Toys From Your Childhood That Today's Kids Would Probably Not Want

Kristi

I Rue Everything
Reaction score
BIG WHEELS!!!

big-wheel.jpg

I had a pink and light blue one with white tires and I had to be pried off it at the end of the day. I think there was a time or two where I probably got picked up and dragged it in the house with me. I wore the tires out on mine and then took my brothers. Loved doing spin outs in the drive ways, etc.

I don't see them much anymore -- I can't tell you the last time I saw a kid on a Big Wheel. I see they still sell them online on Google shopping so they still exist. I guess $50-$70 for a plastic bike that wears out fairly quickly isn't something too may parents are willing to spend their money on.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Kristi;4483197 said:
BIG WHEELS!!!

http://www.babble.com/products/kids-products/toy-fads/images/big-wheel.jpg

I had a pink and light blue one with white tires and I had to be pried off it at the end of the day. I think there was a time or two where I probably got picked up and dragged it in the house with me. I wore the tires out on mine and then took my brothers. Loved doing spin outs in the drive ways, etc.

I don't see them much anymore -- I can't tell you the last time I saw a kid on a Big Wheel. I see they still sell them online on Google shopping so they still exist. I guess $50-$70 for a plastic bike that wears out fairly quickly isn't something too may parents are willing to spend their money on.

You have to go with the Original with a brake so you can spin out Kristi.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
speedkilz88;4483208 said:

This is the one I had. They were awesome! Well, until you wore a hole in the front tire from pealing out all the time. :laugh2:

I'm going to go with one of these. My sister had one.

01.jpg

...and this.

playdoh.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
speedkilz88;4483208 said:

Anybody remember the green machine...that was fun. IIRC you could get a little faster in those but the fun thing was all of the turning and sliding you could get out of those things.

toys326d.jpg

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4483448 said:
Anybody remember the green machine...that was fun. IIRC you could get a little faster in those but the fun thing was all of the turning and sliding you could get out of those things.

toys326d.jpg

I remember it. I only got to ride one once though. A friend from down the street had his cousin come over and he brought his. There were like 6 of us cruising the streets that day in a caravan of big wheels.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I used to think I did not have many toys growing up until I started looking through this thread.

#reality

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

RS12

Reaction score
Faerluna;4483414 said:

To be honest this game was alot more fun to play than electric football. Some actual skill involved. Think the teams were Maple Leafs versus Red Wings.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
RS12;4483588 said:
To be honest this game was alot more fun to play than electric football. Some actual skill involved. Think the teams were Maple Leafs versus Red Wings.

The full arcade versions were the best though. My friend had the home version. That thing didn't last a month before we (a bunch of rambunctious boys) broke it.

I had the home version of Air Hockey. It was cool, but we busted it up too. :(

This isn't the one I had, but it was similar.

air_cadet_table_1.jpg

Wimbo

Reaction score
THis is what my G.I. JOE looked like...

zgijoe.JPG

Then I took him on an amphibious assault mission in my bathtub. After which, he looked like a chemo patient.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
stretch-armstrong.jpg

I cut them open once to see the bloody jelly inside.

Muahahahah!!!!

hanniballecter.jpg