Toys From Your Childhood That Today's Kids Would Probably Not Want

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I could not find a good picture of a rock and stick but man they were 2 things I played with a lot as a kid. :laugh2:

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Growing up, my family didn't have a lot of extra money, so us kids had to play games like:

MetalJacksAndBallSets.jpg

hopscotch-1.jpg

stevesfavorites.jpg

hide_and_seek1.jpg

71135_306691283681_5126278_n.jpg
<- Was unbeatable in Pogs

Until one day I finally got some of these:

!BpF(FiQBmk~$(KGrHqIOKkIEuZ+qU7K8BLp6gsjrdw~~_35.JPG

And then one of these:

nes.jpg

And I haven't been outside since.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
I absolutely loved this toy...

http://i848.***BLOCKED***/albums/ab49/duxdrummer/evel-knievel-stunt-cycle.jpg

RS12

Reaction score
Wimbo;4483652 said:

Loved slot cars, had the Richard Petty version. That thing sure was fragile though. Broke at the drop of a hat.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
RS12;4483694 said:
Loved slot cars, had the Richard Petty version. That thing sure was fragile though. Broke at the drop of a hat.

My racetrack was never electric. It had the launchers for the cars. I bought my son an electric racetrack and that thing was a complete and total piece of crap.

The cars wouldn't stay on the track and one car stopped working after the first day. the entire thing was in the trash within three days.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
vta;4483633 said:
I absolutely loved this toy...

http://i848.***BLOCKED***/albums/ab49/duxdrummer/evel-knievel-stunt-cycle.jpg

Signals;4483644 said:
:laugh2: This was my most cherished toy as a kid.

were were on ebay buying sprees for this last night. i got the evil & robby combo.

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4483723 said:
My racetrack was never electric. It had the launchers for the cars. I bought my son an electric racetrack and that thing was a complete and total piece of crap.

The cars wouldn't stay on the track and one car stopped working after the first day. the entire thing was in the trash within three days.

I like the hot wheels race car tracks. Man, those old orange sections made great swords,whips, and beaters:)...after the racing was done.

VINTAGE_MATTEL_HOT_WHEELS_RED_LINE_SPECIALTY_TRACK_LOT_CLAMPS_CONNECTORS_LOOPS.JPG

Wimbo

Reaction score
goliadmike;4483761 said:
I like the hot wheels race car tracks. Man, those old orange sections made great swords,whips, and beaters:)...after the racing was done.

VINTAGE_MATTEL_HOT_WHEELS_RED_LINE_SPECIALTY_TRACK_LOT_CLAMPS_CONNECTORS_LOOPS.JPG

I had that set, too. I was going to post it, but got distracted.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
playdoh.jpg

Kids today would either sniff a can of play-doh or eat some of it to see if they can get a high.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
http://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/350px-2006-02-04_Metal_spiral.jpg

http://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/Silly_Putty_html_m43a19f36.jpg

http://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/images-2.jpg

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
goliadmike;4483761 said:

Yep. I had the ones that you could add loops into the track too. They owned. The best part about it was, you could go to the store and buy new hotwheels to have new racecars for it.

Another thing, the cars were so much better quality back then. My cars were 2-3x the weight of today's hotwheels. Not to mention they rolled much smoother too.

One of my favorites was a yellow 1957 T-Bird that I had.

Whoa! This is it! It's for sale too! :laugh2:

1.jpg

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4483844 said:
Yep. I had the ones that you could add loops into the track too. They owned. The best part about it was, you could go to the store and buy new hotwheels to have new racecars for it.

Another thing, the cars were so much better quality back then. My cars were 2-3x the weight of today's hotwheels. Not to mention they rolled much smoother too.

One of my favorites was a yellow 1957 T-Bird that I had.

Whoa! This is it! It's for sale too! :laugh2:

Favorite Hot Wheels should be its own thread.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
iceberg;4483725 said:
were were on ebay buying sprees for this last night. i got the evil & robby combo.

No kidding did it cost you a bundle?

I went looking for an Alien toy I once owned and the price was ridiculous.
For some odd reason I threw it out when I was 16...

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CNC51410lg.jpg