Top 10 current NFL teams

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
True you can only beat who’s on your schedule but an easier schedule could provide an explanation into why we might not rank them as high as they aren’t as tested.

For example I’d rank the Vikings higher than their 4-5 record because of their tough schedule .
:rolleyes: I bet you like college football where the strength of schedule is a bigger deal. This isn't that in the pros.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You are such a prisoner of the moment. The Chiefs suck this year. Dominating the Raiders doesn't change that fact. They are a bad team. You'll be surprised when the Cowboys kick the crap out of them next week.
I wouldn't say they suk. They don’t appear as strong as previous years . They could still be a tough out in the playoffs. We shall see.

I don’t hold a Crystal ball. But I do put more into not only a teams recent history but how they’re currently playing.

Teams get hot. And or gets in slumps. Not to mention taking into consideration injuries. Several contributing factors play into the moment .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
:rolleyes: I bet you like college football where the strength of schedule is a bigger deal. This isn't that in the pros.
And why we don’t do rankings in the NFL. But if you do or in this type of subjective theatre , then yea it’s part of the equation.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Did you really just say that? LOL You should always be rewarded for wins. This is the NFL where any given Sunday anyone can beat anyone.
So you think beating the Jets or Jags should be looked at in the same manner as beating the Rams or Bills? OK. LOL. All I’m saying is all wins aren’t created equally. They mean the same thing in the standings, but you’re talking about ranking teams in this thread. So absolutely, the opponents matter in this context.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I wouldn't say they suk. They don’t appear as strong as previous years . They could still be a tough out in the playoffs. We shall see.

I don’t hold a Crystal ball. But I do put more into not only a teams recent history but how they’re currently playing.

Teams get hot. And or gets in slumps. Not to mention taking into consideration injuries. Several contributing factors play into the moment .
Of course you wouldn't say they suck. Your worship of Mahomes blinds you to how bad they are. Good teams don't get spanked the way the Cowboys will spank the Chiefs... just wait and see. ;)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So you think beating the Jets or Jags should be looked at in the same manner as beating the Rams or Bills? OK. LOL. All I’m saying is all wins aren’t created equally. They mean the same thing in the standings, but you’re talking about ranking teams in this thread. So absolutely, the opponents matter in this context.
Right!

Is going 6-0 in our division as impressive as stronger divisions ? I don’t think so. Do they count the same . Of course .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course you wouldn't say they suck. Your worship of Mahomes blinds you to how bad they are. Good teams don't get spanked the way the Cowboys will spank the Chiefs... just wait and see. ;)
Actually I’m not a Mahomes Homey. I’ve often stated he’s over rated .

But as I look around the AFC they could still have something to say about it. History and experience matters in 1 game elimination format.

And if good teams don’t get spanked how do we explain last week ?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
All wins are created equal, they are just one win at the end of the day and are all counted the same.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score

But as I look around the AFC they could still have something to say about it. History and experience matters in 1 game elimination format.

Not to mention they’re now at the top of their division even though they haven’t played great.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
All wins are created equal, they are just one win at the end of the day and are all counted the same.
No they’re not. Not when it comes to ranking teams. Did you even read my post? If so, did you understand it at all?

75boyz

Reaction score
They are a tough, well coached team. QB isn't the issue. Losing King Henry along with WR health issues is their biggest weakness. I agree they will likely struggle to maintain .... but for different reasons.

Good and more accurate post. Agree.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Officially they are except in tie breaking situations.

But any fan or analysis should take schedule into effect much like how they played the games.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
If you want to look at it in this manner, there is absolutely zero point of having a ranking list (which admittedly mean nothing in the end). Based on how you want to look at it, there’s no need to do anything other than look at the standings. Why have or discuss a list of rankings then?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

That was an outlier...Denver beating Dallas. We are talking about your perception of the Chiefs being a good team vs the Cowboys being a good team. If that perception is correct as I believe you think it is, it should be a hard-fought close game. But it won't be because the Chiefs will do exactly what they've done all season when matched up with a superior team... they fold.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Officially they are except in tie breaking situations.

But any fan or analysis should take schedule into effect much like how they played the games.
How far down the line of tiebreakers is SOS? It's way down there.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How far down the line of tiebreakers is SOS? It's way down there.
You said all wins are the same. But they aren’t. Conference and divisional wins carry more weight in tie breakers.

You’re either just intentionally being confrontational or unaware of tiebreakers?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No they’re not. Not when it comes to ranking teams. Did you even read my post? If so, did you understand it at all?
Why do you do that? Attack the poster rather than the post. The civil discussion has seized and we can now just exchange insults. No thank you.