Top WR duos in the NFL

Macnalty

Reaction score
Don't worry. Once we add Beckham we won't be on that list next year, either.

I won't be surprised, though, if Gallup bounces back some a year removed from surgery. Don't know, though, if he was ever going to be a great No. 2. I think he's more of a great No. 3.
I agree time will make a huge difference to his recovery, not so much physically but mentally trusting that joint again.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Gallup had surgery to repair ligaments not to mention a broken femur. The last should heal nicely. It’s the ligament damage I’m concerned about. And I don’t think anyone is clamoring for 2 #1’s but a solid, dependable #2. They did not have that last year.
you mean Pollard, hes the one with broken bones and a separated high ankle sprain. LOL Galup will be 100% and hopefully back to himself. He had simple cleanup after this season he will be full go at Training camp and PS which is important. he will be a solid 2 but don't expect a Dhop or a wr that needs to be traded for and paid 20+mil..not happening the cap is far too tight.. there are names out there to add nice solid vet ..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah while I agree with your premise, let's not pretend they don't have one of the most talented qbs to ever play the game.
Yes but they won that SB with a OL and Run game that 2nd half they ran over the eagles and beat them at their own game ie Reid is huge part of why that type of offense can work efficiently with less big names of course 15 makes a difference BUT...we have a true 1 and with strong run game and commitment to being more physical up front our QB and Wrs can be far more efficient. cant be one dimensional and win games against teams in the playoffs lie the 9ers..

we lost because we had an OL that got ouched around, no run game, abandoning the run and it made it easy to make our pass game look bad.. they forced the issue 2 straight years and our OC had no answer,., he gone..,

I believe MM will have a better pan for those types of games.

Reactions: CWR

dfense

Reaction score
Lol, Thielan killed me in fantasy. His longest catch was 16 yards.

Sydla

Reaction score
Ah no…….I’m the guy who told you lamb was a true number one. I’m also the guy that said we would be fine with the Weapons we had. Pollard was a big reason for that. I can’t control how the coaching staff continues to use him sparingly. Cowboys had the #1 scoring offense in football. They were fine.

Now Gallup disappointed and so did Tolbert. In that respect I under evaluated.

We need more weapons to win it all. But then my evaluation was not about winning it all.
Except we weren't fine. The WRs were hit or miss after Lamb. Tolbert, a guy you said would fill a hole, was a non factor. They had to add a WR halfway through the season again because they knew they were short on weapons at wideout.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Except we weren't fine. The WRs were hit or miss after Lamb. Tolbert, a guy you said would fill a hole, was a non factor. They had to add a WR halfway through the season again because they knew they were short on weapons at wideout.
Cant help it that some guys got hurt or were used improperly. Cant predict that. They were "fine". They just werent good enough to win a championship. Werent good enough with THIS Oline, THIS run game. And werent good enough with FAILING to properly use Pollard more in the passing game.

The weapons we had on this offense were good. Some were just used improperly, not used at all, and the Oline and run game put them in bad situations.

Turpin was a perfect example. He wasnt used at all in my mind he is a great offensive weapon.

Tolbert to me was the biggest disappointment. Had he developed into a viable 3rd WR then we had plenty of firepower with Pollard being featured and a guy like Turpin.

Those that thought the offense would crumble and not be able to score enough were wrong. With Dak they were still the #1 scoring offense in the NFL.

But I do agree that if we are going to win it all, more firepower is needed. But again, firepower doesnt work if the Oline cant block.

CWR

Reaction score
Yes but they won that SB with a OL and Run game that 2nd half they ran over the eagles and beat them at their own game ie Reid is huge part of why that type of offense can work efficiently with less big names of course 15 makes a difference BUT...we have a true 1 and with strong run game and commitment to being more physical up front our QB and Wrs can be far more efficient. cant be one dimensional and win games against teams in the playoffs lie the 9ers..

we lost because we had an OL that got ouched around, no run game, abandoning the run and it made it easy to make our pass game look bad.. they forced the issue 2 straight years and our OC had no answer,., he gone..,

I believe MM will have a better pan for those types of games.

Fair, and we all knew we were screwed when TP went down.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Please point to me where KCs receivers are on that page?
If they included TEs, I’ll guarantee Kelsey and someone would have made it….lol
If we had Kelsey and Ceedee, I’d be happy to run Gallup and Hilton out there as JAGs.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Please point to me where KCs receivers are on that page?
I think there are a few QBs who transcend. No roster building rule is absolute; you’ll find an exception here or there. Brady had won a lot of games with garbage at WR. And Mahomes has done magic this year after losing Hill. Unless the point is “let’s just make our QB Pat Mahomes!” Then it’s a pretty glaring outlier.

Even Burrow probably goes nowhere without Chase and Higgins, and he’s widely regarded as the second best QB on earth

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I think there are a few QBs who transcend. No roster building rule is absolute; you’ll find an exception here or there. Brady had won a lot of games with garbage at WR. And Mahomes has done magic this year after losing Hill. Unless the point is “let’s just make our QB Pat Mahomes!” Then it’s a pretty glaring outlier.

Even Burrow probably goes nowhere without Chase and Higgins, and he’s widely regarded as the second best QB on earth
I would absolutely concede that Burrow benefits from having Chase and Higgins

I would also contend adamantly that they benefit in a greater fashion from having Burrow tossing the ball their way.

In a round about way I guess I'm saying that Lamb probably elevates Dak a lot more than Dak elevates Lamb.

As far as Mahomes yes he's a different category than everyone else. No argument there. But Dak demanded --and got-- a contract comparable to Mahomes. Not identical money but certainly in a nearby zip code

I don't think anyone expects Dak to be Mahomes but the gap in performance and results should be a lot closer than it is based on the similarity in how they're compensated

cnuball21

Reaction score

I don’t know why fans don’t get this.

Even after Mahomes lost Hill he wasn’t playing with an empty cupboard. Top OL, his #1WR is Kelce who is elite, JuJu (2nd rounder) as # 2 and then a few others that were early draft picks.