Touchdown Celebrations

VACowboy

Reaction score
********. I reached my limit with the hiding seek thing a few weeks ago.
me too, and the stupid duck duck goose thing. These aren’t celebrations. They’re choreographed performances, and they keep getting lamer. I don’t care whether they do them or not. I just think they’re dumb. To me, a player with a signature move is completely different. I wouldn’t even mind something like the Washington fun bunch from back in the day, but these mini dramas that are starting to take place after every single touchdown are just dumb.

Satchel89

Reaction score
I just think it's kind of weird that Kelce would do such a planned celebration like that with 10 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter. Good for him, He scored a touchdown and then his team lost the game. The players should be allowed to celebrate though. We already know if that wasn't the case, The Refs would find a way to penalize the Cowboys after every touchdown.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of them have been lame.

However you have to figure that many won't do anything remotely close to something the league might fine them for or the refs might call as a penalty...so now they are regulated to putting up romper room antics like a sack race.

robbieruff

Reaction score
I don’t know about you but when Travis Kelce and company pulled that sack race touchdown celebration, it was just too much.

I wouldn’t have liked it had anyone on our team tried pulling it either.

Nothing is worse than atypically long, contrived and juvenile post TD celebrations.

It would have been awesome had one of our LBs ran over there and speared Kelce (Goldberg style) right in his gut.
I have to agree with you...all for creativity but that was supremely lame on every level...best way of stopping them would be to prevent touchdowns. ;)

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Loved the sack race! Glad they are allowed to do it. Just fun

Proximo

Reaction score
I don’t know about you but when Travis Kelce and company pulled that sack race touchdown celebration, it was just too much.

Nothing is worse than atypically long, contrived and juvenile post TD celebrations.

It would have been awesome had one of our LBs ran over there and speared Kelce (Goldberg style) right in his gut.

One of the 1st things I thought- glad our team isn't doing that dumb **** after they score.

plymkr

Reaction score

Sack Race, that's what they were doing? I thought they were acting like bunny rabbits and couldn't figure what metaphor I was missing.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

I loved it. Hope they do alot more of these. Football should be fun.

Sepia

Reaction score
I prefer dancing. A lot of the recent ones are uninspired, yet harmless. A few have been creative and cool, referencing things like Dragon Ball Z and Star Wars.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Says the old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn. BTW..."Goldberg Style"? Nothing says below average IQ like a wrasslin' fan! What a dink.

You don't have to be old to think it was dumb. I liked the Risard Matthews surfboard celebration.

Proximo

Reaction score
I don't care either way. I would prefer they were quicker and not so stupid.

The best celebrations in my opinion were ones like the Deion high step, the Mile High Salute, Cam's Superman.

They are short unique and fun.

The longer the celebration, the less I like it.

Short and sweet I can deal with. This corny elaborate stuff turns me off.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I thought it was funny.

If celebrations bother you after a score do something else. Literally anything else.

You're in the minority.

We'll get off your lawn now.

Hardline

Reaction score
I'm completely against relaxed celebration rules. Give the ref the ball after you cross the goal line and get off the field unless you are on the extra point team. I would like to see stricter celebration rules. If you are confused to what I am talking about go watch what Moose Johnston did after he scored touchdowns.
That crap Kelce pulled embarrassed me just watching .

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score

Posted this exact thing in the game thread. The contrived nature and prolonged demonstration is really cheesy. The Chad Johnson and TO ones (or steve smith rowing a boat) were somewhat creative, now "duck, duck, goose"?? "Hide and go seek"?? Really??

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Says the old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn. BTW..."Goldberg Style"? Nothing says below average IQ like a wrasslin' fan! What a dink.

I love wrestling and my IQ be good and I don't care what you say wrestling is great it's not fake its choreographed and yes I had to google how to spell that word. Woooooo!