Twitter: Top 5 QB's in Cowboys history according to Brandt, Sham, Laufenberg, etc

garyo1954

Reaction score
Who owns the longest pass in NFL history (not counting) with no YAC?

(That should make it more clear or unclear, or on this board nuclear)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Staubach would be killed on this message board for his performance in the SBXIII.

I’ve never seen one fan on this message board kill Staubach for that performance. The player who gets killed for their performance in that Super Bowl is Jackie Smith.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I watched the game live. It’s obvious you didn’t grow up watching Roger Staubach. He didn’t choke in big games and he didn’t choke in that Super Bowl. We never even sniffed a Super Bowl with Romo which is one of the reasons he got killed by fans. He got killed because of untimely turnovers in critical situations that created a stigma he could never overcome. A QB who won two championships for this franchise and played in 4 Super Bowls isn’t going to get killed by this fan base. The last 25 years has frustrated this fan base.
I fear you are not understanding my point. Let me try to rephrase and see if it makes sense.

If Romo or Dak played a game today, they would get killed for that exact same performance. You do read these message boards, right?

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I fear you are not understanding my point. Let me try to rephrase and see if it makes sense.

If Romo or Dak played a game today, they would get killed for that exact same performance. You do read these message boards, right?

They would be killed on these message boards because they haven’t won anything. We never even sniffed a Super Bowl with Romo and haven’t come close with Dak. They don’t have the resume Roger Staubach has. Staubach was playing against one of the all-time great defenses and teams in that Super Bowl and despite your criticisms he played pretty well. Smith dropped what would have been 4 TD passes in that game. There’s going to be some mistakes by a QB against a great team. Bradshaw made mistakes, he had a turnover that turned into six points. What killed us in that Super Bowl was an early fumble on the first drive when we were moving the ball. It led to a Steelers TD. The phantom PI on third down against Benny Barnes. That led to a Steelers TD and Randy White’s fumble on a KO return that also led to a Steelers TD.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
They would be killed on these message boards because they haven’t won anything. We never even sniffed a Super Bowl with Romo and haven’t come close with Dak. They don’t have the resume Roger Staubach has. Staubach was playing against one of the all-time great defenses and teams in that Super Bowl and despite your criticisms he played pretty well. Smith dropped what would have been 4 TD passes in that game. There’s going to be some mistakes by a QB against a great team. Bradshaw made mistakes, he had a turnover that turned into six points. What killed us in that Super Bowl was an early fumble on the first drive when we were moving the ball. It led to a Steelers TD. The phantom PI on third down against Benny Barnes. That led to a Steelers TD and Randy White’s fumble on a KO return that also led to a Steelers TD.
Then perhaps we are just too critical of our QBs these days.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Look who White had for a coach verses Romo.
Old Tom Landry..........

People keep making all these excuses for Romo. He failed in the playoffs and wasn't better than White no matter how much you guys make excuses.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Then perhaps we are just too critical of our QBs these days.

I’m not the one who’s too critical of our QBs these days. I’m not the one who wants to move on from Dak and replace him with a scrub. I wasn’t me who wanted to move on from Romo when he was up for his big contract.

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
what that shows is Romo with less talent and coaching around him performed at a high level and the team lost.. same with Aikman most years surrounded by what 12 HOF players and a HOF Coach? ROmo was great in my eyes , he passed every eye test from the QB postion so what of you hang all losses or lack of success on him, some of us see through that and its our choice to rank Romo up there with the greats..
Romo had plenty of talent so this nonsense needs to stop. He failed in the most important games, just look at win and go home games. In your opinion you can love Romo all you want but he doesn't compare to cowboys greats and those are just the facts.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I’m not the one who’s too critical of our QBs these days. I’m not the one who wants to move on from Dak and replace him with a scrub. I wasn’t the one who wanted to move on from Romo when he was up for his big contract.
I didn’t say you were. My point is the board is overly critical of our QBs and you were hell bent on defending Roger. It’s all good,man.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I didn’t say you were. My point is the board is overly critical of our QBs and you were hell bent on defending Roger. It’s all good,man.

I just want to be clear that I’m not part of that group that’s being too critical of our QBs.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Maybe after Prescott isn't playing in Dallas he'll get propelled into legendary status like Romo

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Old Tom Landry..........

People keep making all these excuses for Romo. He failed in the playoffs and wasn't better than White no matter how much you guys make excuses.
Old Landry? Talk about excuses, go look in a mirror. Romo was ten times better than White, we’re waiting for you to give any kind of justification of that besides drooling about QB winz. Time to crawl back under your rock, Boomer. You’re done here.

jnday

Reaction score
Romo choked before even getting to an NFC championship. Only snowflake fans think he was great.
Romo did try to do too much in tight situations early in his career, but towards the end of his career, he was as good a QB in late comebacks as any QB in the league. You can call him a choker , but with the records he set for 4th quarter comebacks, it would not be accurate.. I used to criticize him a lot early in his career for making some bad decisions, but he matured a lot over the years. He also wasn’t put into a position where he had to carry the entire load late in his career. He definitely deserved to be in the top five Cowboy QBs over a QB that hasn’t played more than four years and has been ranked as a second tier QB for most of his career.

jnday

Reaction score
With the current QB friendly rules, Roger, Don, And even Troy would be unbelievable with the numbers that they would put up. Every rule passed in the last decade has been made to make the passing game easier which leads to inflated numbers and it makes it impossible to compare modern QBs with the QBs of the past.