Toys From Your Childhood That Today's Kids Would Probably Not Want

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
RS12;4483105 said:
No mention of Rock em Sock em Robots. What about APBA baseball? Electric football was very cool. I think the teams were Bears and Cardinals though, maybe the Browns. Also had most dangerous toy ever, lawn jarts. Those were awsome.

ssp1.jpg

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
SDogo;4483111 said:
Be honest I want the Evel & Robbie but cant justify the cost. I'm already bidding on the other one.

i can't either but ****.

i got it.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
iceberg;4483113 said:
i can't either but ****.

i got it.

It's a good buy and I'm jealous. I have an old toy collector that was on American Pickers a while back that has just the Evil one from 78' still in the box and he said it he was offered $300 for it a couple months ago. Would of sold it to me for $350. With the red wind up the one you got is likely a 76' or 77' cause they went to yellow in 78'.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
SDogo;4483120 said:
It's a good buy and I'm jealous. I have an old toy collector that was on American Pickers a while back that has just the Evil one from 78' still in the box and he said it he was offered $300 for it a couple months ago. Would of sold it to me for $350. With the red wind up the one you got is likely a 76' or 77' cause they went to yellow in 78'.

i'll split it w/ya if you don't win the other one.

i'm just having a blast reminicing.

[youtube]iYgh_Irk46M[/youtube]

speedkilz88

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4482706 said:
Oh heck yeah...forgot all about that one. Good call. Also makes me think of the old 6 million dollar man with the special eye.
Yeah, I loved both of those. I actually got similar evel knievel bikes for my nephews several years ago. If I was to get a nostalgic toy that Six Million Dollar Man would probably be the one. Although I have held on to my original remote control R2-D2 from 1977-78.(not in the greatest condition and the controller disappeared)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
speedkilz88;4483138 said:
Yeah, I loved both of those. I actually got similar evel knievel bikes for my nephews several years ago. If I was to get a nostalgic toy that Six Million Dollar Man would probably be the one. Although I have held on to my original remote control R2-D2 from 1977-78.

the 6 million dollar man is a classic also. loved that stuff.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Oh, earlier I missed the Starbird Avenger pic. I had one of those too. I actually hung on to that for a long time but it's gone now.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Does anyone remember in the late 70s a robot that was similar to Transformers that had tank like tracks on its back and could be coverted into a tank like vehicle? It was red and blue I believe. I can't remember the name and would like to be able to google a pic.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SDogo;4483111 said:
Be honest I want the Evel & Robbie but cant justify the cost. I'm already bidding on the other one.
Then I won't bid against you.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Popular again for all the wrong reasons...which means don't let this get political.

flair-etch-a-sketch-classic_282097.jpeg.jpg

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Hostile;4483163 said:
Popular again for all the wrong reasons...which means don't let this get political.

flair-etch-a-sketch-classic_282097.jpeg.jpg

Had one of those too...always used to draw cartoon characters and failed, because you can't "pick up" the "pen".

Hoofbite

Reaction score
casmith07;4483179 said:
Had one of those too...always used to draw cartoon characters and failed, because you can't "pick up" the "pen".

I was pretty good at drawing stairs.

Other than that, I had nothing.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
All the guys in my home town loved these.

Parents, not so much.

To be fair to the adults and their concerns, we did sharpen the tips on a bench grinder and threw them trying to hit lizards and stuff.

RS12

Reaction score
Hostile;4483187 said:
All the guys in my home town loved these.

Parents, not so much.

To be fair to the adults and their concerns, we did sharpen the tips on a bench grinder and threw them trying to hit lizards and stuff.

Once saw a kid throw one through a convertable top.:lmao: :lmao: What sober parent would allow kids to own these. Man the 60's and 70's were a time of danger. No seat belts, second hand smoke in kids faces, and lawn jarts.:laugh2: