought provoking.
Homefield is gonna be a Hugh factor!!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Definitely isn't a troll, just a mod wannabe.....

I respect everyone around here though....him included. Is what it is.
Understood but you don’t have to be a troll to troll certain topics or threads.

His initial post was totally false cause he didn’t see Bucs in Top 10. And then said head to head should determine rankings but wanted Dallas above Tampa. He’s all over the place and then just wants to dismiss everyone’s opinion. It’s either some type of trolling or sheer ignorance. Lol

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Argue? I simply stated my opinion of what the list represented. The point of the post is for people to comment on who they think are the 10 best teams. No argument needed.
But that's what it becomes. I offered the top 10 mathematical teams but everyone wants to dispute it with purely personal biases.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But that's what it becomes. I offered the top 10 mathematical teams but everyone wants to dispute it with purely personal biases.
No, personal opinions which could include some biases. That’s what we do here in a forum setting. Try to embrace the concept or move on. Geeeze

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We don't need any discussion to go look at a list of win% leaders. The idea of the thread, I'd guess, is who are the strongest teams in the league right now, who you think is most likely to win the whole thing. As a Cowboys fan, if I had to choose who we're playing in the SB(assuming we want the easier path to victory) there's no way I want to play the Chiefs instead of the Steelers. Cheifs/Steelers is actually the perfect example, because yes the Steelers have a slight advantage in win% but you'll find very few people who would take the Steelers over the Chiefs in a playoff matchup.
You don't like the thread topic as written so you are making up your own parameters to discuss? Go start your own thread if you don't like how this one is framed for discussion. What you are doing is called derailing and getting on a tangent.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No, personal opinions which could include some biases. That’s what we do here in a forum setting. Try to embrace the concept or move on. Geeeze
Yes yes, just make it up as you go along. Screw the framework of the thread topic as written and just make up your own parameters for the discussion. :rolleyes:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. Packers
2. Titans
3. Cardinals
4. Cowboys
5. Rams
6. Patriots
7. Bucs
8. Bills
9. Chiefs
10. Steelers

I think the Packers have this Super Bowl. They have the best defense, or at least best coached defense and probably the best coaching staff in the league.

Good initial list. The race for the playoffs starts now as we begin the back half of the season. We will demolish the packers if we see them in the playoffs. mark it down.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We don't need any discussion to go look at a list of win% leaders. The idea of the thread, I'd guess, is who are the strongest teams in the league right now, who you think is most likely to win the whole thing. As a Cowboys fan, if I had to choose who we're playing in the SB(assuming we want the easier path to victory) there's no way I want to play the Chiefs instead of the Steelers. Cheifs/Steelers is actually the perfect example, because yes the Steelers have a slight advantage in win% but you'll find very few people who would take the Steelers over the Chiefs in a playoff matchup.
Right

Apparently he just wants a top 10 based on record with no personal opinions involved. Basically a locked thread . Lol

It’s just his way of discounting other opinions. Typical troll like behavior spinning facts to support his view.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes yes, just make it up as you go along. Screw the framework of the thread topic as written and just make up your own parameters for the discussion. :rolleyes:
That’s what we do in a fan forum as topics often go in in different directions. But not like it’s not related .

And you don’t like the basis of thread anyway. What do you care? Lol

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That’s what we do in a fan forum as topics often go in in different directions. But not like it’s not related .

And you don’t like the basis of thread anyway. What do you care? Lol
I posted the top 10 teams by win percentage. If others want to argue with the math then they are free to introduce their own biases to the discussion. I just don't see how you argue with rock-solid math.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right away, I can think of 10 right away. 5 from each conference

Not in any order
NFC: Cowboys, Rams, Bucs, Packers, Cards
AFC: Titans, Bills, Pats, Chiefs, Ravens

that's 10......maybe I left out an obvious one, not sure...maybe the Vikes.
Raiders and Bengals have fallen off some.

OMG he listed the Cowboys first. :flagwave:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I posted the top 10 teams by win percentage. If others want to argue with the math then they are free to introduce their own biases to the discussion. I just don't see how you argue with rock-solid math.
It’s called opinions . There’s nothing else that needs to be introduced. You base your on records. We get it. Not everyone does.

Much like in college rankings. Records aren’t the absolute determination.

JustChip

Reaction score
Very late January, pushing February.

I'm not up for Ice Bowl 2....and I dont know if I can deal with losing to them yet again.
The league is different now. They wouldn’t play the game in those conditions today. Or anything close to those. Didn’t they move a Buffalo game in the past few years because of extreme weather?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It’s called opinions . There’s nothing else that needs to be introduced. You base your on records. We get it. Not everyone does.

Much like in college rankings. Records aren’t the absolute determination.
The collegiate ranking system has always been a mess. Let's not get tangled in that. The thread top as written is "top 10 current NFL teams", not favorite teams, or anything else. You want to change the topic then go start your own thread. The word "current" suggest the fluid nature of the rankings from week to week means the math matters.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The league is different now. They wouldn’t play the game in those conditions today. Or anything close to those. Didn’t they move a Buffalo game in the past few years because of extreme weather?
No, there is no clause for moving bad weather playoff games. I can’t imagine .

But they did move a regular season game back in 2014 to Detroit because Jets couldn’t fly in due to weather which immobilized the city.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The collegiate ranking system has always been a mess. Let's not get tangled in that. The thread top as written is "top 10 current NFL teams", not favorite teams, or anything else. You want to change the topic then go start your own thread. The word "current" suggest the fluid nature of the rankings from week to week means the math matters.
Your top 10 doesn’t rely on opinions, only records. We got it. Drop your mic and move on so the rest can discuss their opinions. Otherwise it comes off like your attempting to control the dialogue or simply troll the thread cause others disagree.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
patrio
1. Packers
2. Titans
3. Cardinals
4. Cowboys
5. Rams
6. Patriots
7. Bucs
8. Bills
9. Chiefs
10. Steelers

I think the Packers have this Super Bowl. They have the best defense, or at least best coached defense and probably the best coaching staff in the league.
patriots at 6!!! I think you are over rating the pats....